Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should we feel bad for the main character in Midnight Express?
Yes; the abuse he received in Turkey was uncalled for. 22 16.30%
No; countries have their laws, and you abide by them. 113 83.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 264 View Post
I could definitely see Patrice as a Stand Up comedian, and I would absolutely pay to see her do it. I mean, it'd obviously be based on celebrities and gossip, but I believe it'd be a masterpiece.
I'd pay just to see her sass people. I love her interactions with Keith, she never fails to crack me up multiple times whenever she's on.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
yes bogus country indeed *cough Berlusconi cough*
Please dont say the name of the Ultra-Demon-Midget, you'll summon him and then underage girls would be raped!

Sigh.

On less tragic issues, Patrice would be an amazing comedian. I dont think she would need gossip based material. Her jokes are funny on her own. Plus the only gossip comedian i can think of is Kathy Griffin, and she's awful... Patrice would kick her scrawny ass...

PS: Death to the Demon-Midget
Old 08-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Heeeeyyy! I live in a bogus country (according to french and german newpapers)!

We welcome rude tourists!
Italy is awesome. Totally non-bogus.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sue your listeners for not donating, including reporters who have covered KaTG in various publications. That should get you some publicity.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catPee View Post
sorry this thread is out of place, it's in response to the awesome Chilli Off KATG-TV ep. which was great - thanks for putting these out!

i noticed there was a copyright thingy at the beginning and i know Chemda likes saying "TM ( teehee)" when she hears a good idea to lock it down. I know you probably know this and are just kidding , but just for your own protection,just writing "copyright" or "TM" on something doesn't mean shit. Not even mailing yourself something works ( this is an old tyme thing that doesn't work anymore ) - you actually have to register with the US Copyright Office or the Patent and Trademark Office. just don't want you to get burned if you think you've protected something when you haven't...

thanks for all your hard work!

catpee
I know you're just trying to help, but probably not a good idea to give advice when you don't know what you're talking about. On trademarks, you are essentially correct that they must be registered if you are going to file a lawsuit, but most trademarks are not registered. Copyright does not have to be registered. It is copyrighted as soon as it is fixed in a tangible form. (and computer memory is considered tangible form (Sschluurp).
Old 08-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Midnight Express sounds kind of like the TV series Locked Up Abroad on the National Geographic channel. I have only seen a few episodes but from what I did see it was basically people getting caught breaking the law, usually smuggling something, and then getting locked up. The show dramatizes the story to make you feel sorry for these people. I say let the fuckers rot. I don't feel sorry for some dumbass who straps on a vest packed with 80 pounds of gold and then gets busted trying to smuggle it across the boarder.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 264 View Post
I could definitely see Patrice as a Stand Up comedian, and I would absolutely pay to see her do it. I mean, it'd obviously be based on celebrities and gossip, but I believe it'd be a masterpiece.
I'll drink to that.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:55 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Letaero View Post
Italy is awesome. Totally non-bogus.
It is a beautiful country with a great history and lots ofpotential, but inhabited by generally lazy, dishonest, loud and annoying people, who make life miserable for the few good ones.

And having Satan as prime minister and a Nazi Pope sucking up our taxes makes things worse.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
It is a beautiful country with a great history and lots ofpotential, but inhabited by generally lazy, dishonest, loud and annoying people, who make life miserable for the few good ones.

And having Satan as prime minister and a Nazi Pope sucking up our taxes makes things worse.
Are you saying that some of your tax dollars go towards the Vatican? I thought that with institutions like the Vatican Bank (etc.,) that they were self-sufficient.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Letaero View Post
Are you saying that some of your tax dollars go towards the Vatican? I thought that with institutions like the Vatican Bank (etc.,) that they were self-sufficient.
A percentage of the tax income goes to the Catholic church. You can choose an alternative institution (like i do), but most of the citizens choose the Catholics. After years of brainwashing, a lot of people dont even know that they could say "fuck off" to the church, especially older people.

Also they have a lot of other less open and sometimes even illegal ways to get money from people. They're not that different from the mob.