Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Someone has an extra ticket to an event for you.
They should tell you right up front if they expect you to pay for it. 170 94.97%
Maybe you pay, maybe you don’t. What’s the big deal? 9 5.03%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1065: You Said It

"Peace, love and Keith and The Girl."

Hell and Heartaches

kyyyyyyle (Kyle Thompson) | MySpace

ELVISRICO - Home
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

if its an extra ticket then it would be nice for the receiving person to pay (and they should offer) but its not always a big deal. were going to have a good time either way. extra tickets should follow the same rules as tipping.. kinda an unwritten rule.

if someone says they will go and bails at the last minute after you bought a ticket for them then they should be expected to pay.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I often have extra free tickets to things, and I sometimes forget to be clear with people. I don't mind at all when friends just ask, so hey, how much is the ticket? I know I'd hate to have to pay for something I thought was free, because I am really, really cheap.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I didn't hear the episode yet but this situation seems pretty cut and dry. If you're the recipient then be the fuck nice and offer to pay right up front. If you're the offerer and you need to get paid for it then make it clear, "I have this extra ticket and I'm out of pocket, do you want to buy it and come along too?"

How hard can it be? It's a fucking ticket, it's not negotiating hostage release conditions or nuclear disarmament treaties.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Winehouse's dad does sound like the next Jessica Simpson's dad, but his theory of "heroin houses" isn't a new one. The biggest example was the nation-wide experiment with prescription packages of heroin in Switzerland, which seemed to have positive results, according to their findings.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Absolutely - Dance fucks ya up, so for SYTYCD as it gets harder to the core, they are supposed to take Sundays off but alot don't and spend that time to work on the solos.

Lyrical dance is a touchy subject for me, I love lyrical but done right.

Forget the seizures, at comps now it's all too common for 11 year olds to dance like they lost the love of their lives. Make it appropriate, and show me what you can do not what you can't.

Just sayin' as a former pro dancer who adjudicated.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

im not takin the money from kyle.. we all had a good time at the show...and i mentioned the 20 bucks cause as far as i knew he was planning on getting his own ticket and at the last minute a person who wanted one of mine had to cancel

20 bucks was less than they cost with all the fees, and i dont know how much more clear i need to be than as i am on the phone with him i say its 20 bucks it wasnt the whole -- i slipped it in at the end of the conversation..and also when kyle was somewhat hesitant about paying it i was like its cool dont worry just get here as fast as you can i dont want to see it go to waste cause i knew he wanted to go

but yeah if someone offers me an extra ticket to something i almost insist about giving them something

btw-- im not a teacher anymore

i hope keiths disgust with me mentioning the cost of my extra ticket doesnt stem from me not inviting him-- to be fair to me he wouldve hated it

and anyone who knows me, knows im extremely gracious and over clear about these types of social situations
Old 10-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

BTW if you read my last post you owe me 20 bucks
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

"If he can take a dick, he can take a joke".. hahaha, Elvis is the man.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
"If he can take a dick, he can take a joke".. hahaha, Elvis is the man.
Enjoyed Elvis's little snippet. should be his next Tatt...