Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: freaks that "marry" inanimate objects. Are/will they be dangerous to others?
Yes; they're gonna snap and hurt somebody. (As if they haven't snapped already...) 44 31.43%
No; they just like what they like. Who cares? It's harmless. 96 68.57%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think that the image of Jesse Joyce petting a pug and calling it "buddy" will haunt me for a while....

If i had the attention span required a photoshop of the man's face and any Maria Bamford cd cover would work perfectly.

I still love him to bits and pieces, of course.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
When Patrice first mentioned this type of fetish, i watched the doc. They seemed more like super introverted and extremely sad freaks. But not the type who would hurt anyone.

As a counterpoint, anyone could turn dangerous, but if we followed this path we should be suspicious of all sexual deviants, and then we would have no KATG forums.
I aggree, these people seem like they were the dweebs in high school that didn't get beat up cause they were too odd, kids just stayed clear of them.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Am I the only one who didn't get the snake joke?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

IT'S BETTER TO FAIL EARLY

Any person should move out of their parent's house as soon as they possibly can. Growing up, my father always reminded my older brother (2 years) and I that we were out of the house at 18 years old. This was not because he didn't care or wanted us gone. He gave us the tools needed to make it in the world and there comes a time to put it to a test. Your parents can't carry you forever.

I graduated high school at 17 and started college early 3 weeks later. This got me out the house and out of his hair. We didn't fight much, but when we did it always ended with "Are you a man, now? You can get out my house." The one time I said yes was the same day I decided to start college early. I had no where else to go.

I ended up flunking out of college, being basically homeless in NC and coming back home defeated. At 20 years old my bottom was when my father had to buy me shoes because I only had 15 cents in my bank account.

Needless to say I got my shit together. Within 6 months I got a job, back in school and my own place again. I'm 33 years old now and I haven't need my families support since. I learned valuable lessons about life, being an adult and being a man in those first few years on my own. I wouldn't change those experiences at all.

As an adult you have to be able to look your parents in the eye and see them as a peer not just your mom or dad. Stop crying and bitching about whatever mommy and daddy did to you when you were growing up. Live your life above their judgement. You owe them nothing and they owe you nothing. They gave you life and it's your job to keep it moving after that.

btw... I was latchkey kid since I was 7 and my brother was 9. I learned how to handle intruders, feed myself, not talk to strangers and cross the street just fine. Thanks Mom and Dad. I know the world isn't fair and I don't expect it to be. Suck it up.

.. I DRIVE FAST

Last edited by 1goodI; 08-06-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
Am I the only one who didn't get the snake joke?

PAULA ABDUL - COLD HEARTED LYRICS
Old 08-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Moving out after highschool made my relationship with my parents much better I'd say mainly because you can no longer get into petty discussions about little stuff like "do the dishes" and "where are you going" or "when did you come home last night".
I moved 1 hour away for college and now live 2 hours away which is pretty perfect because its far enough away that there are no surprise visits on Sunday afternoon but its close enough to go home for birthdays and family events.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ew, the piece of shit mass murderer George Sodini was also a PUA devotee.....

Meet George Sodini's Relationship Guru | Slog | The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper

Had the books AND attended the seminars.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I also hate how people just let their dogs wander around when inviting you to their house. Once I went down a friends house to watch a pay per view fight. As soon as the door opened a dog that looked roughly like the dog/dragon from "The Never Ending Story" jumped on me like it was a police dog. It floored me like Dino from the Flintstones.

All these motherfuckers thought this shit was hilarious as the rape-licked my face. It was unsettling. Later as other guest came to the party the dog did this to everyone who walked in until it was locked in the laundry room.

Ugh!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
Myq would have been an awesome teacher; I can only imagine the amazing puns and wordplays I'd have been taught as a kid...another 'what if' to add to my life collection.
And if you don't want to use your imagination THAT much, why not just take solace in the fact that you're learning and experiencing them all now.
You'd just have been dorkier SOONER, is all.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Myq was saying something about how the lady that's in love with the rollercoaster should have a polygamous relationship with it, and anyone else who loves the rollercoaster...
well, if you watch the movie that that lady is on, "In love with the Eiffel Tower" (i think), there are two women that discover they are both in love with the Berlin Wall and they decide to share him. The lady that has been in love with it longer makes the other girl a replica of the Wall that she can have when the first lady is being "with" the wall. They don't share sexual experiences, but they respect each other's feelings and have it all scheduled so only one of them is "with" the Wall at a time.

It's fuckin creepy.
And respectful!

Has anyone ever heard of anyone with this fetish going crazy? No, people who snap are always quiet recluses who "would never hurt a fly," not roller coaster-fuckers. 100% of every person I've ever heard of with this condition has been harmless. Not so for "normal" people-fuckers.

Anyway, what's the problem with it? They're not transmitting disease, they're not getting illegitimately pregnant, they're not contributing to the overpopulation problem, they're not feeding into the sexist/homophobic patriarchy, they're contributing to the economy with their theme park ticket purchases or consumption of whatever object they're into, it's all good, people.

Don't be so objectum-ist.

PS I like humans! (Human women! One woman!)
Old 08-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

There is another angle on Mrs Rollercoaster. Nutty, yes, but she could just be doing it for the attention. It's a stupid way to do it, but there are plenty of stupid people out there. She got herself in the paper, probably her local news, and, well, this podcast.