Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   The KATG App (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   Rewriting both the iPhone and Android apps (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f36/rewriting-both-iphone-android-apps-19735/)

MichaelApproved 10-31-2016 12:57 PM

Beta test the Android app. Details in this thread http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...oid-app-20185/

Lanfear 02-06-2017 01:58 PM

Did you kick live show alerts in the new app or did I set something wrong in my IOS app permissions?

MichaelApproved 02-07-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 858007)
Did you kick live show alerts in the new app or did I set something wrong in my IOS app permissions?

I just sent Keith the instructions for sending the push notifications today. He should start this week.

addygirl 02-13-2017 10:44 PM

Downloading New Episodes

Okay, so I am admittedly way behind on my listening, but I still try and download the day's episode as I periodically have days when I can binge listen to multiple episodes at a time, but the most recent days' episodes in the app are marked VIP only; is this something new that I have missed because I am behind in my listening? Is there something wrong with my app? Am I losing my daily access to KATG? Help!

Thanks.

MichaelApproved 03-06-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addygirl (Post 858110)
Okay, so I am admittedly way behind on my listening, but I still try and download the day's episode as I periodically have days when I can binge listen to multiple episodes at a time, but the most recent days' episodes in the app are marked VIP only; is this something new that I have missed because I am behind in my listening? Is there something wrong with my app? Am I losing my daily access to KATG? Help!

Thanks.

The latest 50 or so episodes are always free but older episodes are part of KATG VIP. As new ones are released, older ones are put into VIP.

Piscean 03-06-2017 08:26 PM

I frequently see nothing from the app for a week or so, then I get 8 or 9 new show alerts all at once.

On Sunday I got a notice there was a show starting, so I went to the Live Show tab and watched it count down from 15 seconds or so. It got to 0. Did nothing for maybe 10 seconds, then reset the counter to 2 hours and started counting down again.

MichaelApproved 03-07-2017 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscean (Post 858603)
I frequently see nothing from the app for a week or so, then I get 8 or 9 new show alerts all at once.

Can you please send me a message from the app about this? The email template I use in the app will include your push notification ID. I can use that ID to look at the messages that were sent to your device.

The feedback message option is in the settings tab.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscean (Post 858603)
On Sunday I got a notice there was a show starting, so I went to the Live Show tab and watched it count down from 15 seconds or so. It got to 0. Did nothing for maybe 10 seconds, then reset the counter to 2 hours and started counting down again.

This might seem like a silly question but how long did you hang out on that screen after it got to 0? Sometimes Keith sends out the push notification before going live. You might've hit 0 and left just before the show started.

Piscean 03-07-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelApproved (Post 858609)
Can you please send me a message from the app about this? The email template I use in the app will include your push notification ID. I can use that ID to look at the messages that were sent to your device.

The feedback message option is in the settings tab.

This might seem like a silly question but how long did you hang out on that screen after it got to 0? Sometimes Keith sends out the push notification before going live. You might've hit 0 and left just before the show started.

I sent a message to you just now from the app.

For the other question, I probably only waited 15 seconds or so. You know what they say about Internet attention span only being 7 seconds? Yeah, that's me. Gotta keep it moving baby. :)

shoebootie 06-15-2017 02:33 PM

I'm not sure if it's just me who has problems with the app, but I figured I'd post it here in case this is something you're unaware of or are working on.

Playback will stop all the time, and I'm not sure why. It does this with streaming, it does this with downloaded episodes. Whether I'm using headphones, listening in the car, or through a bluetooth stereo, it will just stop. I'll press play again but nothing. I'll have to close out of the app and start again, but this happens a lot. On almost every episode I listen to actually.

Piscean 06-15-2017 05:03 PM

Do you have "Restrict apps in background" enabled? If so, can you whitelist the KATG App? Or turn that off and see if the problem persists?