Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever cheated on someone?
Yes 66 34.20%
No 127 65.80%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If someone asked me how i started smoking i wouldnt really know the answer. I know i started a while after drinking, so it must be around 18, but i dont remember why.

It could have been "peer pressure", but that's a bullshit excuse. No one forces you into smoking, you do it to look cool and then you're addicted. It's your own weakness and stupidity, not other people's pressure. And, yes, i'm calling myself weak and stupid too.

PS: I'm taking a guess here, but i'm pretty sure that most of the people who say they never cheated are either virgins or liars

Last edited by Junkenstein; 08-27-2009 at 01:55 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
PS: I'm taking a guess here, but i'm pretty sure that most of the people who say they never cheated are either virgins or liars

Nope.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
That's a pretty cynical view on relationships. Wa happa?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoKill View Post
That's a pretty cynical view on relationships. Wa happa?
Nothing specific or recent, i've been that way for a bit....

Dont get mad, i know i'm bitter, i'm trying to be more positive but it will take a while.

And sorry Blitzgal, i like you a lot, you're intelligent, polite and nice, It's that once in a while i get trapped in this cynical moods.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Great show as always. It got me to thinking about how the whole tipping thing is just so incredibly stupid. Keith's statement that it's one of the only jobs where you show up for work and wonder how much you will make that day rings true. The flip side of that statement is this: It's one of the only jobs where you (as the customer) have to subsidize the salary of the employee who is serving you.

If the restaurant owners can’t pay their waiters a decent wage, why should I have to fill the gap? Oh, I know the counter-argument: The waiter will endeavor to provide better service so he can get a better tip, so it’s all supposedly win-win. I call bullshit. In a decent world, restaurant owners should hire competent people and pay them a decent wage for the hard work that they do.

The concept of tipping is a scam introduced by cheap-ass restaurant owners who don’t want to pay their employees a decent wage for serving the over-priced crap that they dare call food.

I don’t go out that much but I do tip quite a bit, just because I know the waiter is at the mercy of his asshat boss.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm surprised none of the 38 (so far) cheaters have come forth to tell their story.

I slept with my ex while my girlfriend at the time was out of town. This was some time ago, my girlfriend at the time was the first girl I had ever had sex with. I was still into my ex though, and took the opportunity when it presented itself. She had a boyfriend at the time as well.

I made the mistake of telling one of my friends I worked wit who was always trying to steal girls from me. He promptly told my girlfriend, and I promptly decked him at work, my boss sent him home. I of course denied the whole thing, made up some story, but she didn't quite buy it. She became fairly depressed about it and threatened to kill herself several times. I'm likely not 100% to blame for her state of mind, but the resulting tension for the next 3 years of our relationship was a pain in the ass. I had to stop talking and seeing my ex of course, we didn't talk for 5 years until about 2 years ago when I slept with her again after a break up with a different girlfriend. She's my roommate now.

I have to think it drives her nuts that I'm with the girl I cheated on her with.

Last edited by picard102; 08-27-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

YouTube - Mitchell and Webb - Bad Waiter

Bad waiter
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

WOW micah your so understanding....even though you cheated, atleast you manned up to it
Old 08-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

Waiters Who are Nauseated by Food
Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
Listening now, at the beginning about being a waiter. A few months ago I went with my parents and another couple to eat. It was a brand new place, open just a few weeks, and it was obvious our waitress had never had a waitress job before.

Right after we came in a huge group of maybe 8 or so came in, and the guy in charge of the place was constantly on top of this woman. As a result, we didn't get drinks for quite a while, and our main course came before soup/salads. There were two or three different people coming with these things, so the waitress was completely confused as to what was going on. It really wasn't a big deal, and our food was really, really good.

However, both my parents and the other couple refused to tip. My mom and the other woman went outside, and my dad and the other man were up at the counter paying. While they were all distracted, I took every dollar bill I had in my wallet (which was ALL the money I had in my wallet, maybe $6) and laid them on the table. Here I am, 19 years old, and I'm leaving the tip for a group of grown adults that were taking very mild problems out on a brand new waitress.

Part of me really wished that I had had a pen or KATG stickers or something to leave with it, because frankly I think she has Keith to thank more than me. If I hadn't heard the show before, I wouldn't know how bad being a waiter was, and might not have done this. So, on behalf of that waitress, thanks Keith for showing me the light.
Good on you!

When/if you can, tell your parents off.

Last edited by Cart Horse; 08-28-2009 at 12:12 AM.