Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you stolen any equiptment from the doctor's office?
Yes 46 21.80%
No 165 78.20%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1007: Throwdown at the County Fair

"They pay you for this crap. It's amazing. God bless 'em."

www.BrotherLoveRocks.com/store
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Theif

When I used to take the munchkins to there doctor visits I would stock up on cotton balls and Latex gloves. Once tried to take the ting to look in the ears but got caught so blamed it on my daughter.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

It's spelled "equipment."

There, now that my nerd shit is done....

I don't cry at the doctor but I do have some of the symptoms of a panic attack. I think it's because I was molested as a kid and the invasive aspect of having a near stranger dig around down there just freaks me out. I feel trapped and powerless, which brings up seriously horrible emotions and memories in me.

I've discovered that "doctor fear" is more common than I realized, because I keep running into people who are afraid to go. I have a co-worker who hadn't gone to the doctor since her second child was born....twenty-five years ago. She did recently start going back again, and ended up having to make many appointments to deal with all kinds of testing that she'd never gotten done (mammograms, etc).

I'm not that bad, but it does usually take me a good three years or so to get up the courage to go back. Which reminds me, it's been about three years again.....shit.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I get super nervous in doctor's offices, whenever I have to go there I always have to repeat my mantra in my head, "You're an adult now, and this is what adults have to do. Stop being a baby, suck it up, and act like a grown-up."

My mantra works at the gyno but, OMG, if someone tries to draw blood, I start freaking out like a child and it usually takes more than one nurse to calm me down. I'm working on that, but still I get super-squeamish when the needles come out.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have the huge permanent scar on both my arms from donating plasma twice a week for 3 years... 300 750ml bags of plasma ... That's 60 gallons, more than a 55 gallon drum...

1DRT-N.jpg
Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

The insurance companies usually pay less than the individuals without insurance. You guys are paying $100 per visit, but the insurance is probably paying $75.

When my mom was in the hospital without health insurance they offered to help us out by letting us pay what the health insurance companies pay.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've never stolen a gratuitous amount of items, though I do enjoy chewing on the tongue depressors, so I grab one before I head out the door.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just wanted to second Keith and Brolo's opinions on Led Zeppelin and add that Houses of the Holy is my favorite album of all time, and Led Zeppelin: Live at Royal Albert Hall 1970 might have been the best concert of all time. It's on the Led Zeppelin DVD.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamS View Post
Led Zeppelin: Live at Royal Albert Hall 1970 might have been the best concert of all time. It's on the Led Zeppelin DVD.
The double dvd from Zep is the maybe the only live dvd worth everything. There's 5 hours of footage on that, covering the whole Zep career. Shits on "Song remains the same", BIG TIME.

Keith, if you feel like it, check out Cactus. Amazing rockin band from the 70's.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Was that a different version of "Devil Went Down To Georgia" or did it just sound different through the feed? Because it sounded strange.