Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   The KATG App (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   Sneak peek at the KATG Android app (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f36/sneak-peek-katg-android-app-18505/)

MichaelApproved 04-10-2014 01:35 PM

Sneak peek at the KATG Android app

Daniel Frey is working hard on the new KATG Android app. Here's a video of how the app is progressing so far.

EDIT: To keep the feedback focused in one place, I'm going to close this thread and ask everyone to post feedback in the G+ community. If you can't post there, feel free to PM me.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...98403125968262

Thank you for helping us improve the app!

RefusingYouLiquor 04-18-2014 12:42 AM

Looking forward to this!!!!

Thanks for bringing it to Android!

punk'n 04-19-2014 06:57 AM

Yes please!!

Scumhook 05-12-2014 12:17 AM

Steve Jobs is dead, and is smoking a turd in the deepest pits of hell.

Fuck the iOS platform.

GIVE US THE ANDROID APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for free, and fucking hurry up :D )

Karl 06-02-2014 03:02 PM

I guess the question is, why did they make an app for iOS before Android, when there are more than 4 times more people using Android than iOS?

theycallmepyro 06-02-2014 05:37 PM

I believe there was an Android app in the works for a while, but it got canned. I can't wait for this. Fuck iOS.

da_ticklah 06-03-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 822907)
I guess the question is, why did they make an app for iOS before Android, when there are more than 4 times more people using Android than iOS?

Talking to the folks who code the mobile app for my employer the feeling is that in general Android development is harder, more variations in OS there are still gingerbread based devices being sold, many different screen sizes etc...

Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In IOS there are 2 iPhone screen resolutions to deal with and on iPad there are 2 as well. Makes it easier to line things visually up when you have to code for less variables.

MichaelApproved 06-03-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 822907)

Doug volunteered his time and built a large part of the iOS app already. We needed to add some graphics and ship it so it was fairly easy to publish the app.

Daniel is volunteering his time building the Android app and we're working hard to get this out. There's a lot of core functionality that needs to be built since this is being published with VIP services. Once we get the first version out we'll have a strong base to work with. Subsequent versions should be released faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theycallmepyro (Post 822923)
I believe there was an Android app in the works for a while, but it got canned. I can't wait for this. Fuck iOS.

Daniel has been working on this app on and off for a while. It took us a few tries to connect because he needed me to develop some API resources for the app. To be honest, I was flooded with other KATG projects and dropped the ball on this a few times before we finally got this going, thanks in large part to his persistence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_ticklah (Post 822984)
Talking to the folks who code the mobile app for my employer the feeling is that in general Android development is harder, more variations in OS there are still gingerbread based devices being sold, many different screen sizes etc...

Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In IOS there are 2 iPhone screen resolutions to deal with and on iPad there are 2 as well. Makes it easier to line things visually up when you have to code for less variables.

I believe that it is harder to code for Android because of the reasons you stated but I honestly don't know all the complexities involved. I think many of those issues are now manageable by building a flexible interface to account for the difference screen sizes. We're also targeting the newest OS builds so that removes another layer of complexity.

shoebootie 06-04-2014 05:36 PM

excited for the Android app to come out... then I can sneakily download it onto any of my friends' smartphones :D

Alekseyev 06-27-2014 09:20 AM

I just got VIP, can't wait to listen to My Name is Keith in the car!

dEadERest 06-27-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alekseyev (Post 825248)
I just got VIP, can't wait to listen to My Name is Keith in the car!

prolly should have a safety warning with that

that is the music that plays in my head when i floss:confused:

RefusingYouLiquor 08-01-2014 12:23 PM

Any ETA on this app coming yet? :)

MichaelApproved 08-01-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RefusingYouLiquor (Post 828490)
Any ETA on this app coming yet? :)

It's really hard to say because the people working on it are doing it in their spare time. That time varies from many hours a week to gaps of a few weeks with no hours.

However, you can follow along with the progress by watching the issues close on our github page https://github.com/KeithAndTheGirl/K...Android/issues

RefusingYouLiquor 08-20-2014 03:47 PM

Thanks for the update.... Hopefully its sooner rather than later.... but c'est la vie :)

MichaelApproved 09-15-2014 04:01 AM

A beta version of the KATG Android app is ready! Here's how you can get it:

Join the Google Plus Community and look for the two posts Daniel made that allow you to opt in and download the app. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...98403125968262

Alekseyev 09-15-2014 04:13 PM

Cant opt in:
Quote:

There may be several reasons:
The app you’re looking for doesn't exist
or
the app developer is not currently running a test
or
you are not eligible to participate in the testing program.
If you received the link to this page from someone, we recommend you contact them for more information.
Go with all of my hopes and dreams beta testers!

MichaelApproved 09-16-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alekseyev (Post 831617)
Cant opt in:
Go with all of my hopes and dreams beta testers!

Give it another shot, the link should be fixed now.

Alekseyev 09-16-2014 10:24 PM

Yeah still nothin. Tried on my PC and my phone.

Scumhook 09-16-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alekseyev (Post 831688)
Yeah still nothin. Tried on my PC and my phone.

It's possible that you're too stupid to be using Android.

You may want to try the iPhone. Especially if you like U2.

dEadERest 09-22-2014 12:39 PM

app loaded [emoji75]

MichaelApproved 09-27-2014 04:13 PM

To keep the feedback focused in one place, I'm going to close this thread and ask everyone to post feedback in the G+ community. If you can't post there, feel free to PM me.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...98403125968262

Thank you for helping us improve the app!