Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Hold Your Wii For a Wii Death Judgement
The family deserves the $16,500,000. 41 28.87%
They don't deserve that money. The mom is also to blame. 101 71.13%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2009, 06:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Re: juicer

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Re: juicer

COOL
Old 11-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Baseball players may look like pussies prancing around with those goofy mitts on but maybe it's actually that they're smart. In cricket there are official fielding positions called silly mid on and silly mid off, where a dude will stand right in the firing line with only a helmet, shin guards and a cup for protection. A cricket ball is just as hard as a baseball and comes flying off the bat at speeds up to 100mph. Silly indeed.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Saw the Dead Weather live a couple months ago, and that Allison is the hotness for sure. I think TDW is the worst band Jack White's in and I'd still rather see them than 95% of everything else out there.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherdarkness View Post
Saw the Dead Weather live a couple months ago, and that Allison is the hotness for sure. I think TDW is the worst band Jack White's in and I'd still rather see them than 95% of everything else out there.
The Dead Weather is great. I feel like I'm listening to a fusion of Zeppelin and The Doors with a female voice and the guitar lines are buttery and the base lines are slamming. Love Horehound. LOVE IT!

I've never sat down with a White Stripes or Raconteurs album, so if what you are saying is correct, I will love it just as much as TDW, if not more. Thank you for the secret recommendation.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
I've never sat down with a White Stripes or Raconteurs album, so if what you are saying is correct, I will love it just as much as TDW, if not more. Thank you for the secret recommendation.

The White Stripes are a good band at rehashing old stuff. Jack is a killer guitarist and songwriter, especially in their later albums, where he has more musicians to beef up the songs a little. The first ones, whre it's basically him and Meg (One of the worst drummers of our age) are quite lame. I'd rather listen to old 70's garage bands or some modern ones with an edge (like, for example, The Heads or The Solarflares). The Stripes bore me after a few tracks.

The Raconteurs are way better. Jack improves a lot when he hasnt shitty Meg around. Bluesy, rootsy stuff with alot of soul and balls. Last album is very good. They do their best live where they can jam freely and raise the volume.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"Pedro Martinez looks like a koala fucked a retard."

I dug 7 nation army from "he white stripes" but wtf is that, was this supposed to be music.. pfft gimme Fantasia from Thursdays show with requisite finger waves and neck rolls anyday over mofo's screaming to some convoluted beat
Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
I dug 7 nation army from "he white stripes" but wtf is that, was this supposed to be music.. pfft gimme Fantasia from Thursdays show with requisite finger waves and neck rolls anyday over mofo's screaming to some convoluted beat
Ticklah, i would gladly discuss your point if i had an idea of what the hell you're talking about. Fantasia? Neck rolls? Huh?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Ticklah, i would gladly discuss your point if i had an idea of what the hell you're talking about. Fantasia? Neck rolls? Huh?
Thursday's show with patrice the newly literate Fantasia (American Idle winner) was mentioned Keith pulled up a few of her songs and quickly poo poo'ed them, Ok fine not your bag but on the next episode to hear this rubbish heralded as music is odd.

Fantasia is black (shocker) and it was commented on how her music was full of sass and required negro women to neck roll and wag fingers. While she can be over-produced like many pop or R&B artists but the songs played on the show were at least melodic.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

Ah fine. Well it's more a matter of taste, i'd say. Keith usually handles the music played after the show and he likes rock and isnt much into mainstream r&b, usually.

Dead Weather may be rubbish for your taste, but a lot of people who are into the genre have chosen their album as one of their favourites of the year. I like the album, personally. Not a masterpiece maybe, but very well written.

But you cant argue about personal taste in music, really. It goes nowhere.