Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Flavor of the Month

Flavor of the Month Various guest hosts

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By littlp
  • 4 Post By NilFC
  • 1 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 1 Post By littlp
  • 2 Post By jaymiedylan

Old 12-09-2019, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

85: Take Your Pills, Psychopath! Episode 1: All Things Mentally Ill

"Take Your Pills, Psychopath!" is a comedy podcast that delves deep into the gnarly, misunderstood, painful hellscape of mental illness and boldly laughs in its face. Host John F. O'Donnell (Redacted Tonight, Comedy Central, Bipolar 1 Disorder) aims to bring together a supportive community of people dealing with mental health issues, i.e. "Psychopaths," who can motivate each other to proactively take responsibility as best we can for our mental illness, i.e. to figuratively or literally "Take our pills."

This is the maiden voyage of John F. O'Donnell's new podcast. It's a comedic deep dive into the land of all things mentally ill. This episode's topics include the Hindu lady's 50th birthday party that a manic John attended uninvited, what it's like to deal with being on psychotropic medication, and the desire to create a healing, destigmatized community for all the "Psychopaths" out there.

Guests:
Andrea Allan

John F. O'Donnell

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I think it's hard to find a diagnosis because there is no blood test that says you have this and this.

You have to go by symptoms.

And the symptoms mimic a lot of other diseases including substance abuse. For all the years of science we have under our belts-figuring out the brain is still such a tricky thing to try to nail down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apia and NotARegularMom like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

“I do mainly tree-based comedy” is fucking gold and John deserves someone who will appreciate that.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm excited to hear more from JFOD here but can you guys spend a bit more time on the topics you bring up? Andrea's a great co-host. Maybe she can help stay on topic.

You brought up Bipolar 1 and 2 - then never defined what 2 is.

What the hell is the 'bipolar blood' reference you made? What is this study?

What is the book Manic Depression: Illness or Awakening? The title sounds potentially dangerous. What did JFOD glean from it? Is it helpful or as Woo Woo science as it sounds?

Does Andrea have any disorders? Can she relate to mental illness when it comes to staying sober?

My friend Kelly is bipolar (the coveted Classic kind) and when off meds she confuses herself with Mary Magdalene, ends up in hospital, and then her friends have to take care of her cat and dog and plants for a month.

Is it hard to restart life after a manic episode?

I couldn't find where to put promo code JFODspecial. LiveFromOuterSpace.com comes up. Can JFOD put together a concise plug for all his stuff at end of show?

Looking forward to next ep. Longtime JFOD fan. Good to hear he's on top of his game.
Apia likes this.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I loved this episode and thought Andrea did a great job helping JFod stay on track.

What helped me was finally joining groups for people who have PCOS and PMDD. Part of it was holy shit thank god I don’t have it that bad! And other part was -so that is why I’m always itchy etc. put things into perspective for me and helped me not feel so alone.

I look forward to hearing more episodes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I burst out laughing at that joke. So sad it was wasted on that girl who didn't get it.
NilFC and Apia like this.