Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Hang Out with Me

Hang Out with Me Myq Kaplan's show

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By littlp
  • 1 Post By myq
  • 1 Post By myq

Old 10-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

99: Nobody Gets Drunk Or Shows Their Boobs

Myq hangs out with Jesse Joyce, Gaby Dunn, and Jeff Jowdy on the KATG Network

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Last edited by Keith; 10-03-2013 at 05:36 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Sweet. I love me some Jesse Joyce, Gaby Dunn, and even Jesse Joyce as a guest sounds pretty good!

Perhaps if there weren't 82, 000 KatG spin-off podcasts; I'd be all caught up!

Still desperately trying to get to that Chris Fairbanks one. I love me some Chris Fairbanks. I got to see him open for Reggie Watts here in Missoula. I dig his nerdy/ somewhat obscure or odd reference style. Reminds me of...Myq.

Myq, do you have an album or youtube video that you are particuliarly proud of? I'm a fan, but I don't have any of your material on me ipod. Unless you count your podcast. Did I just answer my own question?

I anticipate a 4.5/ 5 stars on this one. Not unlike the great Carly Simon hit circa 1971; anticipation is making me wait. That or laziness. Am I still writing..?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Jesse's story about the pageant child is do terrifying because first where the hell is the mother and second, why hasn't her mother taught her stranger danger? Pageants are where predators go bc they know their fantasies are there. Thank god this child ran into Jesse and not one of those creeps. Super sucked for him though bc damn.

The way ancestry works is that they have access to public records from a long time ago and upload them into a database. The pictures come from the users who upload them. I used the free trial and found some distant relatives that had pictures of my great grand parents. I'm planning on going to my great great aunts and taking pictures of all the old pictures they have from Hungary so that other relatives can see it. You can search by social security number too. There are some limitations as certain countries have refused to release their census records. It was pretty cool to see my relatives names in the ship registry as well as the old census records. One of my friends is Puerto Rican and it was interesting to see the racism in how they classified people of color. I'd recommend the 2-week free trial.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Always interested in that Ancestry.com I was in and out of foster homes and don't know my biological parents so...I wonder if it'll work...

As a parent, let me say that pageants are gross. Predators are super gross and the parents who push their prepubescent, little daughters into an over-sexed world of really awful gender identity, should be beaten with lead-filled Barbie dolls.

Or not. (but something) The end.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
pageants are gross.
correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
Jesse's story about the pageant child is do terrifying because first where the hell is the mother and second, why hasn't her mother taught her stranger danger?
agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Sweet. I love me some Jesse Joyce, Gaby Dunn, and even Jesse Joyce as a guest sounds pretty good!

Still desperately trying to get to that Chris Fairbanks one. I love me some Chris Fairbanks. I got to see him open for Reggie Watts here in Missoula. I dig his nerdy/ somewhat obscure or odd reference style. Reminds me of...Myq.

Myq, do you have an album or youtube video that you are particuliarly proud of? I'm a fan, but I don't have any of your material on me ipod. Unless you count your podcast. Did I just answer my own question?
good question! even if you did, i'll answer it as well.

but first, about chris fairbanks. he is wonderful. and the first time we met, years ago at a festival in aspen, we both noted that we had some stylistic similarities. free-association-comedy-mistake-jazz, if you had to name it with those words maybe. he has an album, called "fairbanks!" i think. it's great! but that's not what you asked about.

i have two standup albums, "vegan mind meld" and "meat robot." i am proud of both of them, and other people have enjoyed them both as well. also, micah sherman and i have an album, "please be seated." it has music as well as comedy. musical comedy, mostly, that is. we also have some music videos. i believe they're all on my website. the videos. the albums are wherever you get albums from. my website, or itunes, or amazon, or wherever!

enjoy whatever you choose to enjoy! and thanks for enjoying as much of the podcast as you have and can and will and do! sincerely.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

This ep gave my ears a boner.

As always, the banter between Myq & the guests was rapid and entertaining. Even Gaby's brain farting came out smelling like roses

The breadth of topics was breathtaking, and I feel much better now that rape has been fixed. I'm not as happy about alcoholism being fixed though...

Myq - you are a podgod.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
This ep gave my ears a boner.

As always, the banter between Myq & the guests was rapid and entertaining. Even Gaby's brain farting came out smelling like roses

The breadth of topics was breathtaking, and I feel much better now that rape has been fixed. I'm not as happy about alcoholism being fixed though...

Myq - you are a podgod.
Happy to create things that make you happy... and it took fewer than six days to do it. (Of course, creating a podcast is less work than creating the universe, I presume. And also I had help from my guests, and the fine production team at the KATG network. So, together we all make some kind of Voltronic podgod combo. More like a Hindu polytheistic situation. Podly-theism, perhaps.)

Sincere thanks!
Scumhook likes this.