Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Flavor of the Month

Flavor of the Month Various guest hosts

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dmfrey
  • 1 Post By craigdw

Old 11-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

18: Full Frontal Lobe with Dr. Rosa Episode 1

On this episode Dr. Rosa and Tech Danny discuss ice pick lobotomies, the brain in your gut, and the impressive anatomy of the pussy. Prepare to have your parade throughly Brained upon. Disclaimer: this episode was recorded months before election night. Feelings relating to the state of hate and politics in America to be discussed at a later date.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Last edited by Marisela; 11-11-2016 at 09:19 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

The Innovators

Great show Dr. Rosa.

I am currently reading 'The Innovators'. You would really dig the first 200 pages. It describes the work that Ada Lovelace did to conceptualize the first computer in the mid-1800s. Then, 100 years later it goes into the female "Computers" at Harvard, working on the Harvard Mark I. There was a large contingent of female "computers" at the uPenn, where ENIAC, EDVAC and UNIVAC were created. Grace Hopper, who was a mathematician, and was responsible for creating the first programming languages.

The men who created these machines, physicists, and engineers, typically thought of these jobs as little more than secretarial positions. At the time, these were staffed by women. However, WWII produced more female mathematicians and it was these women who were instrumental in driving the technology to be the precursors of what we now know today as personal computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
Rosa likes this.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I agree with my dear friend, Apia. You two are like chocolate and peanut butter. Two great tastes that taste great together. I loved this episode. I laughed. I learned. I puked a wee bit. I had repeated nightmares about the head that was kept alive and licked stuff off its own nose, but overall, I loved every minute. More more more!
Apia likes this.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

I don't know what studies Rosa is specifically talking about, with the mice in water mazes for depression research, but when I've seen these tests done (with rats), the animal is rescued after a certain amount of time by the researcher, not allowed to sink to the bottom of the water dead... Drowning is not generally an approved form of lab animal euthanasia these days, just for anyone who's worried. I mean, I don't know how they do things in Cambridge....
Old 11-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyNtonic View Post
I don't know what studies Rosa is specifically talking about, with the mice in water mazes for depression research, but when I've seen these tests done (with rats), the animal is rescued after a certain amount of time by the researcher, not allowed to sink to the bottom of the water dead... Drowning is not generally an approved form of lab animal euthanasia these days, just for anyone who's worried. I mean, I don't know how they do things in Cambridge....
Thanks for pointing this out GinnyNtonic -- what you say above is accurate!