Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The Brother Love Owwwr!

The Brother Love Owwwr! Brolo's show

Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

54: I Love You, Comcast

The Brolo's got a new girlfriend!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

The Jesus Sons
Jesus Sons

Questions:
I am 36, bisexual, married to a man, 32B bra size.

My husband lost his job last month and has been having a hard time finding a new one.

He seems to have fallen into a depression. As much as I want to make him feel better, it's become too much for me to handle. He doesn't help with house work even though he's home all day. In fact, he leaves everything around including food. I have to come home and clean the mess that he made, fix dinner, and try to make him feel like a man when he wallows in his self pity.

I know that this is a hard time for him but where is the line here? I don't want to sound insensitive but he's affecting me so much that I don't know if I can keep up with the demand to keep us all together while he gets his shit together.

I'm on his side and I want to help but I think the responsibility that has been put on me is too great and I feel like I'm going to break.

What do you think?
Mariana

I'm almost 21 and I give several anxious shits about this email.

I'm a student of Communications in Bangalore, India. I'm in my last semester of college. I'm interested in pursuing filmmaking and I much prefer Hollywood to Bollywood, so I know I need to go to the US or the UK. I have my heart set on New York, and you are in no small part to blame. This is also based on firsthand experience. I've been to NY, when I was 14. My parents love traveling and have let me tag along since I was very young.

I'm considering film schools all over the US, but NY is my first option. I'm also wondering if it is worth it. I know I need film school to get a visa, work experience, and contacts in the business. But is NY the right place for me? Money is not an issue for my parents, but fairly soon after film school I want to be independent and able to sustain myself doing what I love. Is it something that can happen in NY? I think Chemda mentioning how the artists seem to be leaving the city brought out some of these worries for me.

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Sincerely,
Worried-about-her-future
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a3728540739_10.jpg (46.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg charlie-daniels-2014cdcvr-h.jpg (97.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Marisela; 03-21-2014 at 03:14 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I love the album cover above all, but the Jimbo story is fantastic.

Not one of his friend's significant others said, "You do know that's a terrible idea, right?"
Old 03-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Comcast is the worst. I live in Florida and down here it's basically organized monopoly between AT&T and Comcast. In some areas you can get one, in others you get the other. I've had both and they are complete shit with the customer service.

I currently have Comcast too and am paying about 20% more then the price that was originally offered to me as a "deal" the customer service lady had for "that day only." When I said to them they record all of their phone calls and why don't they go check it, I got the "I don't know what to tell you." It's shit. And we know it's shit but we have no choice. We are cornered slaves for internet and cable.

On a happier note, I went to Austin to visit old friends last month and I felt the same way. People were very friendly and it had a very cool atmosphere.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Comcast is absolutely awful. They will keep jacking up the bill every month and when you threatened to cancel, will lower it briefly, but the next month it will go up again without any explanation. The internet connect is crappy and the channel selection subpar. It is truly terrifying that comcast and time warner are considering partnering up