Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is David Spade a bad person for being in the commercial with a dead Chris Farley?
Yes; leave your supposed best friend out of your bullshit. 100 64.10%
Nah; it’s all good. He knows what Farley would have wanted. 56 35.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Freebirds World Burritos did a free taco Tuesday here recently. Nothing happened except, well, people got free yummy tacos.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

This isn't the first time Direct TV has used a real dead person in one of their movie commercials. A couple of years ago they did a Poltergeist one. The young girl in the commercial/movie died at the age of twelve. Got them in a bit of trouble.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik View Post

The bad thing about using all the sanitizers and anti-bacterial soaps and cleansers is that we are just killing out the germs that are susceptible to those agents leaving the hardier, resistant germs to breed out of control. Simple evolution. In 20 years these sanitizers won't have any effect and mutant germs will rape you all day.
I have hear this many times before but it doesn't make any sense to me. When you use sanitizers, you are not killing out ALL the germs that are susceptible to those agents. You just killing out those germs that are on your hands. The rest of the germs on the rest of your body and the rest of the world are still out there fighting against those allegedly mutant germs.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik View Post
In 20 years these sanitizers won't have any effect and mutant germs will rape you all day.
If I'm going to get raped by a mutant germ, I don't want no fuckin hand-sanitizer... lots and lots of soothing aloe lube.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Mutant Germs - cool name for a minor leauge baseball team.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
I have hear this many times before but it doesn't make any sense to me. When you use sanitizers, you are not killing out ALL the germs that are susceptible to those agents. You just killing out those germs that are on your hands. The rest of the germs on the rest of your body and the rest of the world are still out there fighting against those allegedly mutant germs.
You are correct. I think Daemonik might be thinking of antibiotics and their overuse, which leads to tougher strains of viruses to fight (and which are easier to transmit via airborne routes, rather than just germs on the hands.)
Old 10-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

wow that traffic/train report blows my mind, I would never leave the house either. here's the central Pennsylvania traffic report on my ride to work:
leave house, drive 2 miles on road big enough for 1 1/2 cars and hope you don't pass the school bus coming the other way, watch for the neighbors chickens, watch for deer who like to run out in front of you, make it to the "big highway" which is big enough for 2 cars. Make sure you stay between the yellow and the white line, drive forever, still watching for chickens, deer, turkey's, pheasants, and bears, then arrive at work... On the way home, repeat except now it's dark and you can't see the creatures as well!

"It's never too late to become the
person you might have been."
- George Elliot
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't get the whole hand sanitizer issue - they are virtually non existant in Germany and we for sure do not have more illness here than you have in the US.

I am too lazy right now to google any evidence but just from my gut feeling I would assume that killing the "easy" bacteria with sanitizers and therefore allowing the resistant ones to grow and spread can not be a good thing.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefAndCheeseCurl View Post
Regarding Keith congratulating the wrong Khalili:
I attended a wedding a number of years ago with similar comedy. As the mic was being passed at the reception, the new bride was referred to by another name three times. The other name was the groom’s previous wife, who had died of cancer. In each case, the mistake was realized in a second. The following silences and winces were deafening and delicious.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkk you and welcome to the forums
Old 10-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

T'anks