Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Bottoms Up with Hennessy (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f31/)
-   -   27: Serenity Corner of Evilness (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f31/27-serenity-corner-evilness-18672/)

Michael's Servant 07-02-2014 11:00 AM

27: Serenity Corner of Evilness

Lauren and co-host Emmy count up to the bottom 10 scams. Ever.
With Chemda Quivers.

Chemda almost got talked into paying for a fake credit card, Emmy got gypped by a Bhuddist monk in Time Square and Lauren paid for his girlfriend's abortion! Find out who the bigger sucker is in this episode of Bottoms Up With Hennessy where we count up to the bottom 10 scams...ever.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

J. Canines 07-02-2014 12:23 PM

OMG. LOL. Holy shit.

Not sure if it's the upcoming July 4th patriotism and all the emotion that comes with it; but this Emmy & Henny loan rant hit me on an emotional level. Words like: beautiful, stirring, and just plain ol' good improv, come to mind.

Is there a Katguh for show previews? This is a contender.

Eric M 07-04-2014 01:53 PM

Emmy is so damn smart I loved what she had to say about modern music and the student loan speech was great. When I noticed you were smokin I enjoyed lighting up and pretending to join you. :)

BrianAlt 07-08-2014 11:46 AM

First, Lauren, gyp is derogatory. Gyp is short for gypsy.

Second, I love listening to podcasts. It means I get to walk around NYC with earbuds in my ears. No one talks to me. No one bothers me. I love it.

Sparrow 07-08-2014 12:38 PM

if ya didn't know about this gem,

nick reboot | feed your inner child

J. Canines 07-09-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E (Post 826165)
earbuds = GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME

They need to post this as a sign in every bus stop and subway.

shoebootie 07-17-2014 06:13 PM

Emmy's patriotic anti-student-loans rant is beautiful. EMMY FOR PRESIDENT.

I almost got swindled into a pyramid scheme of selling perfumes when I was 18 years old. Even then in the meeting when they were telling me how I'd have my own store if I sold enough, I knew it was shit, and discovered that this is probably where the knock-off perfume kiosks in the mall come from.

I actually got schemed out of some money when I was bedridden with flu/pneumonia and was fever high and had no idea what I agreed to on the phone. I couldn't cancel whatever weird service I signed up for that took $10 a month out of my bank account, my bank wouldn't stop the transactions from happening, so I just closed my account and went to a new bank. Cut 'em off at the source.

Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E 07-18-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 827063)
Emmy's patriotic anti-student-loans rant is beautiful. EMMY FOR PRESIDENT.

I almost got swindled into a pyramid scheme of selling perfumes when I was 18 years old. Even then in the meeting when they were telling me how I'd have my own store if I sold enough, I knew it was shit, and discovered that this is probably where the knock-off perfume kiosks in the mall come from.

I actually got schemed out of some money when I was bedridden with flu/pneumonia and was fever high and had no idea what I agreed to on the phone. I couldn't cancel whatever weird service I signed up for that took $10 a month out of my bank account, my bank wouldn't stop the transactions from happening, so I just closed my account and went to a new bank. Cut 'em off at the source.

I just found out my roommate had to do something similar. She cancelled her health insurance in January, sent emails, phone calls, mailed paperwork and they've charged her over a thousand dollars. She had the bank cancel any charges they make now they are sending her collection fees because they can't change her account. It's insane.

Scat 07-23-2014 11:53 AM

I had a roommate who tried to sell me 'premium speakers' which were actually the knock-off kind people try to sell you from the back of their vans. The story of how he got them (his friend worked in an electronics store that was closing, so they gave him electronics instead of pay) didn't really hold up under questioning, and when I googled the brand name a lot of red flags came up. What kind of idiot tries to scam the person who is going to be living next to you for the foreseeable future? Of course he never sold them and even left them behind when he got evicted.

I was also briefly involved in a ponzi scheme online. A website was promising impossible returns on an ad-clicking business. One member was offering $10 to anyone who would sign up under his referral. So I signed up and invested like $8 and sure enough, next week the US Department of Justice shut the website down. So I made $2 or so...

Growing up in a city, you get used to ignoring people coming at you with flyers or weird stories asking for money.

PsychoLoco 08-05-2014 11:36 PM

Loved the show. You are all wrong on one issue though.

Go to translate.google.com, English on the left, Spanish on the right. Then type in seedless in the left box.