Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Matt talks about his girl that cries at him about a (ex?) friend of hers.
He needs to take it as it comes. 43 33.08%
He needs to tell her to deal with it without him. 82 63.08%
He needs to intervene and talk to the friend. 5 3.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Re: Patrice's comment about DJ AM eventually "being in Guitar Hero 14," he's already in the upcoming DJ Hero (by the same company). Apparently he was even "instrumental" in its development: Activision remembers DJ AM's work on DJ Hero

Just a fun fact for slurpin' nerds
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_lobo View Post
If you're calling from your computer, you can use Audacity to record every sound the computer is making, including a phone call done with Skype.
Audacity
Install, open, at the top right there's a drop menu, change it to "stereo mix"
press record, make a skype phone call. Enjoy!
Thanks Dark Lobo =D
Old 09-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

This is the episode of I didn't know I was pregnant That I was talking about she did go to the doctor. Although when she was in labor she went to a chiropractor.

Part 1

Part 2
Old 09-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

Damn, I think I just found my second job for the holidays:

Santa Claus - Official Website - Phone Calls and Letters
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Cole, is this youuuuuu? Be honest now! hmmmmmm?
Well, she has a screen name "Cole", so all Jeremy would have to do is check the ip's that both are posting from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemda&patrice
Girls respond to logic
I had to stop the show I was laughing so hard.

/hopes you were joking.
//still laughing.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

matt, when your girl starts getting emotional about her friend, show her pictures of mass graves in Cambodia, World War II atrocities, burn victims, bloated-belly afro-babies, amputees, and slaughterhouses. It may backfire but it may put things into perspective a lil' bit.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

Girls respond to logic?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Listening to the show now. Aces ten, as always.

When the conversation turned to homelessness in Hawaii, it reminded me of a couple of episodes back when they talked about homelessness in New York, about how people migrate to NYC because the opportunities for homeless people are better there than in many other places (paraphrasing). The same can be said in Hawaii. The weather is about 80 degrees year round, tourists are stupid and leave shit out, and there are a lot of areas in forests for homeless to camp out and not really be noticed until they come to town. Homeless can pick fruit from trees or fish to sustain - they don't have to resort to dumpster diving if they don't want to. Since you can't just come to Hawaii to be homeless, a lot of them are former military who have nowhere else to go now and the government benefits no longer take care of them. I remember one guy on Maui who we called the "Pali walker" because he would walk up and down the Pali highway all day long, going nowhere in particular. Eventually his family on the mainland found him and brought him home - he had amnesia and didn't know where he was. Wouldn't you be homeless in Hawaii if you had to be?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

About the pregnancy thing, I had a friend who got pregnant accidentally, and while she and her boyfriend were still deciding what to do, she woke up in a pool of blood, horrible cramps, vomiting, and fever. She had no health insurance, but her mom worked at planned parenthood and the doctors there told her that she had definitely had a miscarriage and was no longer pregnant.

She took it as providence-they weren't ready to have a baby- and moved on. Except that she was totally still pregnant and she basically had to figure it out on her own, despite what the doctors were telling her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpski View Post
Well, that's what I've been doing for years now and she still can't get up the courage to deal with this girl on her own... I'm getting tired of hearing her moan about it. Mostly cuz it hurts me to see her cry.
If it hurts you to see her cry, why don't you tell her that she's hurting you with her crazy girl bullshit? She probably doesn't realize how much it's affecting you, and although she wants a shoulder to cry on it is possible to tell someone in a loving way "I can't do this anymore, you're breaking my heart, please stop telling me these things." And if your boundaries aren't respected on that front, what happens when you're 2 kids in, and you'd like her to not sleep with the neighbor, or spend money like crazy, or dress the kids all alike despite the fact that it's fucking creepy and emotionally damaging for them? If a person doesn't know how to respect small boundaries, they probably don;t know how to respect big ones either.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor View Post
This is the episode of I didn't know I was pregnant That I was talking about she did go to the doctor. Although when she was in labor she went to a chiropractor.
I was freaking out when she went to the doctor and chiropracter! I was like AUGH!!!

Then when she had the baby in the toilet I cried because I thought it'd drown.

I don't even want kids (for a GOOD few years) and that was hard to watch x___X