Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The Hot Mess Comedy Hour

The Hot Mess Comedy Hour Andrea and Emily's show

Like Tree17Likes

Old 05-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAP View Post
But more importantly, what TYPE of bird should we eat?

a) Pigeon
b) Seagull
c) Crow
d) Owl

WRITE IN!
e) Canada Goose
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I hear Boots and the Ginger fucked an ostrich...allegedly.
The Girl likes this.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love the gen minute mess, but usually listen at work instead of watching. And since I'm about 1.5 months behind on podcasts I rarely comment. But yes, you two are hilarious and loved.
The Girl and TAFKAP like this.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzbubbles View Post
I love the gen minute mess, but usually listen at work instead of watching. And since I'm about 1.5 months behind on podcasts I rarely comment. But yes, you two are hilarious and loved.
THANK YOU I LOVE YOU
The Girl likes this.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
How about a Baygull
We're sum baygull eating bitches
The Girl likes this.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
[*]People - particularly men - do not want to come off as skeevy creeps
I'm a husband and dad that listens to the 10-minute Mess regularly BECAUSE - I have a daughter about Emily and Andrea's age (20's) and I happen to think it gives me a little insight into how my daughter thinks, and where her moral compass points. My daughter and I are super tight, but there's a limit to what we can talk about. But this show gives me a clue to who she probably is. And yeah, if she talks and thinks like Andrea and Emily, I'm just as proud of her, because she's the independent free-thinker her mom and I hoped for.

And...

There are moments at work where I need a laugh, and 10 Minute mess is good for breaking a bad day...

See... not skeevy. Right?
TAFKAP likes this.

--------------------
The problem is, they don't know what they are for.
They only know what they are against.
---------------------
Old 06-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Stylz View Post
I have a daughter about Emily and Andrea's age (20's) and I happen to think it gives me a little insight into how my daughter thinks, and where her moral compass points. My daughter and I are super tight, but there's a limit to what we can talk about. But this show gives me a clue to who she probably is. And yeah, if she talks and thinks like Andrea and Emily, I'm just as proud of her, because she's the independent free-thinker her mom and I hoped for.
This is BEYOND flattering, and your relationship with your daughter sounds cool as fuck!
Old 06-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAP View Post
... your relationship with your daughter sounds cool as fuck!
So, you mentioned that nobody reads/leaves comments here, so I feel safe sharing this story, in regards to my relationship with my daughter...

She was about 17, and had dated a few boys, but was never serious about any of them. Certainly not serious enough to have sex. Just a lot of kissing, based on her reports. So one day, I get a phone call:

Her: Dad, I think I met the "one".

Me: The one what?

Her: I think I met the "first" boy.

Me: *not wanting to assume* - The first boy for what?

Her: You know... sex.

okay - full stop right? What 17 year old daughter calls her dad with this revelation? What father doesn't immediately lose his shit? It was at this moment that the level of trust my daughter and I share was truly illustrated, and that trust and respect became more important to me than her virginity.

*small talk about where they met and is he in school, etc.*...

Her: How do I know if this is right? How do I know when I'm ready?

Me: Well sweetie, ask yourself this. If he stops calling in a couple weeks after you've maybe had a sex a few times, will you be okay? Will you still feel okay with your decision? Will you still feel like you owned your decision? If so, then you're in a good spot to follow your heart. And realize, he may do just that; just stop liking you. That doesn't make him a bad guy, and it doesn't make wanting to sleep with him wrong. You just need to make sure you own the experience, NOT him.

Her: ... pause... Okay. Thanks Dad.

My honest feeling in that moment was that, if I try to sway her away, lie to her, or in any way act upset at her, she may never ask me for advice or come to me at a crucial time ever again. So I tried to give her honest information and leave the decision to her, despite my natural (in my opinion) dad instincts to dissuade her vehemently.

I've always felt like you really don't know what kind of amazing person your child is until you talk to them as though you met them for the first time. My daughter is way cooler than I ever was. You two would like her a lot. You play that game about who would be in your crew... I think you'd pick her.

Thanks for letting me ramble on... how boring... a dad proud of his kid.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

This is interesting , im fine .