Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Michael Carrino a good father?
Yes 297 93.40%
No 21 6.60%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2009, 07:24 AM   #21 (permalink)

Should father of the year be a katg award category? Nominees would include Michael C., Keith´s dad and Brolo´s dad.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishyoyo View Post
Should father of the year be a katg award category? Nominees would include Michael C., Keith´s dad and Brolo´s dad.
And Chemda's dad! He looks out for her by planning ways to throw Keith off a cliff.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
And Chemda's dad! He looks out for her by planning ways to throw Keith off a cliff.
Haha, Father Of The Year over there.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishyoyo View Post
Great idea. When did Keith adopt Bruno? I'm pretty sure that was last year, but maybe Keith can get nominated too.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #25 (permalink)

Wonderful Black Friday hearing Carrino is well

I am thrilled, I used to work at Best Buy(shithole) in montrose selling cameras and camcorders. At my old job I met Micheal Carrino when he came into check out a couple dv cams. When we were talking we got on the topic of podcasting. The "Father of the year" is also who got me listening to KATG! That was probably in late 2005 or 2006.

Happy Holidays to all.
Akron Hef
Old 11-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #26 (permalink)

The man treats his children with respect and like actual human beings. Not like vegetative retards

I guess that's why he was talking about the kids like they weren't even there, even though they were sitting in the same room. Saying something to the effect of "they don't know what we're talking about". 7 and 10 pick up everything.

He's not the world's worst father. He's a show boat, a grandstander, an attention whore. He wouldn't hurt his kids for fame, but he would make them very uncomfortable and put them in shitty situations for fame. Which automatically takes him off the "great dad" list.

Besides that, he's a horrible guest. He filibusters and talks too much.

Chemda said that she bet the cops who listened to Armchair Kid Nation the show were probably laughing their asses off at the show.

Carrino took about 30 seconds to explain that he didn't think the cop found it humorous when all he had to say was "nah, I don't think so." All in that sleazy smarmy voice that crawls under my skin.

At one point Carrino complained that the authorities ordered him not to take the shows off the site, which he compared to "having to fight in a war with your hands tied" or something to that effect. You mean, Carrino that you saw the episodes as evidence toward your guilt? I thought you stood behind the shows?

He also said that authorities thought these shows were so harmful to the world, yet he had to keep them online. This is a classic blowhard tactic of trying to twists facts to make himself look like a rebel.
The charges were never that the shows had harmful effect on listeners, but the HE had harmful effect on his kids. And the recordings were evidence. The fact that he was so eager to take them down is almost an admission of guilt. He still hasn't put them back up because he knows he's wrong.

Keith was right. One can only take so much of Carrino. I bailed well before the end of the show. Carrino is on my list of "KATG shows to skip when this guest appears".

Last edited by Andrea's toothbrush; 11-27-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronHef View Post
I am thrilled, I used to work at Best Buy(shithole) in montrose selling cameras and camcorders. At my old job I met Micheal Carrino when he came into check out a couple dv cams. When we were talking we got on the topic of podcasting. The "Father of the year" is also who got me listening to KATG! That was probably in late 2005 or 2006.

Happy Holidays to all.
Akron Hef
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!! And Welcome to the Forums!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

i didnt read all the posts as i highly spect most of them say the same thing, taking micheals side.

i agree 100% with those people, how many kids get punished for saying cunt before they even know what they did wrong. fuuuuck it its only a word anyways, but if we live in a society where saying cunt is seemingly worse than punching a bully in the face the hey, why shouldnt a parent be allowed to explain why their child shouldnt say words like it.

end of the day they were going to be exposed to the word cunt in the end, why not from an adult with a context and meaning and an explanation of why its wrong

katg wicked show! micheal wicked parent

my two pennies

peace
Old 11-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #29 (permalink)

Great dad. Good parents don't treat their children like dummies, teach them context and propriety of their actions. I feel like Carrino does all this. Not to mention, that his kids could sit there and be well behaved for over an hour, proves his ability as a parent.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Michael is the kind of father I wish I'd had and had been.