Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The KATG App

The KATG App Comments, concerns, and bugs

Like Tree6Likes

Old 06-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
Do you have "Restrict apps in background" enabled? If so, can you whitelist the KATG App? Or turn that off and see if the problem persists?
I don't have apps restricted in the background, and this will happen while the app is open right in front of me as the primary app.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
I'm not sure if it's just me who has problems with the app, but I figured I'd post it here in case this is something you're unaware of or are working on.

Playback will stop all the time, and I'm not sure why. It does this with streaming, it does this with downloaded episodes. Whether I'm using headphones, listening in the car, or through a bluetooth stereo, it will just stop. I'll press play again but nothing. I'll have to close out of the app and start again, but this happens a lot. On almost every episode I listen to actually.
What device are you using?
Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
What device are you using?
Using an iPhone 6 which is current on updates
Old 08-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Notification vanished

App Version 2017.1.24

Yesterday I got a push notification chime from the app. I turned on the screen, tapped the notice and then entered my PIN to unlock.

The KATG app launched. Then nothing.

The notification cleared from the list of notifications at the top of the screen.

I don't see anywhere in the app to review what the notification said.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

requests for app

Had two requests to make the app even more perfect:

A Random Episode button
'Play Next/Previous ' episode buttons

With VIP there are THOUSANDS of episodes to get into across the various shows. Currently if i wanna listen to an from the years before i became a fan i need to scroll the list of KATG eps until my finger falls off or enter a specific number of the ep or search for a guest from that ep.

Searching for a number or guest is easy but if i don't have a specific ep I'm looking for, I'm just putting in random numbers and hoping i haven't listened to that already. And if, after hearing a particularly great episode from 10 years ago, if I wanna listen to the follow up i can't just hit "next" on the episode page, I have to go back to search and search the number of the next ep.

These are literally first world problems but it would make my time going through and enjoying VIP much better
Keith likes this.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I love the random. That'd be so funny.

Let's see if we can pass it through to the boss. Let him know through the app that you want it. Tell him we sent you. No, that we encouraged you. Shit. I don't know. Just send it through the app.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #27 (permalink)

Indeed, it's a great app.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

Potential bug with the android app

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with the android version of the app and I'm hoping if you can help?

I'm a VIP member so I'm slowly working through the backlog. Currently, I can't seem to get podcasts to start on the app if they are downloaded. Hitting play, all I hear is a "popping" sound like a bubble popping (if that makes sense).

However they start fine if they're not downloaded and I just stream them over my wifi. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Device details
Oneplus 6T
Android 11.
KATG App Version: 2017.24 downloaded via the google play store.

I've emailed michael but I'm afraid but I'm concerned I've not got the right address for him as I've not had a response. Am I screwing up somewhere?

Any questions, please let me know. It's probably a cock up on my part somewhere but I can't figure it out.

Cheers

Karl
Svage likes this.