Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Michael Carrino a good father?
Yes 297 93.40%
No 21 6.60%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I probably got very defensive because i had no father figure, except for a very violent one and i always thought that Mike C. was the kind of parent i wish i could be, being so sweet and earnest with his children.

I dont think i'll ever be a father or if it will happen i'm afraid i'm going to be exactly as mine, verbally and physically abusive. So when the subject comes up, i get angry.

Mr Carrino, besides that, you have my admiration and support. If anyone got offended, sorry.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 11-26-2009 at 01:23 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Having grown up in the area of ohio the carrinos hail from as well, I can certainly say there are far worse parents that never got their kids taken away from them let alone a phone call from cps.

I had a friend that we had to walk to the bar down the street from the school to ask her dad for lunch money, her dad was a drunk, abusive bastard and her mom was drunk/druggie who was just verbally abusive.

my friend who lived 2 trailers down from me his mom would usually be passed out drunk on the couch by the time school was out, dinner for him was generally whatever he picked up with the money lifted from his purse.

my neighbor beat the living shit out of his grandson on such a regular basis you could set your clock by it. quite literally one of the greatest days ever was the day I got a personal cd player and could pop some headphones on.

the kids from my school that stabbed their parents and set the house on fire to let em burn to death, i doubt the worst thing their dad ever did was teach them the difference between a bitch and cunt. especially judging by the bruises they'd come to school with.

Long story short, Yes he is a good father.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Also, Mike C. has one of the most hypnotic voices i've ever heard. It's a tone made to tell stories. Wow.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

adopt me!

first post ever--
This show was fantastic! I have been wondering what happened with his story for a while now. It's good to hear there are still reasonable, thoughtful, and logical parents out there in this world! I wish my parents were that open and honest with me when I was growing up, adopt me Mr. Carrino
Old 11-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

One of my favorite episodes in a while--great guest in Michael Carrino; he sounds like a great dad and I second/third/babillionth that he should write a book one of these days. I'd totally buy it.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mike - excellent, great to hear you!

I think this is a great example of a good dad. We can argue that sheltering children is abuse too, not preparing them for the real world.

Also, I believe that teaching them responsability in what they do with that knowledge, where/why it's innapropriate to say in public - for example.

When I was 4 I asked where babies came from. Got the whole gory story, but also told not to tell people in public about it.

I agree, Junkenstein, amazing voice. Soothing.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

i loved this show. i squealed when i heard his voice
Old 11-27-2009, 01:16 AM   #18 (permalink)

Very intriguing episode, Carrino is an awesome father to his kids as well as a very well spoken guest. If all these little fuckers these days had a father like Carrino, the world would be a much better place.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

What a great guest! Michael Carrino is just such a coherent, intelligent speaker and he gets his point across so well. I think he's one of the best fathers out there, he's taking the time to communicate with his kids and teach them about the real world, that's more than most fathers do these days. The world needs more dad's like him, then maybe we'll have less people at Sarah Palin book signings.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

We have really only had Carrino's perspective on his parenting.

However he has been warned off his kids for a while by the state!

But if good parenting is being caring towards your children, and even more so, taking time with children, then Carrino is probably a pretty good Dad.

He's certainly an unusual one.