Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   The KATG App (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   Feedback page location, landscape view and highlighting the forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f36/feedback-page-location-landscape-view-highlighting-forums-18458/)

bw81 03-18-2014 08:25 PM

Feedback page location, landscape view and highlighting the forums

Hey Michael,

App is fantastic. Here's a couple ideas I have;

* Feedback page remembers your details (name, location)

* Landscape view - maybe for the LIVE tab you could fit the Feedback page on there so its not a separate page.

* Make the comments/forums info more prominent so that newer people are drawn to it; "Comments & Discussions" is clear to me, a long time listener, but someone who is new to the community and maybe only uses the app might not know what this is. Maybe you could show the number of comments/likes for the episode showing or what the poll is for the episode.

* Speaking of the poll, maybe we could be logged into our forums name and be able to participate on the polls from the app.

I'm sure this is all just a tickbox you have to check...

MichaelApproved 03-18-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bw81 (Post 810133)
Hey Michael,
* Feedback page remembers your details (name, location)

Good point. High priority implementation. Thank you.

Quote:

* Landscape view - maybe for the LIVE tab you could fit the Feedback page on there so its not a separate page.

I'm not sure how much work goes into landscape view but I'll look into it. However, combining feedback with the Live page could be implemented sooner. We'll work on a design to implement this.

Quote:

* Make the comments/forums info more prominent so that newer people are drawn to it; "Comments & Discussions" is clear to me, a long time listener, but someone who is new to the community and maybe only uses the app might not know what this is. Maybe you could show the number of comments/likes for the episode showing or what the poll is for the episode.

Good idea. Medium priority implementation. Thank you.

Quote:

* Speaking of the poll, maybe we could be logged into our forums name and be able to participate on the polls from the app.

This is a good idea but would be too complicated to implement right now.

Quote:

I'm sure this is all just a tickbox you have to check...

More like captcha

johni22 01-23-2015 05:26 AM

Make the comments/forums info more prominent so that newer people are drawn to it; "Comments & Discussions" is clear to me, a long time listener, but someone who is new to the community and maybe only uses the app might not know what this is. Maybe you could show the number of comments/likes for the episode showing or what the poll is for the episode.

MichaelApproved 02-11-2015 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johni22 (Post 838135)
Make the comments/forums info more prominent so that newer people are drawn to it; "Comments & Discussions" is clear to me, a long time listener, but someone who is new to the community and maybe only uses the app might not know what this is. Maybe you could show the number of comments/likes for the episode showing or what the poll is for the episode.

Thanks for the feedback. Pulling in the number of comments and clear naming is a good idea.

Enunciated Piffle 03-16-2015 11:28 AM

I'm liking this app, but what's up with the Live Show counter? It seems to have a NYC bias.

Will I forever have to subtract 2 hours from counter time to correspond with my own time zone? Is this low priority? Do I super glue a post it note to my iPhone screen SUBTRACT 2 HOURS 4 KATG LIVE SHOWS so I don't get high and forget???

Also, can you access Talk Shite forums from app?

Lanfear 03-16-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 840591)
I'm liking this app, but what's up with the Live Show counter? It seems to have a NYC bias.

Will I forever have to subtract 2 hours from counter time to correspond with my own time zone? Is this low priority? Do I super glue a post it note to my iPhone screen SUBTRACT 2 HOURS 4 KATG LIVE SHOWS so I don't get high and forget???

Also, can you access Talk Shite forums from app?

I think you are high right now?
Are you talking about the countdown to the next live show?
That's a COUNTDOWN how can that be timezone biased?

Right now it shows me 1:26 till next show which corresponds perfectly to the calendar which says 3pm live show

Enunciated Piffle 03-16-2015 01:15 PM

I got excited about Mara Wilson today. I see on the app it says 1pm(my time zone) which is 3pm KATG time. So it's right on the money.

My bad. Sorry! I'll think of pertinent/ real things to bitch about...

ghauck 03-16-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 840591)
Will I forever have to subtract 2 hours from counter time to correspond with my own time zone?

Here you go Piff,

Show time=
(Current time+2 hours)- (number of emails sent to Keith ÷ (√ number of emails sent to Keith))

tsseo133 02-20-2017 07:55 PM

thank you have to tell me. it is very practical. thẩm mỹ mắt

Peterda 02-05-2020 04:54 AM

Nonetheless, the website has been doing well. No glitches so far.