Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: A student in Algebra II ate a dead fly for a good grade from his teacher.
The teacher is more to blame. 163 74.77%
The student is more to blame. 55 25.23%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenButterfly View Post
let me say a few things about my shit country:
we do have all four seasons in brazil. in some regions some seasons are more prominent than others (north, center, northeast are hotter and south and southeast are colder). in são paulo, it's crazy (global warming, i guess) - one day it can be extremely hot, the next it's really cold and it's the middle of July (when it should be cold). here, when it gets hot, it's amazingly hot and stuffy, when it gets cold, so fucking cold (not as cold as europe, as we don't get snow, but really cold and windy). that's insane when you're stuck in a crowded subway train, and then you get out into the cold rainy streets.
it's not all party! super party! 24/7. most people work 9 -10 hours everyday. I work for nearly 9 hours +1 lunch hour (people can't work more than 44 hours in one week, they are suggesting a law to change it down to 40 without reducing your pay, but of course companies are against it) that's not counting 1.30 hours to go to work, then 1.30 hours to come home in crowded shitty subways and trains - and i'm not the only one doing this everyday, for shit money.
one last thing, we speak portuguese, not spanish, but that's an understandable mistake, since every country in south america speaks spanish but us.
love to hear keith's spanish, it's highlarious
Good on you DB. On all counts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Horseshit. Half the problem with this whole recession business is fucking morons in the "real world" who don't understand the simple maths behind compound interest and the like.
That's because they are "morons" and can't seem to see beyond the "good deal" they are getting at the moment. Once that wears off and the terms change due to the A.R.M. or someone tells them that an Interest Only loan is awesome, that's really the problem. I'm sure the majority of people passed the simple math classes. The problem is that no one showed them how the real world works. You know: assholes and other types who just want to make money off of starry-eyed innocents looking for a good deal.
Also, they probably don't know how to use Google.
Everyone has to pass at least one math class. They just didn't get the chance to take a useful math class.