Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You should be able to leave your diary out wherever you like.
Yes, Chemda’s right; people need to respect you and your things. 41 22.78%
No, Keith’s right; thou shalt not lead into temptation. Just keep it out the way. 139 77.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1057: For My Eyes Only

"You were gonna watch us having sex. It was kinda kinky, kind of interesting."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Didn't Keith and Chemda go to Mohican Sun with Not Gay Bobby and his former lady?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It wasn't that trip. If it was with those two I would have bragged being in the room with three broads.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Regarding when people applaud at the end of movies, in my experience people have only clapped after a bad movie. One of the few times I remember was when I saw Snakes on a Plane in LA and people cheered and clapped - I guessed because the pain was finally over? If they were indeed applauding because they thought that was a good movie I would have been happy for the whole theatre to be gassed. Yes I'd make that sacrifice for the good of humanity.

Sidenote: I hate when people cheer and clap whenever a plane lands that you're on. It seems silly and unnecessary, are people really thinking 'That was close, I thought we were going to crash and burn for a second there. Let's celebrate'
Old 10-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
Regarding when people applaud at the end of movies, in my experience people have only clapped after a bad movie. One of the few times I remember was when I saw Snakes on a Plane in LA and people cheered and clapped - I guessed because the pain was finally over? If they were indeed applauding because they thought that was a good movie I would have been happy for the whole theatre to be gassed. Yes I'd make that sacrifice for the good of humanity.

Sidenote: I hate when people cheer and clap whenever a plane lands that you're on. It seems silly and unnecessary, are people really thinking 'That was close, I thought we were going to crash and burn for a second there. Let's celebrate'
People clap in cinemas? WTF that is just weird I never had that happen.

I hate the clapping in airplanes but in my experience that only happens in vacation flights so I'm gonna be a terrible snob and claim that only hillbillies that never get to fly do it

I loved listening to this show on the /chat yesterday! Its always fun to see the faces but watching Keith and Chemda during faceboys obscenity bit was amazing and had me giggle like a crazy person.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

I sort of clap quietly to myself when I like stuff in general and that ends up extending to movies, but that's probably just me being an oddball. Most of the clapping I've seen in theaters are at midnight first showings of movies with communal fan bases where everybody in the theater is a fan and the clapping is just a way of sharing in each others enjoyment of the movie. (I remember at Dark Knight the whole theater was applauding when the movie started and when it was done and on the flipside at the end of X-Men 3, people were booing)
Old 10-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post

I hate the clapping in airplanes but in my experience that only happens in vacation flights so I'm gonna be a terrible snob and claim that only hillbillies that never get to fly do it

I loved listening to this show on the /chat yesterday! Its always fun to see the faces but watching Keith and Chemda during faceboys obscenity bit was amazing and had me giggle like a crazy person.
People clapped on my flight from Frankfurt to JFK.

The pilot did make a really nice landing in heavy turbulence though.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Clapping on a plane is a guido tradition. I feel heartbroken everytime it happens.

But at the end of a movie, it's ridculous. It's not a concert jizzbag who are you clapping for?

I'd understand the applause for Snake On a Plane cause that movie must be seen drunk, high and with a bunch of noisy ethnic friends that holler a lot. The applause is part of the game.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I think it's an American thing, I've only ever experienced it there. Thankfully the tradition hasn't travelled transatlantically yet - one can only hope it continues this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I'd understand the applause for Snake On a Plane cause that movie must be seen drunk, high and with a bunch of noisy ethnic friends that holler a lot. The applause is part of the game.
1.My friends and I saw this movie sober in the middle of the afternoon - our first mistake.
2.Not leaving when we realised what a shitfest it was - our second mistake.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
I think it's an American thing, I've only ever experienced it there. Thankfully the tradition hasn't travelled transatlantically yet - one can only hope it continues this way.
It happened two times in London (Basterds and Dark Knigh IMAX).

With all three of the LOTR movies in Italy (Nerds are EVERYWHERE!)

And at the Turin Film Festival with every movie in Fulci retrospective (but i guess that in that case, it was out of respect)