Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does the store have a right to kick the hooded Jedi out of the building?
Yes; a store policy is a store policy. Play along or leave. 127 80.38%
No; the man identifies himself as a Jedi, and hood-wearing is his right. 31 19.62%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2009, 03:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
an under-Jedi.
Padawan *slurp
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Ben is such a doll, I love it when he's on.

And RE: Jedi Knight vs. Tesco debate - Anyone claiming to be a "Jedi Knight" has to be a pretentious nerd. Based on this scientific fact, I'm on Tesco's side.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Padawan *slurp
Of course. I apologise for my terminological inexactitude.

I see (from the wiki - yes I was actually arsed to look it up) that the padawan wears the robe, but that there is no evidence of hoodedness. Everything is so unclear and ambiguous, jedi-wise, that I just cannot yet take any side on this important matter.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
I see (from the wiki - yes I was actually arsed to look it up) that the padawan wears the robe, but that there is no evidence of hoodedness. Everything is so unclear and ambiguous, jedi-wise, that I just cannot yet take any side on this important matter.
They dress the same as Jedi Knights and Masters. The only real diffrence is the haircut.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

The chicken comment is likely a joke about chicken fingers. He says right before:

"It takes a strong man to make a tender forecast"

The weatherman responds with "I guess that's me"

I would guess he was making a joke about chicken tenders (aka chicken fingers or chicken strips depending on where you live).

If the weatherman often gave "tender" forecasts he would have to pluck chickens to continue making those "tenders".

Pretty lame pun in general but I do actually hear "fuckin'". If the tender/chicken joke was really what he was going for I think he might have just slipped.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
If the tender/chicken joke was really what he was going for I think he might have just slipped.
I thought it might be "Keep flockin' that chicken" but that'd be as senseless.

On the whole it seems inexplicable but - regardless - I like the look on her face, like baby just made a poopoo.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
The chicken comment is likely a joke about chicken fingers. He says right before:

"It takes a strong man to make a tender forecast"

If the weatherman often gave "tender" forecasts he would have to pluck chickens to continue making those "tenders".

ooooh

"Keep pluckin' those chickens"

that makes sense now. I thought the guy was certifiable when I first heard it, it seemed so random. He may have accidentally said fuckin for pluckin, I can see that happening. I wonder if he gets to keep his pension?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
... "Keep pluckin' those chickens"

that makes sense now. I thought the guy was certifiable when I first heard it, it seemed so random. He may have accidentally said fuckin for pluckin, I can see that happening. ...
Less tenable though when it's not "those chickens" but "that chicken". And there's no question that he refers to only the one chicken. It's simply bizarre. Might one not ask the man himself?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
It was an old slogan for Perdue chicken: It takes a tough man to raise a tender chicken

Or something along those lines. A joke that almost no one except an old guy in broadcasting would even catch.
There is an old story that when that slogan was translated into Spanish it turned into "It takes an aroused man to make a chicken affectionate." It is one of those classic advertising fuck ups. I figured he was somehow referencing that.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

So there's a few ads for Perdue and there was this one:

Which is "It takes a tough man to make a tough man" and there's a later one when they introduced the tenders. So I dunno if my original "tender" and "chicken" link still holds up. I think so in a very limited way.

I find them all creepy in general.