Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums WHAT'S UP, A?

WHAT'S UP, A? Andrea's show

Like Tree90Likes

Old 06-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Andrea specifically mentioned confronting Danny about the behavior that bothered her before he left. The behavior regarding him training her and him stating he hopes she fails. By the way, he made it pretty clear on the shows before he left that he hoped she would fail at the position.

I would say that would count as a direct addressing of her grievances.
guess what. she didn't. she never confronted him about the behavior regarding him training her and his "hopes for her". that was a literal fabrication. in fact there are two lies here. 1. she never confronted him. 2. he never told her he hoped she'd fail, and he never genuinely desired as much. that is a false fucking narrative that her brain has settled on.

ok, gloves off.

first off, I was around for the last couple days of him training her and she did nothing but repeatedly thank him for his time and effort training her. he repeatedly asked if she felt ready and she said yes. after he moved, she texted him on a handful of occasions asking for additional technical and emotional support related to the work. he was nothing but helpful. i have read the text exchanges. not only that, on a couple of occasions she wrote to him to do some bemoaning of the job and her surprise at how much more work it was than she expected. she literally told him "you warned me"

shall we address the "negative attitude" about the job and the origin of this "hoping for failure" narrative? before Andrea took the job she asked Danny if he thought she should take it. as a friend, he was honest with her. he spoke to her candidly, and in confidence. he expressed his genuine reservations and qualms with the work and the environment. he conveyed above all else, that it would be more work than expected. he wanted her to know what she was getting herself into, because he FUCKING CARED ABOUT HER. he may not have told her every last gory detail, out of respect to K&C, but he gave her enough.

On this episode Andrea complained that Danny was being really negative about the job (re: warning her) and that she didn't want to hear something negative about this thing that she was really excited about. she suggested he was being shitty for not being more supportive and positive. well tough titties, honesty is the fucking policy with real friends about real life shit. she needed to know what she was signing on for. she literally asked for his opinion, he didn't just offer it up unsolicited. why ask his opinion? why want him to lie/mislead? wouldn't she have been more upset if she started working and then it turned out to be more than she thought she was signing on for?

Guess what else. in one of her post-transition texts to him she literally told him it was much more work than she thought she was signing on for, that she didn't know if she could keep doing it. in another text she asked him for advice on what to do when K was being mean to her. perhaps danny wasn't clear enough in his warning? perhaps he should have been more negative?

So where did this "hoping for failure" narrative come from? well andrea didn't exactly take danny's warnings super seriously, and danny worried that she would discover her fate the hard way. yes, he was a bit annoyed that she brushed it off (she was probably just trying to be positive minded, not a bad thing). he probably felt like she was assuming, at least to some extent, that danny was just a little bitch about things. so yeah he did joke about what it would be like to see andrea discover the reality the hard way. that it would be a struggle. he knew she was in for a lot and he joked about it. BUT YALL, HE DID NOT SECRETLY HOPE SHE WOULD LEGIT FAIL. He cared about his friend and wanted nothing but the best for her. who do you think danny is? besides, he was genuinely relieved to have someone taking his job so he could leave without feeling like he was leaving K&C in the lurch. that was really important to him. and in spite of wanting that for them, he still tried to deter Andrea, FOR HER OWN GOOD (against his own interest!).

It is beyond the pale to me hearing the way this has been spun, having been privy to their correspondences since he's left (and their last in person interactions), which paint just a completely different picture. I don't know what is happening over there, but I do know that it's a tough environment to work in and the role danny and andrea fill(ed) takes a toll. people will rationalize things for survival, and I have to speculate that's what andrea is doing. but it's now at the expense of danny's reputation.
Bucho and TxMama like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

As for his negative disposition when recording Hot Mess… he had good reason to be in a shit mood. Andrea and Emily had legit issues with showing up on time and completing their recordings in a timely and respectful fashion. This ate up Danny’s time and meant he had to stay that much later to wrap up other work. Danny never publicly aired this grievance and never complained to K&C, but he did confront A&E about it on more than one occasion. and despite their promises to improve, and acknowledgment that it was unfair and disrespectful to him, it didn’t really get better. Still, he held his tongue and did nothing more than shut down when they wanted to pal around.
Bucho likes this.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I can't read all of that, but you're really out of line Rosa.

I saw earlier you teased at "I'll leave some things left unsaid."

Please please say them.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I can't read all of that, but you're really out of line Rosa.

I saw earlier you teased at "I'll leave some things left unsaid."

Please please say them.
PLEASE!
Old 06-02-2017, 03:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
PLEASE!
Did one part of you think, "COULD they be onto something?"
Old 06-02-2017, 04:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
PLEASE!
I SO wish I could honor your request Keith, but I would have to be willing to betray the trust and comfort of too many people I still give a shit about. And for what, to publicly shame you? Because that's really all my unsaid words would do. Tempting, but that's a line I'm not prepared to cross.

I showed restraint out of respect to you and your team. Don't push me.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:58 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I always liked Danny and I hope to hear from him soon. I'm sad he disappeared.
It's not easy to build a new life in a new city I'm sure, but I hoped for something new from him and I'm sure so did many others.
I see he is alive on Facebook, but that's it.
Don't you worry your pretty little face Apia. He'll be back. We've got a nice rig set up here in Cambridge, but we have been both a little busy and done a little bit of dragging our feet. He's also nervous. I'm sure hearing from stuff like this from folks like you will help light the fire under his ass
Old 06-02-2017, 06:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

i will back my friend Danny any day of the week. i miss having him about in whatever form and whatever place he's in at any given time. he has his prickles for fuck sure, but /everybody/ in that room has similar prickles, nettles, stingers, and oozing saps.

being the right hand of KATG historically has worn people down to the nub. i think Danny came out better than most and that might be b/c he got out in time. i think that was smart. i don't know what that says about anybody and i won't sit here and draw conclusions about how things are run, but i know he threw himself into a fire, let it forge him, and now he's off with that spirit inside him so he can brave the others fires his chosen profession will lead him into. i'm proud of Danny and i love KATG, prickles, nettles, stingers, oozing saps and all.

#DannyBoyz4lyfe
Bucho, Scorpion, littlp and 3 others like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

My opinion of Danny could never change. He will always be in the top three funniest people of all time on KATG, along with Keith and Chemda, of course. I know the episode sounded a little cruel at times, but I just took it as the normal, snarky behind the scenes talk. I've left plenty of jobs being in a not-so-happy frame of mind. And who knows anybody's situation or frame of mind if they're not actually in the shoes of that person. I still love everybody. I do miss Danny and Rosa, and I'm having serious Libby withdrawals.
Bucho, Scorpion, flerchin and 4 others like this.

CW Design Shop
Old 06-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
Be careful what you wish for.
DONT TEASE ME LIKE THIS
Bucho likes this.