Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you want to be 15 again with the knowledge you now possess?
Yes; I’d rule my world. I’d have such a great life. 157 72.69%
No; it wouldn’t help me, or: It's not worth the risk/giving up “Now.” 59 27.31%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Are you thick skinned Bob? Besides the internet i mean.
It's pretty hard to get me to care about what somebody says, so yes. But I'm also not a prick to nice people.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sing it Brother Bob! This is one of my favorite episodes in a long time! Jesse's next cd should be him talking over McNally's bitching. He shouldn't plan it out first, just go for it like he did on the show. It was hilarious. I also hope we hear from Keith Alberstadt again, he was great!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
It's pretty hard to get me to care about what somebody says, so yes. But I'm also not a prick to nice people.
Fair enough. But see, you are a person that enjoys picking fights on the forums but you're often aggressive on the forums, you have no problem hurting other people's feelings and you turn a lot of arguments into vitriol.

Dont get me wrong, i like that. But your own attitude (that somwhow is and has always been not much different than McNally's) is exactly what you have described as "callous". So i think you should take in consideration that you're basically doing exactly what you're accusing him of.

Also, appparently people havent listened what he said in the show. He said dont judge others if you're not in the position of doing so. He's talented, intelligent and way more sensitive than 99% of the posters here. Whenever some sad person over here call him a douche, berates his opinions, doesnt have a constructive counterpoint, loves to insult Ayn without a reason or a context (right Huggie?), says that his podcast are shit and they wouldnt know even how to record half a show, say that he's whiny or whatever... Well he's absolutely in the right to shout at each and everyone of you, because you're all pussies who wouldnt know how to have a decent argument in real life, and hide proudly behind your fake names while you spit at him.

Keith and Chemda are the only ones who have any right to criticize him. The rest of you should shut your mouth. If your only proof of existence is a screen name than you have no right to argue.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiethestrange View Post
McNally + Jesse Joyce Bum Man/Banana Republic Guy = pee in my pants
For me, unfortunatelly, that was a bit more than a metaphor. I was cleaning up my kitchen after lunch and I laughed so hard and tried so hard not to kill myself while washing a knife, I swear a little drop came out. Damn you Jesse Joyce!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Fair enough. But see, you are a person that enjoys picking fights on the forums but you're often aggressive on the forums, you have no problem hurting other people's feelings and you turn a lot of arguments into vitriol.

Dont get me wrong, i like that. But your own attitude (that somwhow is and has always been not much different than McNally's) is exactly what you have described as "callous". So i think you should take in consideration that you're basically doing exactly what you're accusing him of.
Yes, of course.

And can you find an instance where I get drunkenly pissed about something somebody said on the internet? Heck no.

I'm accusing him of being contradictory, and you're saying I have one piece of two contradictory things. Yes, I do. The problem is having both.
Quote:
Also, appparently people havent listened what he said in the show. He said dont judge others if you're not in the position of doing so. He's talented, intelligent and way more sensitive than 99% of the posters here.
His point isn't about talent, intelligence, or sensitivity. His point is about people's behavior, and he is not very well behaved. In fact, his behavior was one of Keith and Chemda's chief complaints about him, as far as I could gather.
Quote:
Whenever some sad person over here call him a douche, berates his opinions, doesnt have a constructive counterpoint, loves to insult Ayn without a reason or a context (right Huggie?), says that his podcast are shit and they wouldnt know even how to record half a show,
Did McNally build New York? Could he? No and no. He feels like he can judge New York simply because he lived in it, and, similarly, I feel like I can judge his podcast simply because I heard it. If I stand on a bridge that collapses, but I don't know how to build bridges, do I have any indication that the bridge was built poorly?
Quote:
say that he's whiny or whatever... Well he's absolutely in the right to shout at each and everyone of you, because you're all pussies who wouldnt know how to have a decent argument in real life, and hide proudly behind your fake names while you spit at him.

Keith and Chemda are the only ones who have any right to criticize him. The rest of you should shut your mouth. If your only proof of existence is a screen name than you have no right to argue.
He was also (and I would say primarily) yelling at somebody who complained about the audio quality of his podcast. He's not yelling, "Don't judge me, you don't know me," he's saying, "Don't judge my podcast because you should value my emotions so much that you can get over my admittedly crappy audio, and if you don't FUCK YOU."

It's funny, by the way, how you say not to judge someone if you don't know shit about them, but you know less about 99% of the KATG forum people than we do about McNally.

By the way, Junkenstein, the second half of your post seems targeted at me, but you seem reluctant to actually point it at me. Is this the case? If so, please, by all means, say so. Am I a pussy who couldn't argue for shit in real life? If so, say so. And you know what? I'm not going to grab a mic and tell you to fuck off. And when I'm drunk, I'll say that you're a pretty cool poster, just like I would sober.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 10-28-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

No, Bob, i just took your post to make a general point. You're a good debater and i knew you would take this issue somewhere instead of simply posting something in the lines of "Yeah, fuck you McNally! You're a fag!". The pussy comment was more pointed at the whole bunch of people who have done and will do that.

Anyways, i think that McNally did an awesome job with his show. He said out loud stuff that a lot of people probably have in their guts but wouldnt normally say out loud. I think he comes out as a douche where he's simply a raw person who isnt afraid to put out negative comments as much as positive ones.

The whole point of his show wasnt directed at people who criticized him in general. I think that he's the first to accept a discussion if done in a reasonable and argumented manner. I think his anger was directed more towards the one line posters who pepper the forums and love to spit hate with vulgarity on the side. Those are the same people that send hate mail to Keith and then whine if he answers back.

His behaviour might be unnerving (but i dont see how that concerns people who dont live or have to deal with him everyday), his points might be off sometimes but he soesnt hide after talking. What i dont get and frankly i quite despise are the billion of sacrastic people who love to shit on him, or other guests and then hide in anonymity. That thread about the "favourite guest" was full of those people.

Again, Bob, i just replied to you because i think you're in tellligent enough to counterpoint in an argument. Nothing personal, i respect you a lot, really.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
No, Bob, i just took your post to make a general point. You're a good debater and i knew you would take this issue somewhere instead of simply posting something in the lines of "Yeah, fuck you McNally! You're a fag!". The pussy comment was more pointed at the whole bunch of people who have done and will do that.
Alrighty. Just seeing if you weren't saying something.
Quote:
Anyways, i think that McNally did an awesome job with his show. He said out loud stuff that a lot of people probably have in their guts but wouldnt normally say out loud. I think he comes out as a douche where he's simply a raw person who isnt afraid to put out negative comments as much as positive ones.
Perhaps many people have that in their guts. But many people don't act like McNally, either. I'm not saying his sentiment is wrong outright, but that he is the wrong person to have it. If a kind person complained about assholes on the internet, that's understandable.
Quote:
The whole point of his show wasnt directed at people who criticized him in general. I think that he's the first to accept a discussion if done in a reasonable and argumented manner. I think his anger was directed more towards the one line posters who pepper the forums and love to spit hate with vulgarity on the side. Those are the same people that send hate mail to Keith and then whine if he answers back.
Sure, I hear that. But he wasn't just angry, he was upset by those posts, and I think that's a key difference. I'll absolutely invest a bit of anger into an internet discussion, but the sort I enjoy. A lively, spirited anger is one thing, bitter and dejected anger is another entirely. These internet emotion snipers actually upset him, which is what I find so odd.
Quote:
His behaviour might be unnerving (but i dont see how that concerns people who dont live or have to deal with him everyday), his points might be off sometimes but he soesnt hide after talking. What i dont get and frankly i quite despise are the billion of sacrastic people who love to shit on him, or other guests and then hide in anonymity. That thread about the "favourite guest" was full of those people.
Sure, the people who dash in and out of boards without much regard for anyone aren't worth much. But contrasting how much meaningless comments affected him against his behavior makes his attitude questionable.

McNally's behavior affects me in that he was a fucking asshole to somebody who provides me with a great show without asking anything from me and sounds like a great person.

And let's not think I've been anti-McNally for some time. I used to like him... before he lived in New York. He wrote in and recorded some funny stuff for the show and that was it. I even liked him after he apologized to Chemda for being a prick. But hearing him have a bunch of feelings about internet talk when I heard him be a jerk to someone's face rubs me the absolute wrong way.
Quote:
Again, Bob, i just replied to you because i think you're in tellligent enough to counterpoint in an argument. Nothing personal, i respect you a lot, really.
Cool.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Chemda panics..

Isn't it interesting that Chemda gets so frustrated by Lauren's inability to show she's in pain to the doctors yet when Keith says that Chemda choking Lauren is too much "Lauren will let me know to stop!" is Chemda's response..
Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #19 (permalink)

See i think that we diverge mainly on the point that i never thought that McNally is an asshole. I actually find him an intelligent, black humored and very cool person. And i made this opinion by his appearances on the show. All the stuff that unnerved people, like his rants about New York, his harshness in judging others, his reaction in social situations... It was human and likeable to me.

I never got why people who are simple listeners acted so angry and holier than thou towards him, because i guess anyone had moments like those. Everyone had a percentage of McNally inside but everyone felt like they were better than him and enjoyed bashing on him.

Spooky is way more hard to decipher for instance but people seem to allow him to be an asshole and get away with it much more than they did with McNally. And i love spooky, dont get me wrong.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
See i think that we diverge mainly on the point that i never thought that McNally is an asshole.
Not even after that show where his beef with Chemda came to a head? Because, if so, we're totally not seeing eye to eye.