Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Wrap It Up! (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   13: #Burn2016totheGround (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f42/13-burn2016totheground-20207/)

dannyhatch 11-12-2016 04:04 PM

13: #Burn2016totheGround

On this episode the Wrap Pack (@DannyHatch & @RagingApathetic) hosts a live chat party/funeral for America in this special No-Fucks-Given edition of Wrap It Up! They discuss the rise of Führer Trump, take some calls and try to process our new dystopian future.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

lalalemon 11-13-2016 07:03 PM

Libby! Thank you for calling out Keith for his ignorant comments regarding Trump's candidacy/presidency. The whole "it will be hilarious" thing really bothered me over the last few months. Even his reluctant "I guess I'll do that right thing and vote for Hillary" was grating. Really? How can you not be supportive of a candidate that wants help secure rights for people who need them most?

We are in this position because 1) white people are scared and hateful and 2) white people can't look past their own perspective to understand how the current state of government will have very REAL and negative consequences for women, POC, immigrants, LGBT folk, the poor ...the list goes on.

This is not the time (nor will it ever be) to watch the world burn because it will be funny. Grow up.

Keith 11-14-2016 08:47 PM

I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you I throw up.

I'm sorry I didn't check the Hillary box hard enough.

During the primaries, as (apparently) a registered Republican, I still didn't vote for Trump, and I announced that. Also, SNL had Trump having fun before it got so scary, just like I said Can it be so bad? I think they more than made up for that just like I was clear Trump is bad news. All my Maybe it'll be funnies was before, to me, things got so racist and rapey. The last few months? Shame on you.

Oh I can't wait till Trump takes away your right to type.

P.S. I will NOT choke on dicks, so...

Edited to P.P.S. I didn't try enough for Bernie? I didn't give a fuck at all? I didn't have an opinion on right and wrong? No, YOU choke on the dicks. YOU CHOKE ON THE DICKS!

Seriously though, if the world doesn't get so much worse, I'll be taking my apologies one at a time. I'll be starting with Danny, Libby is second, and we'll take it from there.

lalalemon 11-14-2016 09:18 PM

What can I say- Libby does quite a job getting the Phillip's Heads fired up. Imo, the progression of clips in this show is a microcosm of the attitudes shared by a large portion of the general electorate. The refusal to take this election seriously (until damn near the time the votes were being tallied) and the vilifying of the only qualified candidate by moderate voters paired with the outright sexism, racism, xenophobia of much of middle the southern US has got us where we are right now. Not that the "lesser of two evils" argument wasn't understandable, but I am so bothered by the fact that from day 1 Trump did nothing but prove what a sociopath he is. Why did it take reasonable people (that's you, Keith) so long to come around and voice earnest support for the person who would have promoted and protected the basic rights of American citizens?

If we were louder, more firm in our support earlier on, would we be where we are right now? Of course the blames also lies with the very real problem of sexism and racism, but I think a more unified progressive front could have changed the outcome. Maybe in all of this we'll know better?

We'll get em next time?

Sparrow 11-14-2016 09:54 PM

all of this is very scary and complicated. i'm just gonna get a butt ton of guns, horde ammunition, and wait until somebody comes on my property.

Keith 11-14-2016 10:37 PM

You don't think that accent will save you?

Rosa 11-14-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 856700)
I'll be taking my apologies one at a time. I'll be starting with Danny, Libby is second, and we'll take it from there.

Donald Trump Whines About 'Phony' Attack Ads That Feature Him Speaking His Own Words | The Huffington Post

Keith 11-14-2016 10:48 PM

Ok, I'll have you at #3.

Just being positive. My bad.

Rosa 11-14-2016 10:51 PM

Trump calls protests 'unfair' in first controversial tweet as president-elect

Rosa 11-14-2016 10:55 PM

Very unfair!

Keith 11-14-2016 10:55 PM

I guess you're right. We're dead.

Rosa 11-14-2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalalemon (Post 856701)
Imo, the progression of clips in this show is a microcosm of the attitudes shared by a large portion of the general electorate.

yep, Keith epitomizes the "enthusiasm gap" that cost us this election.

Keith 11-14-2016 11:46 PM

I wasn't thrilled enough, folks.

Rosa 11-15-2016 12:22 AM

The Myths Democrats Swallowed That Cost Them the Presidential Election

Keith 11-15-2016 12:32 AM

With peace and love, any way you can sum that up?

Lanfear 11-15-2016 04:35 AM

I haven't listened to KATG shows since the election because I was very annoyed with how Keith talked about the election before the 8th but at that time I still thought everything would turn out OK somehow.
Well that clearly didn't happen and I couldn't quite face hearing Keith talk about it after - pretty happy with my choice right now.

And just to be clear this is no "finger hovering over the unsubscribe button if things don't change because I am butthurt" whining - I just need a minute right now.

Sparrow 11-15-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 856703)
You don't think that accent will save you?

'eh. when /everybody/ has one it's not so disarming.

Sparrow 11-15-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 856672)
I also think a real Christian ( I was raised Christian but I left church)
Can not vote for trump. Giving to the poor, helping others, sharing, forgiving, non violence, these are things Jesus was all about.

American Christianity is about protecting what's yours and using your God given "common sense" to know when Jesus was being a dead wrong faggot, praise His holy name.

Rosa 11-15-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 856713)
With peace and love, any way you can sum that up?

"Which leads back to the main point: Awash in false conspiracy theories and petulant immaturity, liberals put Trump in the White House. Trump won slightly fewer votes than Romney did in 2012—60.5 million compared with 60.9 million. On the other hand, almost 5 million Obama voters either stayed home or cast their votes for someone else."

thirteen 11-15-2016 09:29 AM

whoa what a crazy episode :)

Keith 11-15-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosa (Post 856721)
"Which leads back to the main point: Awash in false conspiracy theories and petulant immaturity, liberals put Trump in the White House. Trump won slightly fewer votes than Romney did in 2012—60.5 million compared with 60.9 million. On the other hand, almost 5 million Obama voters either stayed home or cast their votes for someone else."

I still don't see how that means you voted for Hillary better than I voted for Hillary because you like her more than I do, but I think we can tell we're not gonna get anywhere, so all I can say is let's all love each other before we die.

Lanfear 11-15-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 856729)
I still don't see how that means you voted for Hillary better than I voted for Hillary because you like her more than I do, but I think we can tell we're not gonna get anywhere, so all I can say is let's all love each other before we die.

As far as what annoyed me is you modeling shitty behavior.
Up until the last few days you several times said voting is stupid & useless, you didn't like Hillary, you were thinking about not voting at all, you would just do whatever Cat told you to do. You have a mic in front of your face, people think you are cool and are influenced by that kind of talk.
So yeah you could have been more enthusiastic.

But it's a comedy podcast and you have the right to your own opinion and Cat did send you out to vote after all - good for you.

Los 11-15-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosa (Post 856712)

I didn't hear the show, but I read that article. He was insulting anyone that didn't support Hillary, and ignoring problems with Clinton herself. Why?

She had issues going into the election, and just added to them. He didn't mention that she was already seen as untrustworthy, and that she assumed she had the support of Obama voters. You don't assume anything in an election. He also doesn't even consider that being under investigation while running for president was an important issue to voters.

Even if you ignore everything else, popularity is a problem. Obama, Sanders and Trump were all extremely popular with their base, while Hillary wasn't. She even admitted that she's more concerned about doing the job than being likable. That's not how you win.

It seems like Democrats don't want to even consider that she wasn't the right candidate, and I don't get it. Anyone that didn't support her is just stupid, racist or sexist. Alienating instead of understanding voters that didn't support her is a good way to make sure Democrats don't win the next election.

Lanfear 11-15-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 856729)

You are basically talking to an army of Piffles, who (even with all the election talk by clever people Michael and others guests) on the fucking morning of the election thought you weren't even able to vote for Hillary.

Keith 11-15-2016 01:11 PM

I appreciate Germany's anger at me. How did you try to help?

Lanfear 11-15-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 856735)
I appreciate Germany's anger at me. How did you try to help?

I'm pleased with what I did, you are pleased with what you did. Unicorns are pooping out rainbows and everybody is happy.

Keith 11-15-2016 01:52 PM

I'm fine with everything I did, correct.

Rosa 11-16-2016 10:55 AM

https://medium.com/@adrianjanchondo/...ce7#.thw2o9ffb

Los 11-16-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosa (Post 856766)

I stopped reading that article when she didn't even know what a server is. She literally doesn't know what she's talking about.

Rosa 11-16-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los (Post 856799)
I stopped reading that article when she didn't even know what a server is. She literally doesn't know what she's talking about.

good for you

craigdw 11-17-2016 02:14 PM

I needed a good dose of angry ranting after the election of Beelzebub last week. I knew I could count on Libby to channel my bile. Honestly, a big factor in my not scooping out my own brains with a melon baller was the fact that I know where to go to hear intelligent and reasonable people talk it out. Thank God for KATG's crack news team (The Crackest News Team in the Game!) Libby, you're the bomb.

Los 11-17-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosa (Post 856844)
good for you

He made some good points, but he doesn't know what the investigation was for, much less why people think it's a big deal. I thought it was a joke at first. He just need to do some research. Not knowing the details weakens his argument.

Lanfear 01-28-2017 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 856700)
I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you I throw up.

I'm sorry I didn't check the Hillary box hard enough.

During the primaries, as (apparently) a registered Republican, I still didn't vote for Trump, and I announced that. Also, SNL had Trump having fun before it got so scary, just like I said Can it be so bad? I think they more than made up for that just like I was clear Trump is bad news. All my Maybe it'll be funnies was before, to me, things got so racist and rapey. The last few months? Shame on you.

Oh I can't wait till Trump takes away your right to type.

P.S. I will NOT choke on dicks, so...

Edited to P.P.S. I didn't try enough for Bernie? I didn't give a fuck at all? I didn't have an opinion on right and wrong? No, YOU choke on the dicks. YOU CHOKE ON THE DICKS!

Seriously though, if the world doesn't get so much worse, I'll be taking my apologies one at a time. I'll be starting with Danny, Libby is second, and we'll take it from there.

Attachment 61839
QFT - Keith fully fighting the good fight, nope sorry still being silly. Thank fuck he married right.