Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: When will Elvis Rico die?
Within one year 29 19.08%
In one to three years 49 32.24%
In three to five years 9 5.92%
After five years 17 11.18%
Never 48 31.58%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #21 (permalink)

I would love to go to Oktoberfest next year. Possibly a KATG meetup?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

See those pics people? Those are german ladies. They live in Germany. Come to the november meetup. You will find lots of them. check out the meet-up thread.

PS: I <3 Lauren. The haunted house story made me laugh, rewind and laugh again.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

I was interested in Keiths comments about Australian rock group AC/DC. AC/DC has actually had 3 lead vocalists during the life of the band. Dave Evans (formerly of an Australian group called "The Velvet Underground") fronted AC/DC from 1973 til 1975 and recorded one of the band's signature songs "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" which enjoyed some domestic chart success before he left the band (I actually think he was dumped) in early 1975, making way for former "Valentines" lead vocalist 'Bon' Scott whose characteristic presence and his 'lock up your daughters' sexuality became a sensation. Following his death in 1980 from choking on his own vomit, Scott was replaced by geordie Brian Johnson who remains AC/DC's longest serving vocalist. Johnsons characteristically gravelly scream became a signature for the band and it went through a pretty annoying transition in the mid 90's where it seemed as though Johnson was struggling with a kind of falsetto scream which sounded fucking awful live. However with the band's 2008 release "Black Ice" Johnson seems to have returned to a more full bodied vocal style which is much more aurally satisfying and makes for a more enjoyable listen.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 10-07-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: correction
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #24 (permalink)

I agree with Keith that Scott and Johnson are not totally different, mostly because they have to sing on similar melodies. But live.... Well i only hears Bon Scott on cd and he sounds like a very powerful singer, I've seen Johnson on stage twice and both times he sounded like Daffy Duck on helium.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Some kids don't respond to guilt trips.
Guilt? I was guilty so that's why I got hit.

Hot wheel tracks bend and pop back on you when spanked. At least that's the technique my mom mastered.

And spankings with a switch (thin tree limb) right out the shower really hurt. But than again I never broke into another locker at the swimming pool did I?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishyoyo View Post
Should Keith and Chemda begin selling a KATG coffin in the store?? I mean if KISS did it why not KATG?
Want. I gots 8 to go.
ALthough I did see a ballet shoe coffin somewhere.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Will View Post
I couldn't agree more with Chemda about good parents being able to assert their authority over their children using non physical means.
A good parent should be respected by their children, and so the act of making the parents disappointed should be enough to keep the children in line.
No one, no less a child, wants to hurt someone that they respect.
I was a good kid when my grandmother raised me, (up until i was about 12) and when I saw the "look" when i did something she didnt like, i would freeze and stop whatever i was doing.

Also, I think just having a close relationship with your younger siblings would be enough to make a child mature quicker. But that really that has nothing to do with hitting your child.
Kids are all different, it's nuts to assume there's one set method that assures you of turning out good kids. Chemda talks about how the look would put her in her place every time but she also talks about how much of a scared, shy little kid she was. A kid like Keith had too much brass and independence of thought to be affected by a look, and even he was scared of silly shit like Jesus.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #28 (permalink)

What's happening? Both Lauren And Newsy have turned nice and all growed up.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

I agree with Keith on the Kiss album, but I like the AiC's album and don't like Pearl Jam's Album.
I worked hounted houses and we had to add video cameras to protect us. I guess a place got sued when they claimed an actor pushed them. The actor claimed he pushed the person after he got punched. I worked the front end so I had to deal with the cast and customer complaints.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

I am uploading a couple videos from the Hofbrau tent. Here's the first one.

Also, there is an Oktoberfest 2010 thread in the meetups section.