Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does Joe Rogan have a right to call out joke thieves?
Yes. All whistle-blowers are appreciated. 145 84.80%
No. You don't sell out the way he has and act holier than thou. 26 15.20%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree9Likes

Old 08-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #51 (permalink)

I agree with many here that this show was great, and Marc Maron is extremely well-spoken. Great radio voice, too.

Also, I could hear the excitement in Keith's voice having Marc on the show. Almost "giddy".
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I had a friend in middle school who turned into a neo-nazi in high school, and I remember once he said something negative in passing about Mexicans, and I reminded him that I'm a Mexican. He told me "you're not a Mexican. Mexicans are dirty." I kept telling him, no, I am a Mexican, you've met my dad-it's obvious, I'm quite Mexican etc., and he said something like "no, you're not, don't think that way about yourself" as if I'd said "I'm shitty, there;s no use, I'll always be shitty." It was so odd. The solid fact of reality didn't matter when it jarred with his own racism.
Damn... That is crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
Also, I could hear the excitement in Keith's voice having Marc on the show. Almost "giddy".
I especially heard it when he found he was able to talk freely about his love of Andrew Dice Clay
Old 08-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech007 View Post
It was a great show - I went over to the breakroom live site and was blown away at all the good stuff in there.

His 2 part interview with Lewis Black is a fantastic treat for comedy buffs.
awesome thank you, I was trying to find it on the site but surfing through it isn't very intuitive
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarbles View Post
If they can't write something more entertaining than a guy eating a goat penis, then maybe they should find another line of work.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
If the ends justify the means, then do you think the Dane Cook also did what he had to do to get where he wanted to be. Now that he is famous, he can do movies and pay someone to write jokes for him so he is not a sell out???
Stealing isn't the same thing as selling out, and I fail to see how hosting a TV show that was more entertaining then most sitcoms is selling out.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #55 (permalink)

Great show,great guest. I do however disagree with Marc about Joe Rogan. Even tho he isnt as great a comedic presence as say a Myq Kaplan, he has stayed true to himself as he has done his gigs. I for one enjoyed fear factor..granted i was in my twenties then, but it was entertaining....was it responsible for flavor or love etc...hell no...that would be a hell of a stretch...not to mention the vast majority of sitcoms suck ass imo. And sellout?? Hell no again. Even to this day Rogan is completely who he is and his personality comes through in the work. I have to say Marc is looking through jealous and bitter glasses when it comes to this. Big balls to Rogan for calling the "beaner" out for joke theft..and big balls also to keith for calling Marc out on the Mighty Ducks 2..what a piece of shit that was. I did enjoy Marc as a guest ,just disagree with him. Awesome story about Dice tho
Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #56 (permalink)

Best show evar!!1!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
Marc Maron may be the fastest talking guest ever. Which is great because it allowed for even more of his opinions to be expressed which I, for one, found extremely interesting.
??

Jesus Christ. I had to pause the episode 20 minutes in so I could catch my breath. Not only would the guest not stop talking, he wouldn't even pause talking to take breaths. FUCK! And I still ended up giving up on the ep with 30 minutes left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Holy jesus fuckballs. This episode is instant classic. Marc can deliver well thought out opinions and have them be hilarious and engaging.
As for well thought out opinions...maybe, I mean with the sheer number of words spewing out of his mouth he must have been pondering over these things for a LONG time, but they sure as hell were not well-delivered. Get to the goddamn point.

I, for one, hope this guest is not a repeat.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #58 (permalink)

Hmmm.... Marc's problem with Rogan was that "If you're going to call someone out in public, your shit better be pretty fucking straight." (<-- NOT A QUOTE... he said something like that.) BUT Marc felt free to talk shit about Rogan while mentioning that he doesn't know Rogan's material. Marc said "I've seen parts of his act here and there." WTF! I don't hold this against Marc as a person/comic but that is one fuck of a contradiction. I understand that not everyone is ready to explain what they hate and why they hate it at the drop of a dime. Someone like Marc should probably be ready to admit that they do not have their opinions fully thought out, even if they're on a radio show. I don't know if Marc has this shit thought out or not but I think he's smarter than to shittalk someone as a comic before hearing their material. I think the dude is smart and a great comic. I just think that he is hating on Rogan for complete bullshit reasons.

I feel the need to say so since my top 2 comedians ever are Bill Hicks and Joe Rogan. I like Marc but he fucked up on that point IMO.

How is he this perceptive and still willing to shittalk Rogan?

As a matter of fact, FUCK Marc Maron for saying that Rogan "lowered the bar" of American culture or whatever the fuck his point was. This kind of shittalk lowers more bars than ANYTHING Rogan has ever done. Rogan raises bars. KTHX. "Idiotic trajectory" my fucking ass. Like they wouldn't have made Fear Factor with or without Rogan.

AND LMFAO at the Mighty Ducks 2 reference. Where's the bar now Marc? Tell Emilio Estevez we all said hi and thank god we all have our integrity unlike Joe Rogan. Fuck that.

</my first KATG post. Hi guys, thanks for having me. HUGE FAN.>
Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk3 View Post
</my first KATG post. Hi guys, thanks for having me. HUGE FAN.>
Fuuuuck Yoooouuuu!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was listening again today and the only thing I wished was different is if Keith or Chemda had brought up the point that a lower profile guy calling out the thief that stole his jokes not only has less power than someone like Joe Rogan - so the thief can ignore it more easily because he has less risk of the wider public becoming aware of it - but the thief also denies the original guy the power that comes from delivering the joke to a fresh audience.

I mean, the first time you hear a joke it has the most power, so for example if people heard Louis do the jokes after bigtime Dane had already exposed the joke to a mass audience, then they'd be seeing Lewis for the first time but not hearing his jokes for the first time, and so he'd make less of a splash and consequently have less chance of reaching Cook's level of success than if it wasn't already second-hand material. It's only one aspect of the crime, but I wonder what Marc would've said in response given that he was saying the theif should be called out once, then left to his own conscience. Because really, fuck a theif's conscience, they're scumbags, that's why there should be comedy police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Oh the lovely puns that would sprout from this, if Myq read it. Bucho, Bucho, you never disappoint me, you kiwi simian.
I can't remember who the poster was that started comparing them but I'm sure he never meant Myq and Joe's names to become forever linked in some people's minds in a positive way. Now whenever Joe is mentioned what comes to mind is Fear Factor, mind-expansion techniques, UFC and Myq Kaplan. Oh the delicious irony.