Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does the person known as Mike the Intern hate Keith?
Yes 129 69.73%
No 56 30.27%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2009, 03:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1085: #3

"Tonight I'm gonna fuckin' suck ya."

www.BrotherLoveRocks.com/store

raydevito.net

SacapuntasShow.com | One Comedian. One Storyteller. One TV Writer. One Celebrity Guest
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

He completely hates the show but loves the fame.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't know if Mike hates the show or Keith. He's just really young, really indecisive and was caught up in a very popular podcast with a very opinionated crowd of listeners. While he was interning he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, Keith called him out, and no teenager – even if in their late teens – likes to be called out on shit. I’m pretty much what one could call and adult and I hate it when I get called out, mostly if it is in public.

He got bashed on the forums, he got videotaped trying to be cool around Chemda and Keith’s friends, he got his heart broken on camera, got his Wii exercise ridiculed, his tweets laughed at… well, I guess when one’s not sure of their place in the world they just try really hard and Mike just seems to do that. A lot. Just look at how gracious Chris Iacono was when Keith was bashing his tattoo or when Chemda was asking a million questions about his sex life. He’s a grown man who can take a punch or two with ease.

I really don’t know if Mike’s just immature while he’s young or if he’ll turn out to be a prick later in life but I’m hoping he does ok, because he seems to be a nice guy deep down inside and all his little issues seem to come from a place of not knowing how to handle some people and some situations.

This being said, I’m still listening to the show so I don’t know if a retraction will be in order later…
Old 11-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I change my mind. I want to be last.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

On the topic of the 18% tip, I think the pub should've lost the right to have the couple arrested once they took their money. Taking their money and then calling the cops is the same as if the manager comped their meal and then called the cops because they didn't pay. By accepting payment, the bartender basically bartered the cost down to what the couple was willing to pay.

And some articles have the pub owner saying he actually did offer to comp their meal. I call bullshit, because does this couple sound like they're the kind of people to say, "No, I'll pay for the meal because that's fair, but I just will not pay the tip"?

Also, has anyone done the math? 18% of $73 is $13.14. And that's if you calculate tip on the bill & tax, which you don't do. Guessing a 7% tax, the $73 means a $68.22 bill. 18% of that is $12.28. So where does the $16.35 come from? That's closer to a 24% tip.

Maybe the news articles don't have the numbers right, and maybe I'm guessing wrong on some of the percentages, but it sure seems like this pub is up to something shady. Granted--the customers do sound like the Annoying Customers From Hell, but it's not like the pub is squeaky clean in this story.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Mike is an insecure, neurotic, scarred (mentally and physically) young man with a strange confusion about his sexuality and a bad control of his temper (his unmotivated outburst of anger are a signal). Plus since he became an intern on the show, he's been insulted, ridiculed, assaulted and partially disfigured.

Keith is a strong willed, manly, completely straight adult that has lived his life at full potential, has a strong head on his shoulders, a good set of life experience, a future of success and satisfaction and a set of balls made of steel.

Can you spell jealousy? Sorry Mikey, i call 'em like i see 'em.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Catching up on the archives, and a mild rant on #881 back-stage.

I just listened to the 881 back-stage with Keith McNally and Ayn:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/backst...ly_vs._Ayn.mp3

Here are the players:

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/show/...9T-Display.jpg

I'll tell you what this argument was about. Keith was evasive because he knows he has no business being with a woman like that. He can't fully engage himself with her because he's aware of the fraud, but of course he can't admit to that or he'll compromise the sweet deal he finds himself in. Thus the evasion, insincerity and discomfort that are so evident in his voice.

Am I wrong? Set me straight.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewater View Post
I just listened to the 881 back-stage with Keith McNally and Ayn:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/backst...ly_vs._Ayn.mp3

Here are the players:

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/show/...9T-Display.jpg

I'll tell you what this argument was about. Keith was evasive because he knows he has no business being with a woman like that. He can't fully engage himself with her because he's aware of the fraud, but of course he can't admit to that or he'll compromise the sweet deal he finds himself in. Thus the evasion, insincerity and discomfort that are so evident in his voice.

Am I wrong? Set me straight.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you and Welcome to the Forums!

One thing you are definitely wrong about is the place where you try to talk about this, try here:
http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...-vs-ayn-12248/
Old 11-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you and Welcome to the Forums!

One thing you are definitely wrong about is the place where you try to talk about this, try here:
http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...-vs-ayn-12248/
Thanks, I feel at home already. I'll repost there and fuck you too!
Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

It's the Punisher t-shirt, right? I knew I shoulda stopped wearing that when I stopped punishing.