Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were the guys from Capturing the Friedmans kid-touchers?
Yes 125 91.24%
No 12 8.76%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2009, 03:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1013: Mother Fuckers

"Drama will be soon."

Micah Sherman dot com. Home of comedian Micah Sherman.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Clarification from a Marilyn Manson nerd: he did not have any ribs removed at any point in time, it was a rumour from the early '90s started because he and his bassist would have shenanigans onstage. Not sure which is weirder, the truth or the rumour.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

In regards to me shooting an email over to MichaelApproved:

There are some big changes happening in iTunes and how it handles searching, keywords, etc, along with a few misc things, like an app for searching apps. I don't care for Michael on a personal level, but after the show, I thought about how I was wrong and went after him initially at his profession, as Keith went after me in mine. I felt obligated to offer help if I was aware of it, to make at least one decent effort to repair damage I did to him on a professional level(which is why he got an email, I didn't write anything in forums or say anything on the show).

I didn't get his reply, I marked him as spam a long time ago. I wasn't looking for a dialogue, anyway, just looking to make things right, balance the scales in my own mind where I thought they needed and deserved a tip in his favor.

For Chemda's understanding:

For the record, I apologized for how I initially handled the situation. I am still apologetic about that, I have said it over and over again. I should have realized his evidenced sensitivity, and even if I didn't, I should have only been openly critical via email about his professional business, not done so publicly in the forums as I did. Michael was and remains unwilling to patch things up and helped escalate things to where they are now, where they will likely remain. So, in short, on a personal level I still feel he can get bent.

Also, no way would I be upset about Keith reading an email I sent to Michael. When I wrote it, I half expected it to happen(I would have fully expected it, but nobody, I assumed, would give a shit anymore). While I can't imagine a situation where I would feel the need to email Michael again, if I do, I will save him the trouble and forward it to Keith as well. Keith is a pretty sharp guy, and anticipated this, which I am sure is why he deservedly felt comfortable reading it.

Maybe one day he(Michael) can handle his own business instead of looking to others to do it for him. Or not, whatever he is happiest with, it's his life.

Lots of lulz.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Is there any relation between strokes and pot?

Someone Google that for me.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

speaking of pedophiles...

Yesterday, I went downstairs to check the mail, and found two girls alone and crying in the hall, both about 5 or 7 years old...

What really sucks about where society has gone is, I felt so uncomfortable that I initially ignored them and walked by. I wouldn't want some strange adult guy talking to my little girl in a hallway.

Then, I felt really bad about it(especially after they stared at me, crying, with big puppy dog help me eyes), so standing as absolutely far away as possible, I asked if they were alright, and through tears, they told me their Mom just dropped them off, and their Dad wasn't home, they didn't know what to do.

It really sucked being in that awkward situation. I don't know what the protocol is anymore, and pedophiles are to blame.

In the end, I got my cell phone and they called their Mom or Dad, it was in Russian or something, so I don't know for sure, and I waited at the far end of the hall for their Dad to show up a few minutes later. He thanked me, I said no worries and went on with my day.

I blame Silly Billy for making me a weirdo in this particular situation, and wonder how you guys would handle it, in my shoes. (In NYC, mind you, not small town America)
Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Yesterday, I went downstairs to check the mail, and found two girls alone and crying in the hall, both about 5 or 7 years old...

What really sucks about where society has gone is, I felt so uncomfortable that I initially ignored them and walked by. I wouldn't want some strange adult guy talking to my little girl in a hallway.

Then, I felt really bad about it(especially after they stared at me, crying, with big puppy dog help me eyes), so standing as absolutely far away as possible, I asked if they were alright, and through tears, they told me their Mom just dropped them off, and their Dad wasn't home, they didn't know what to do.

It really sucked being in that awkward situation. I don't know what the protocol is anymore, and pedophiles are to blame.

In the end, I got my cell phone and they called their Mom or Dad, it was in Russian or something, so I don't know for sure, and I waited at the far end of the hall for their Dad to show up a few minutes later. He thanked me, I said no worries and went on with my day.

I blame Silly Billy for making me a weirdo in this particular situation, and wonder how you guys would handle it, in my shoes. (In NYC, mind you, not small town America)

Spooky that was a very nice thing to do. I agree with you that pedophiles have made it difficult to do anything to help a kid out. I have been in very similar situations and acting the same did not really know what to do for fear of accusations. I have two little girls and a son and I must say what you did was a nice thing and honestly you did it probably the best way you could have.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

When I was in DC being all touristy and taking pictures in a relatively desolate area, there was a ~5 year old boy just staring at my me and my friend and crying from about 10 feet away. I wanted to ignore it but there was no one else around, so I just kept my distance and asked some questions. He said he wasn't lost and knew where his parents were, so I told him to go find them and I went on with my day.

I think the important thing is to always keep distance. The same rules apply for wild animals and small children.

Last edited by Astigos; 08-01-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

How sad it is to live in a society where being a friendly person or trying to help is perceived as having ulterior motives. While I understand protecting yourself and your children, living a paranoid life, and therefore teaching your children to live paranoid lives, is something that destroys society. It is still possible to be a good, friendly person in this world.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

I wish someone would make a cartoon of Micah trying to describe the sex dream with his father. I lost my shit so hard I laughed, cried and cringed all at the same time.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Micah Sherman

Am i the only one that finds this guy annoying?