Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you want to be 15 again with the knowledge you now possess?
Yes; I’d rule my world. I’d have such a great life. 157 72.69%
No; it wouldn’t help me, or: It's not worth the risk/giving up “Now.” 59 27.31%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Not even after that show where his beef with Chemda came to a head? Because, if so, we're totally not seeing eye to eye.
I could disagree with his attitude and his point of view but that's not enough to judge him as a person. He was wrong in that argument, i agree. But i've been a worse person in more occasions, so who am i to judge?

And moreso, if Chemda got over it, why should anyone mind that. It's their business, not mine.

I sont get people who hold grudges against a person they never met because he was rude (and he didnt pull a Nick Starr on her, he was just insensitive) to another person they never met. I like Chemda, sometimes even more than i like Keith, but i guess she would be the first one to be embarassed if people from the forums started a hate crusade in her name against somebody.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #22 (permalink)

For a change of subject, Keith Alberstadt is hilarious. His CD "One Night Stand" is a riot too, get it.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

Younger and Smarter

Loved the crime a small town joke. I gotta re-Tweet that.

I hope the research from that European Journal of Operational Research is true because my lady is 10 years younger and makes more money than I do. And true there are days it bothers me that I will make a Smurf reference and she doesn't get it but most of the time it's good stuff. Some days I wish she was ugly too but with my shit luck people tell her she looks like Megan Fox.

I have plans to break her ankles so she doesn't run away.

Love the show.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

I don't think it's accurate to say I'm starting a hate crusade because McNally was a jerk to Chemda. I'm hating on him because he's a pussy and a jerk, and it's utter arrogance to be both. Like I said, I fine with him after that argument show... but now I'm not. Not because he was a jerk, but because he wants to be a jerk and not have people truthfully tell him his audio sucks. And let me emphasize that part: he essentially admits that the poster with the windy comment was right, but he was pissed he wasn't congratulated for being open with the internet. He wants everybody to value his feelings, but he's not afraid to shit where people eat.

I feel like one thing is uniform about how McNally approaches things: as long as he is open and honest, everything he does should be okay. But the truth is that being open and honest generally includes some sort of crappiness, and not being willing to cover up that crappiness or accept that crappiness from other people is just unreasonable.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
One rule I have about people is if you're going to be emotionally frail, you'd better be fuckin' nice to people. If you're going to be callous and cavalier with your potentially hurtful words, you should be very thick-skinned. McNally has crossed this line by being a whiner who has his paper thin emotional stability completely destroyed by posts on a message board AND he's a bitter and angry jerk without regard for people's feelings.
You have a point here, Bob. I've never really butted heads with anybody in my adult life until I moved to New York. Usually I have an easy time getting along with people. The KATG social world turned out to be different than my pre-KATG life -- Suddenly everything I did or said was under much more scrutiny, and I didn't adapt to that very well.

The way Keith would tease Chemda, I tried to tease Chemda, but I was way too heavy handed about it. There were also some bad feelings behind it that I didn't initially realize were there. It's taken me a long time to sort out where those came from, because they really weren't justified, and I was surprised at myself for developing them: Resentment of New York, Chemda/Rellek jealousy, extremely different energy levels and different senses of life between me and Chemda. Living right down the street made us see each other more often than I saw most people in New York, which caused friction to build up more quickly. I'm not saying any of this is okay, I'm just trying to explain.

If you go back and listen to the aftershow where we argued, Chemda left the room after the main show, and I didn't understand why. You can hear me ask where she went. I was so oblivious that I didn't even know she was upset.

I don't know quite what my point is. I guess that I don't think I'm a particularly terrible person, but in this case I was incredibly unthoughtful and basically dumb. Once it came to light I tried my best to make things better. As another example, I've been thinking all night about this "time McNally shit on Chemda on the forums" that Keith has mentioned a couple of times, and I really can't remember what I said. It's pretty weird to be criticized for something and have no idea what that thing actually is. Sometimes I get those blinders on, so I definitely take their word for it. But it's hard to make up for things when you don't remember what they are. So, clearly I have to learn to be more careful about what I say, because it means more to other people than it does to me. Which, like you mentioned, is exactly what I was complaining about in that show, which makes it sound like I'm trying to have it both ways.

I tried to acknowledge the contradictions in that show. Jesse's commentary was super awesome, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you hear the full show as it was original put together. But if you're not into it, that's cool. A lot of times doing those shows helps me solidify my own opinions, and I think this one will help me be less upset about outside opinions in the future. It helped me realize that I do already have a pretty sizable number of people who like what I do, and that I should focus on them, instead of trying to get everybody on my side.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Keith Alberstadt in Columbia, MO? Any midwest fans wanna rally?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think it's accurate to say I'm starting a hate crusade because McNally was a jerk to Chemda. I'm hating on him because he's a pussy and a jerk, and it's utter arrogance to be both. Like I said, I fine with him after that argument show... but now I'm not. Not because he was a jerk, but because he wants to be a jerk and not have people truthfully tell him his audio sucks. And let me emphasize that part: he essentially admits that the poster with the windy comment was right, but he was pissed he wasn't congratulated for being open with the internet. He wants everybody to value his feelings, but he's not afraid to shit where people eat.
You're not starting the crusade but many people who openly despise the guy either did it because of his arguments about New York (that i repeat, are not much more controversial than a lot of the stuff Spooky, MattB or even Keith said in the past), the recession or because he argued with Chemda.

Whenever he made his points he argumented them on the forums, explained them pretty clearly and gave his reasons. Some people sisnt even listen, they kept on bashing him, just because he said something controversial and he's an angry guy who doesnt back off from his opinions.

I'm the first to admit that he may sound douchy, unlikeable or arrogant and i perfectly understand your reasons. After all not everyone rubs people the good way. But you're explaining your point of view.

Most people here hated on McNally and will keep on hating on him because he hets mad and that's what they want. Because he's himself even if that means sounding like an overcritical douche.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

Jesse Joyce was hilarious when he was commenting during the McNally's thing.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
The way Keith would tease Chemda, I tried to tease Chemda, but I was way too heavy handed about it. There were also some bad feelings behind it that I didn't initially realize were there. It's taken me a long time to sort out where those came from, because they really weren't justified, and I was surprised at myself for developing them: Resentment of New York, Chemda/Rellek jealousy, extremely different energy levels and different senses of life between me and Chemda. Living right down the street made us see each other more often than I saw most people in New York, which caused friction to build up more quickly. I'm not saying any of this is okay, I'm just trying to explain.
I got as upset as many people on the forums over your resentments towards Chemda, but it's very grown up of you not only to understand and aknowledge your own feelings but also to own up to them and expose them.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
You have a point here, Bob. I've never really butted heads with anybody in my adult life until I moved to New York. Usually I have an easy time getting along with people. The KATG social world turned out to be different than my pre-KATG life -- Suddenly everything I did or said was under much more scrutiny, and I didn't adapt to that very well.

If you go back and listen to the aftershow where we argued, Chemda left the room after the main show, and I didn't understand why. You can hear me ask where she went. I was so oblivious that I didn't even know she was upset.

I don't know quite what my point is. I guess that I don't think I'm a particularly terrible person, but in this case I was incredibly unthoughtful and basically dumb. Once it came to light I tried my best to make things better. As another example, I've been thinking all night about this "time McNally shit on Chemda on the forums" that Keith has mentioned a couple of times, and I really can't remember what I said. It's pretty weird to be criticized for something and have no idea what that thing actually is. Sometimes I get those blinders on, so I definitely take their word for it. But it's hard to make up for things when you don't remember what they are. So, clearly I have to learn to be more careful about what I say, because it means more to other people than it does to me. Which, like you mentioned, is exactly what I was complaining about in that show, which makes it sound like I'm trying to have it both ways.

I tried to acknowledge the contradictions in that show. Jesse's commentary was super awesome, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you hear the full show as it was original put together. But if you're not into it, that's cool. A lot of times doing those shows helps me solidify my own opinions, and I think this one will help me be less upset about outside opinions in the future. It helped me realize that I do already have a pretty sizable number of people who like what I do, and that I should focus on them, instead of trying to get everybody on my side.
I think it does matter somewhat if the reaction elicited by certain behavior was not anticipated, and I know you have earlier said that you have tried to change how you act, as you have reiterated here, and I will certainly say that it is possible that you have completely resolved the hypocrisy I am detecting by making your occasional crappiness a dated thing. It is also possible you are entirely different not in New York, and not in the KATG environment. As far as those go, I don't know. But I do know how things appear to a listener of KATG, and I have stated as much.

I understand the complexity behind how you act, and to a great degree I can relate, so I respect you more because of those reasons, but that doesn't make the contradiction non-existent. Neither does acknowledging its existence. So the problem, in my opinion, remains. But you seem to be saying that you know as much, and are trying to resolve it. That also counts for something, I suppose.

I think you're on the right track saying you should stop trying to get everybody on your side. As Junkenstein said, you are being yourself, and the truth is some people just aren't going to like you, no matter how honest you are, and it's unreasonable to expect those people to come along for the ride with you or appreciate your effort, or fault them for not doing so.

I will listen to the entirety of that show of your podcast in the near future and I'll give you my thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
You're not starting the crusade but many people who openly despise the guy either did it because of his arguments about New York (that i repeat, are not much more controversial than a lot of the stuff Spooky, MattB or even Keith said in the past), the recession or because he argued with Chemda.
To be fair, it's not really up to you how much people value something. I don't live in New York, so I couldn't care less how much McNally thinks it sucks. But I'd absolutely understand if someone took a great deal of pride in the city and were upset about someone crapping on it. If someone is going to say something, they need to accept the fact that people might not be okay with it.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 10-28-2009 at 01:28 PM.