Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How often will Keith use his new juicer?
0 times 11 5.73%
1-10 times 131 68.23%
11-25 times 20 10.42%
A babillion times 30 15.63%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2009, 06:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Keith's dead right that it's almost impossible for a guy to get scared in one of those spooker operations. We have a big sprawling horror-themed complex just outside of town on the grounds of a genuine former mental asylum that backs onto forest. The whole experience takes about 20 minutes and starts outside on a night-time forest trail and eventually you end up going into and through the old mental hospital with a ton of actors placed along the track and through the building.

It's a real pro operation with a lot of stuff designed by Peter Jackson's WETA workshop so they've done everything short of actually setting rabid dogs on people to try and turn the fright knobs up to 11 but even with that level of production value I couldn't find a way to get scared by it. I think dudes are just programmed with different threat response than girls so when we know full well the thing is fake it can't get under our skin even if we want it to. But chicks and kids are ready to jump out of their skin at any moment and my girlfriend and her sister damn near screamed their tonsils out. The only threat I felt during the whole thing was to my eardrums.
I allways want to punch those fuckers at the haunted house things; just to see if they will stay in character.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

May I say, fuck joe jackson. Fuck capitalizing his j's. Isn't he the one who messed up Micheal? I vaguely remember some child abuse allegations...
Old 10-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

May I say, fuck Tito Jackson; and Jermaine.

Last edited by mattoleary; 10-30-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Ah yes, the Hell House is a great opportunity for evangelical Christians to show how their religion is all about love. Like when the girl who is brutally gang raped and then kills herself goes to Hell because she deserves it for having the temerity to try dating boys. Yeah, God sent his only son to die for our sins but is still such an asshole that he'll condemn a rape victim to eternal damnation.

I think I'm especially bitter about the Hell House bullshit this year because of the 15 year old girl in California who was gang raped outside of her Homecoming dance while 20 people watched and did nothing to help her. I'm sure the Hell House assholes will say she's going to Hell because she was drinking with boys and totally deserved what happened to her. I like how they don't say anything about how the actual RAPISTS are going to Hell. Kind of like how the Catholic church excommunicated everyone involved in getting that 9 year old girl an abortion after she'd been raped by her step-father....but didn't excommunicate the step-father.

I swear, it's like none of these fuckers have even read the New Testament or anything that Jesus actually says in the Bible.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Everyone talked me about the doc on Hell House as an example of bigotry, hatred and backwards thinking. I agree that contents are the usual insane batshit crap you get from fundamentalist christians. But...

You know if they are having fun while doing it, let them. I actually thought that those kids that went there to shout at the performance (and looked like the stereotypical "teenage angst" prototypes) were way more ridiculous than the Hell House people themselves.

As long as the christian nutjob enjoy re-enacting their dumbass scenarios, let them. They keep themselves from bombing abortion clinics and they make good entertainment for me.

PS: One of my most beloved possessions is an entire book dedicated to Ckick Tracts. They're little comic strips that depict insane uber-christian scenarios like the ones depicted in Hell House. Their ridulousness is so far out there that i cant possibly be angry at that.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 10-30-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I swear, it's like none of these fuckers have even read the New Testament or anything that Jesus actually says in the Bible.
But let's not pretend that the New Testament is the entirety of Christian faith. In fact, those sort of irrational reactions are similar to the nonsense in the Old Testament, where God (and therefore, Jesus; remember, three is one, so there is but one speaker) lets people reap what he saw as the consequences of their actions, frequently harshly and without mercy.

It does not sound so odd to me that a person who believes in a book wherein Jesus (by the 3=1 rule) says homosexuals should be killed and the blood will be on their heads, also believes rape victims are going to hell.

The reason for why the New Testament is ignored is most commonly just pages away from the New Testament itself. Perhaps the problem is not that they are not Christian enough, but that they are Christian.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Like when the girl who is brutally gang raped and then kills herself goes to Hell because she deserves it for having the temerity to try dating boys.
You don't go to hell for being raped, you go to hell for killing yourself. Nor does being raped give you a free pass on mortal sins such as suicide.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
You don't go to hell for being raped, you go to hell for killing yourself. Nor does being raped give you a free pass on mortal sins such as suicide.

You're right, but the whole Hell House skit is very heavy about "If you didnt act like an easy girl, you wouldnt have been raped". She goes to hell because she killed herself, but it's clear (not even implied) that they think she's a whore.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hey, you could provide dick cancer removal services with your new juicer!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
Midnight Oil singer Peter Garrett is now a politician, I'm not surprised he was a fakefuck in his music career as well.
I attended Another Roadside Attraction Tour featuring The Tragically Hip/Midnight Oil/Hothouse Flowers/Crash Vegas on 7/26/93, Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, Ontario,Canada, and the same thing happened... I don't remember if someone got tossed but they did do the whole PSA about playing nice in the mosh pit... but it could have been between songs, the amount of booze and weed consumed that day makes it hard to remember exact details.... it was a great concert, regardless of the intermitent rain.