Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Hang Out with Me

Hang Out with Me Myq Kaplan's show

Like Tree5Likes

Old 01-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

128: Zamatteo

Myq hangs out with Sasheer Zamata and Matteo Lane on the KATG Network

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Myq hangs out with Sasheer Zamata and Matteo Lane on the KATG Network
yeah i do!
BrianAlt likes this.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

What a sparklingly wonderful ep!!!

And not just because Matteo (on occasion) sparkles, Sasheer was fantastic and Myq (as usual) was the perfect host.

It was sooo refreshing to have a meat eater talking about how wonderful meat is And pigs heads are bloody delicious - well done Sasheer!!

The conversation flowed easily and carried me along like a smiling leaf floating down a river of joy.

The fucking arbitrary time limit was up all too soon, but as usual, it was not I who'd made the mistake.

11/10 - this one's getting saved.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Meat Robot

Myq, I'm so loving your comedy album 'Meat Robot' !!!

Can you put an iTunes link in the show description here? You should. Every Myq fan should hear this thing. It's...it's...truly amazing.

It's like if Mitch Hedberg had jokes with substance. Really clever stuff.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
What a sparklingly wonderful ep!!!

And not just because Matteo (on occasion) sparkles, Sasheer was fantastic and Myq (as usual) was the perfect host.

The fucking arbitrary time limit was up all too soon, but as usual, it was not I who'd made the mistake.

11/10 - this one's getting saved.
You may have outdone your (always wonderfully complimentary) self with this latest assessment.

I felt like I should start my gratitude like that as opposed to my normal inclination to just mirror your words in my thanks, like "What a sparklingly wonderful comment!" (Which is also true.)

Sorry about the time limit! (But that's the way the world works. If you're enjoying it.)

Glad you enjoyed it so!

PS for anyone confused about the "11/10" reference, I am interpreting that as your rating of this episode as an "Eleven out of Ten," and not a reference to "November Tenth" which would also be a possible interpretation but one that makes less sense given the context. (If no one was confused by it like that, my apologies for thinking it might have happened, just because it took me a second.)

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Myq, I'm so loving your comedy album 'Meat Robot' !!!

Can you put an iTunes link in the show description here? You should. Every Myq fan should hear this thing. It's...it's...truly amazing.

It's like if Mitch Hedberg had jokes with substance. Really clever stuff.
That's very high praise and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much, glad you're enjoying it!

As far as a link goes, how is THIS!?!?
That's a link to the "buy" page on my website, where you can find the itunes link, the amazon one, and one to purchase a physical copy, direct from ME.

Hope that works for you! Sincerely appreciated, thanks again!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Damn. Should have bought it direct.

Then here's an idea. You should maybe change the link on your twitter to your homepage. Or not. THat's the one I used but I hate to think that more of that cash monies was going to you, rather than iTunes.

Ah wells. Capitalism.

It really is a smart album though. It sucks living where I live, (literally the definition of nowhere) cuz I don't get to see comedians perform live. I wish KatG had a super big budget where they dragged you, Myka, and BroLo out to LA Podfest...

Optimism! Hope! ...and of course...more coffee drugs. Cheers!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
As far as a link goes, how is THIS!?!?
That's a link to the "buy" page on my website, where you can find the itunes link, the amazon one, and one to purchase a physical copy, direct from ME.
!
I meant that (KATG permitting) you should have whoever posts your shows here , include a link to your homepage. On every show; in every show note page thing.

Just a thought. I just say this because society has gotten to the point where we are all lazy bastards and that typing 'MyQ Kaplan' into a search engine has become too much work...! Or maybe I'm just lazy. Just a thought.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Damn. Should have bought it direct.

Then here's an idea. You should maybe change the link on your twitter to your homepage. Or not. THat's the one I used but I hate to think that more of that cash monies was going to you, rather than iTunes.

Ah wells. Capitalism.

It really is a smart album though. It sucks living where I live, (literally the definition of nowhere) cuz I don't get to see comedians perform live. I wish KatG had a super big budget where they dragged you, Myka, and BroLo out to LA Podfest...

Optimism! Hope! ...and of course...more coffee drugs. Cheers!
cheers indeed!
hopefully i will perform somewhere near enough to where you are located someday. until then, thanks for buying the album, however you did it. don't feel bad! obviously i'm happy to have album sales regardless of how, and if you don't get a physical one, then i don't have to do anything. plus itunes sales add up and make it more likely for other people to learn about the album through itunes, i believe.

i thought about putting the "buy" page from my site as the link there, but my website link is right below, so it would look weird. so i'm fine to have people go through itunes. or if they go to my site and learn they can get a physical copy, even better. or even the more same.

sincerely, no worries and thanks for the support regardless!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
I meant that (KATG permitting) you should have whoever posts your shows here , include a link to your homepage. On every show; in every show note page thing.

Just a thought. I just say this because society has gotten to the point where we are all lazy bastards and that typing 'MyQ Kaplan' into a search engine has become too much work...! Or maybe I'm just lazy. Just a thought.
understood!
people are indeed lazy, but the way things are now, i usually respond to each of my show threads, and my website link is at the bottom of each of my posts. so, there you are! no more typing or searching necessary. laziness to the future!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've liked Mateo Lane on his two KatG appearances and loved him here. Even more so that he brought Sasheer.

I loved how Myq was like, "SO, the name Sasheer, is that a cultural name?" Haha! It was! A trekkie culture name!

Especially enjoyed the direction the conversation went with regards to race and it's relevance.

Nicely done.
Scumhook likes this.