Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Wrap It Up!

Wrap It Up! Libby's KATG wrap up show

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Rosa
  • 2 Post By Rosa
  • 1 Post By Just a fan
  • 1 Post By Todd
  • 1 Post By Todd
  • 1 Post By Steph

Old 09-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

7: Even Stephen

On this episode Libby is joined by guests Danny Hatch (@DannyHatch) and Stephen Spinola (@Mr_McStevie). We delve into some recent controversies, give out a few awards, and Stephen tries to figure out what the hell is happening.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Last edited by Marisela; 09-29-2016 at 02:39 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'm only halfway through... but two things:

1. Congrats to Todd!! (...do I get a cut?)

2. "An Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message, or feature in an interactive work such as a computer program, video game or DVD menu screen. The name is used to evoke the idea of a traditional Easter egg hunt.

Atari's 1979 release Adventure contains the first hidden message in a video game to have been discovered by its players; the message is "Created by Warren Robinett", and was inserted by Robinett, the game's programmer.According to Robinett, the term Easter egg was applied by Atari personnel on being alerted to the secret addition, and making the comparison of players' discovery of these secrets akin to the traditional Easter egg hunt."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)

"I'm trying to give people the joy of the best parts of the video" - Libby (on why she spoils the hunt)

What about the joy of finding an egg yourself?? If you give someone a map of all the easter eggs in the yard, is it still a hunt?

I do enjoy hearing the behind the scenes of these silly moments, so here's my segment pitch:
'The Hunt' / 'Eggheads on The Hunt' / 'Listener Look-Out' / (insert cleverest title here)
Ask your listeners to be on the look-out for easter eggs and write them in. At the end of each week you'll have a winner (opportunity for a shout out!) and you can still give the rundown. And sure, you can reveal any missed eggs and shame us all for not finding them. You'd be boosting attention and engagement. not a bad PR move for the PR maven...
The Girl and Just a fan like this.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

i suspect you can always suggest a new segment. there is clearly no cap on the number of segments on this show. you just won't get any berries...
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
I'm only halfway through... but two things:

"I'm trying to give people the joy of the best parts of the video" - Libby (on why she spoils the hunt)

What about the joy of finding an egg yourself?? If you give someone a map of all the easter eggs in the yard, is it still a hunt?

I do enjoy hearing the behind the scenes of these silly moments, so here's my segment pitch:
'The Hunt' / 'Eggheads on The Hunt' / 'Listener Look-Out' / (insert cleverest title here)
Ask your listeners to be on the look-out for easter eggs and write them in. At the end of each week you'll have a winner (opportunity for a shout out!) and you can still give the rundown. And sure, you can reveal any missed eggs and shame us all for not finding them. You'd be boosting attention and engagement. not a bad PR move for the PR maven...
I love this! I will definitely bring it up on the next episode.

I guess the reason I "spoil the hunt" is because I know that more people listen than watch. I'm speaking more to the listeners, to let them know if something interesting happened on the video, as opposed to the viewers who are watching the whole thing and don't need the eggs pointed out. To borrow your analogy, I'm letting someone know that a yard even exists with easter eggs to be found.

Hearts to Rosa for always having such great responses/ideas/information!!!
The Girl likes this.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
1. Congrats to Todd!! (...do I get a cut?)
I looked into it, but there is no way to deliver fresh berries to Massachusetts. The technology simply doesn't exist yet.

As a compromise, I was just going to be thinking of you as I enjoyed each delicious chocolate covered strawberry, but Danny has already been in touch with me and asked that I please not.

So it will have to suffice that I am grateful to you for doing what all women in science have done for so long: allowing a man to ride on your coattails until the moment of truth, when he snaps up all the accolades and glory. And strawberries.
Just a fan likes this.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Not certain precisely when I became Not Racist Todd, but I hesitate to question it too strongly lest it appear that I am requesting the opposite of that name...

Anyway, thanks for the hoodies! Goodies--of course I meant goodies. What would that have even meant? Weird typo.
Just a fan likes this.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Stephen was a great guest, both on your show, and on The Mother Ship (KATG). Libby, as busy and ubiquitous as you've been lately, you still managed to put together another really good show. I love Rosa's easter egg idea. Maybe you can call it "Episode Eggstras."

Last edited by craigdw; 10-02-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

LOVE

Just want to say I LOVE Wrap it Up SO MUCH, Libby rules and Danny is the best.
Thank you for being hilarious and amazing.
kevinquinn likes this.