Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Monroe College graduate is suing Monroe for not being able to find her a job.
She's in the right. Monroe promised job placement. 38 32.48%
She's in the wrong. Finding a job is ultimately up to the individual. 79 67.52%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
Thats a shitty situation to be in, then you sound like a dick when you explain your position. "No it's not hurting me, but... but... C'MON! He's been homeless for almost a year now!"
Ray's being a good friend, if I had a Dan Allen-esque friend in my life who was still homeless after a year it may start to bother me a little - just get your shit together already. There's a simple solution for him to end all the homeless jokes at his expense, answer: go get a home.

However it would make for less entertaining shows for us, so to each their own...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Did anyone else find it totally hot when they were talking about wrestling? All that talk about the dominating and the taunting and the power games? And Chemda's feistiness, I know it drives Keith nuts sometimes but, and I admit it's a different story when you're about seventeen million miles away instead of facing her down across a poker table or a game board or having her kick your electronic gadgets across the room, it's one of the things I like so much about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Ray was aces. His happily sarcastic comments were amazing!
Yes he was, he's always absolute gold on the show, plus his laugh is the best.

Last edited by Bucho; 08-06-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Did anyone else find it totally hot when they were talking about wrestling? All that talk about the dominating and the taunting and the power games?
Chemda is about the most perfect combination of feistiness, smarts, and funny, i've ever heard. And if she wanted she could make a grocery list sound hot and pleasing to the ears.

Besides that (which is a thing i dont post often, only because i think it's a given that both her and Keet are the main reason that makes me follow constantly this show), the whole segment about Chemda's poor sportmanship was a riot.

Keith: "Let me tell you a story about her..."
Chemda: "No!"
Ray "I DO want to hear a story" (the way he said it was priceless)
Old 08-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

About the Monroe-suing lady - I got my Master's degree in April with a 3.7 GPA and I'm starting my new job next week. From what I've read that's a pretty normal length of time to find work, especially right now. As ridiculous as it is to promise employment, it's ridiculous to believe that promise. You can't force anyone to hire anyone.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Ray's being a good friend, if I had a Dan Allen-esque friend in my life who was still homeless after a year it may start to bother me a little - just get your shit together already. There's a simple solution for him to end all the homeless jokes at his expense, answer: go get a home.
I've had the privilege of being both the homeless friend (although not for a year), and the friend who tried to help someone in a messed up situation.

Ray is being a good friend, no doubt about that. Yet, when i was homeless, my pride and stubborness always made me shrug off any intervention. I usually said "It's just a phase. i'll get my shit tohgether", or worse i completely ran away from everyone, finding myself alone in the end.

Same thing happened when i tried to help others. You can help a person in that sort of trouble, but it's very easy that they wont hear you until they hit rock bottom.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Did anyone else find it totally hot when they were talking about wrestling? All that talk about the dominating and the taunting and the power games?
I found it hot too. I love hearing stories of Chemda's competitive nature, the KATG tv clip of her breaking the toy was funny. I wonder if Keith ever lets Chemda win stuff just so he doesn't have to deal with the aftermath?

Quote:
Yes he was, he's always absolute gold on the show, plus his laugh is the best.
Best laugh ever.

Quote:
Same thing happened when i tried to help others. You can help a person in that sort of trouble, but it's very easy that they wont hear you until they hit rock bottom.
I totally agree Junk. I've been in a similar situation, a good friend of mine was pretty messed up a while back (alcohol, drugs etc) and I personally found it very difficult to sit by and watch them unravel. It's the fairweather friends who sit back and watch without concerning themselves; it takes real friends to be brutally honest. It may cause arguments and tension at the time because people don't like hearing the truth, but they'll be grateful for it later - at least in my limited experience.

Last edited by archicat; 08-06-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

I went through a 3 month training course that I paid $20,000 for. I got a job before the course ended, and so did anyone else who was competent. They tried like to hell to place everyone, called in employers, did mock interviews. Pretty much if you learned nothing, repeat this, and maybe you can fool them long enough to make the mistake of giving you a job.

And some people couldn't even do that. Her degree is a technical. They look at your resume, but since HR people don't know anything about what you do, you also have to pass a "technical interview." Unlike other jobs where you can fake it, her degree will require her to prove to any employer that she can do the job, regardless of what her resume says before she'll get hired.

They probably did teach her everything she needed to know to get a job, doesn't mean she actually learned any of it.

And the stress of a 3 month job search after graduating college? I don't recall them handing out job apps at my graduation either.

Follow up Article: Cannot blame college for unemployment
Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Ha, this has been a predicted outcome for several years. With the whole "Everyone deserves a trophy" and "Everyone who tried should be a winner". Expect more of this sort of thing, kids growing up in this environment will not be ready to deal with the real world.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Ha, this has been a predicted outcome for several years. With the whole "Everyone deserves a trophy" and "Everyone who tried should be a winner". Expect more of this sort of thing, kids growing up in this environment will not be ready to deal with the real world.
What's scary is that the kids you mention are the ones who turn into bitter assholes who whine, stomp their feet and sue until they get what they want. And when this process doesnt work they start becomin big time abusers.

Behind those lawsuits there's a big "Waaaah! Mommy, i wannit!", hidden in plain sight.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I've had the privilege of being both the homeless friend
Homelessness isn't a privilege, it's a right.