Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Hang Out with Me (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   175: Three Hole-Punctual (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f32/175-three-hole-punctual-18670/)

dannyhatch 07-01-2014 02:36 PM

175: Three Hole-Punctual

Myq hangs out with Kambri Crews and Jon Warech on the KATG Network

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

myq 07-01-2014 05:39 PM

jon is my cousin! kambri is not! we have fun no matter what!

Scumhook 07-01-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myq (Post 825615)
jon is my cousin! kambri is not! we have fun no matter what!

I can't confirm the first or the second; however I can thoroughly attest to the 3rd!!!

Great show :D

myq 07-01-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 825618)
I can't confirm the first or the second; however I can thoroughly attest to the 3rd!!!

Great show :D

youuuuuu. great you!

J. Canines 07-06-2014 10:47 PM

Myq. I have a question.

Did Keith and Chemda ask you all 'last minute style' to do the KATG Stand-up-a-thon this year?

myq 07-07-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Canines (Post 826033)
Myq. I have a question.

Did Keith and Chemda ask you all 'last minute style' to do the KATG Stand-up-a-thon this year?

I can't speak to when and how everyone was asked, but I will say that for this sort of thing, I generally operate better in a last-minute sort of way than trying to sit down and write jokes about everyone (especially because in this situation, it's not clear who all is going to be there, and it's not the best form to tell roast-style mean-like jokes about people that aren't there and thus aren't in on it, in a sense, I would say).

So, for me, there definitely had to be a component of last minute-ness, and maybe similar things were at play for others.

Good question! Hope that helped.

J. Canines 07-07-2014 07:46 PM

Interesting.

Thank you for your reply. Comedian logic is strange to me, but I suppose being in the moment/ spontaneous is an art unto itself, (unto the original objective being the art that was initially the main goal.

myq 07-08-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Canines (Post 826114)
Interesting.

Thank you for your reply. Comedian logic is strange to me, but I suppose being in the moment/ spontaneous is an art unto itself, (unto the original objective being the art that was initially the main goal.

1) creating spontaneous comedy definitely is an art unto itself. (some call it "improv comedy." or in the confines of standup, some call it "riffing." or possibly "lazy." or some combination thereof... there are sincerely some people who are wonderful comedic in-the-momenters.)

2) with regard to this specific scenario, i do honestly feel that writing a great but potentially mean joke about someone who ends up not being there would be an unfortunate waste, or too mean to do. so, better to wait and see who's there, from one perspective.

3) comedian logic is just a subset of human logic, i would say. (but that could be my non-human comedian logic talking.)

PS you're welcome, and thank YOU!