Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you and your parents have a great relationship?
Yes 99 49.50%
No 101 50.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Mann View Post
Love yesterday's and today's show. My parents are Korean and so I can only assume that is worse than having Jew parents. My Fajah believes he's doing me a favor and showing his concern when he calls me a major fuckin fuck-up(*sounds better in Korean) and my Mom agrees. High 5!
Apparently all of your parents did you wrong... They never taught you any manners.

FUUUCKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! And welcome to the forums!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I voted yes because I get along great with my parents, tell them most everything that happens in my life as they tell me. We live next door to each other but that key is in the same place it was when I moved out almost 3 years ago. They are even embarrassed to come to my place and prefer it if we socialize at their home.
No major fights, no major drama, just some personality clashes that getting out of my teen years solved for the most part. The thing is, they are my parents, not my best friends, so they don't have to know that when I "turn in early" I'm actually having sex or they may get to know that I arrived home at 5am but they don't need to know I arrived drunk.
I also don't swear near them or drink too much... but that's just my respect towards them.

There is no need to shock my family. Well, not my parents, at least. The rest of the family can go fuck themselves.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
I have a good relationship with them now...
This is exactly where I am with my parents. My mom didn't understand us when we were kids, even though she had me at 16 so she should really have been able to relate.

There are really too many ways to enumerate how my parental situation fucked me up. We get along fairly well NOW when my mom is sober. I can't tolerate her otherwise.

I like my stepdad--they've been together for almost 25 years so he's all I've known.

However they didn't teach me a lot of essential life skills (probably because they didn't have them either) and left me emotionally closed off from nearly everyone. And NOW my mom is after me to give her grandkids - when her mindfucking my childhood is half the reason I'm single and always have been.

But on the surface we have a good relationship. I still definitely voted NO. I got sick of kidding myself a while back.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #54 (permalink)

More tidbits about my relationship with my mom: was in a car with her for 8 hours both Saturday and today and we listened to some KATG beginnings episodes (at HER request--she has only heard the show a few times in the past but she was tired of listening to music so she wanted to hear some KATG). We heard the bit about Keith working at the nursing home, and my mom said she was going to remember to yell POWDER MY BREASTS when she gets old. I apologize to everyone in the future for contributing to the problem.

Good news: my mom is the kind of person I can listen to the show with
Bad news: she had learned an awful thing