Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Keith and Chemda's dad were hanging out, sharing scotch, laughing and joking.
Her dad genuinely enjoyed Keith's company. 82 39.61%
Her dad hates Keith. He was pretending. 125 60.39%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The Saudi Arabian Schpeel

Here's a link to the video

YouTube - ‫أ*مر بالخط العريض ـ شقة مازن عبدالجواد في جده‬‎

I saw the video and what they're saying is basically what keith described.

If this was shown in somewhere much less conservative, the guy comes of more as a 'player' rather than an 'infidel'... But I agree that it's a bit over the top for Saudi Arabia.

I'm not gonna delve much deeper into the cultural differences, but if it was up to Keith's Justice, he'd die for sheer stupidity.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

At least in Texas, we don't call it soda, soda water, or seltzer when talking about just the soda. We call it club soda. However, those retards should have gotten the idea from "soda."
Old 10-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Damn Keith, sorry about the two faced father-in-seriouso. That was hard to listen to. I hope you didn't feel as bad as I felt for you. Chemda's words and stories were tough too. I feel real hate for the man and I've never met him. I guess it's proof that believing in god even a little bit is enough to make a man into a horrible person.
I hope if you ever see him again that you're able to get some passive aggressive jokes of your own in.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodI View Post
I get your point completely. (yes that's right on this forums it is possible to agree with someone and acknowledge it). On a personal side I think I'm abrasive to those adults that boo-hoo over their childhood. Once a person is over 30 I think its up to them to get over it.

I agree with the religious aspect. I think the more religious the household the more bitter the adult. Since God wasn't forced upon me and my parents didn't baby me and had expectations I turned out to be a reasonably well balanced adult. So thanks DAD for making me fix the roof drunk and thanks MOM for beating me with the hot wheels track. I deserved it all.
LOL! Yeah man the more I talk to people the more I think I was lucky as fuck. I don't have all these issues with my parents. I don't fuck with a lot of my "non-immediate" family so I guess you could say I have issues there.

When I hear some of the shit that goes on with Keith and Chemda's families I just sort of shudder. They seem to be over it but they are open to discussing it and that's really a breathe of fresh air. Most people just don't bother talking about it after it's been so long.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyMcDougal View Post
At least in Texas, we don't call it soda, soda water, or seltzer when talking about just the soda. We call it club soda. However, those retards should have gotten the idea from "soda."
Same in Canada. I would have had no idea seltzer or soda water was. I thought they were different from club somehow.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Same in Canada. I would have had no idea seltzer or soda water was. I thought they were different from club somehow.
It's most commonly club soda here too, but I would know what they were talking about if they said any of the other ones. I guess that's cos we're in the middle, we get all the dumb dialects.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

I felt bad for Chemda that her dad hates her, but a lot of us were raised by people who'd rather see us dead than actually related to them.

I guess I'll never understand her middle-eastern plight, but it seems like there's an easier way to go. Then again, I'm not in that kind of family. We're all just barely connected by drama and debt. All I have to do is avoid drama and debt, and I never have to see any of those people again if I don't want to.

Both my mother and grandmother consider marriage to be the first/last/only worth a woman can have. If I thought that too, I'd be pretty fucked up when they made comments about my choice to remain unmarried (to the ripe old age of 24, I know I might as well be dead). But because I'm firm in my belief that it does no good for me, I don't need to think about their weird hang ups. It helps that both of them are unmarried, and were miserable when they were married-it really illustrates the ridiculousness of their priorities.

For my family, I just decide what I'm there for. Usually I'm there to drive my grandma around and do what she wants to do, because she's the only one I actually like. So if they piss me off, I just tell myself that I'm the driver. It doesn't matter what they say because I'm just here to drive, and make sure Grandma's safe. Beyond that, I have no opinion and no input to offer them, they're crazy, ignorant, mean dick-heads.

I'm sure that Chemda doesn't need input from me, but the whole time she was talking about her Dad, and sounding so hurt that he doesn't approve, I was just thinking about how they never fucking approve--that's the whole point.

Parents either approve or they don't. And if they approve of you, they'll probably approve of you and support you in anything you do. But if they don't approve of you, nothing you'll ever do will make them happy or interested in your life. And fuck them anyway. Don't waste any time or energy on them. There's so much else out there to care about.

Parents are mostly harmful, rarely helpful, stupid old dick-bags. I like to think of it as my duty as a child to take any good-thing they taught and/or gave me and get as far away as possible, because they're only going to get worse. Nobody changes, they just become more and more like themselves.

ADDENDUM: I just re-read this and it's very negative. Oh well. Bad parents don't deserve accolades.

Last edited by marina; 10-14-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

I have the hardest time explaining what spritzers are in the states, good to know that club soda is under the sprite.

Work hosted a funeral reception and there were many people there in the arm cut offs shirts.

Wedding, why not.

Last edited by Rhian; 10-14-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Parents either approve or they don't. And if they approve of you, they'll probably approve of you and support you in anything you do. But if they don't approve of you, nothing you'll ever do will make them happy or interested in your life. And fuck them anyway. Don't waste any time or energy on them. There's so much else out there to care about.
I wouldn't cast all parents that way. It is, though, a cultural thing.

Hopefully parents accept, and when they are unhappy with one's choice, they are so with the intent that they desire their child's well-being and happiness.

When a loved one does something one sees as hurting, then one reacts, responds.

As with spouses, you sometimes don't agree, but unlike a spouse who one loves and whose decisions have a direct impact on one's life, a child grows and moves away. Distance mitigates the impact, but not the pain. The bond is still there, the love, the desire to evoke their happiness, but the child steers their own lives, and their decisions, as with many human decisions, may not ring right. A loved one can only sit back and advise, lend support, offer further unconditional love.

This is not my house. This is our house. It will always be. That bed is yours, waiting, come the night you need it. And I, with your grace, will lie next to you, hold your hand, and love you as I have always loved you.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 10-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

[QUOTE=marina;615391

Parents either approve or they don't. And if they approve of you, they'll probably approve of you and support you in anything you do. But if they don't approve of you, nothing you'll ever do will make them happy or interested in your life.

[/QUOTE]

This put it in the best perspective yet, for me. My mom is an approving parent (dad not in the picture, if that makes a difference), and she has told me my whole life that I can't do anything to make her love me any less. I could bring home a transsexual differentracial whateverthefuck, and she would find that person's good points and accept them as my mate and treat them like family. I couldn't understand the other side until you said that. It really makes sense. I'm not trying to brag, as I'm sure others aren't trying to whine, I don't want it to sound that way, FTR.