Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is the Catholic girl’s child this jerk-off’s kid?
Yes; not only can that happen, it sounds like it did. 14 8.33%
No; the whole thing is ridiculous and retarded. 154 91.67%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Torrents

Torrentz.com if your lost without mininova and pirate bay. They search most of the torrent sites out there. Has never failed me.

Edit: it was a super evil underlord movie pirate that hacked my account and posted this, not I
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Tiger

The Chinese know what really happened to Tiger and recreated in in CGI.

YouTube - Tiger Woods car crash reenactment. Funny animation from Chinese TV station
Old 12-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Alec Baldwin was in Beetlejuice...
Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

My favorite Alec Baldwin movie is The Marrying Man, which a lot of people never saw. In it, he divorces Kim Basinger a couple of times, so it's got that going for it.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was bored with Bruno by the time he slunk away last time but the new letter cracked me up, the kid's a card and a half.

Alec Baldwin's point isn't that he wasn't in good films, I'm sure he agrees Glengarry Glen Ross is a deadset classic, it's that in his eyes a successful career would have meant playing a lead role that drove a commercially or critically successful film. He never had that, his acclaimed roles were supporting turns and the films that made box office were driven by other factors. He's a better actor than Harrison Ford or Bruce Willis but he's never been a star like them.

As for Tiger, all it does for me is confirm that the reason he's so good at clearing his mind of distractions to stay cool on the putting greens is because there's nothing in there to begin with. Motherfucker makes five babillion a month and he doesn't shell out for a second cellphone? Dude's a fucking imbecile.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggieBear View Post
It's convenient how the war is supposed to end right around re-election time.
Its not supposed to end then. Its more like, "by then we plan to have a plan on how to end it". :/
Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I fucking LOVE Oasis. Their first album "Definitely Maybe" is one of my top faves of all time. I hope Keith enjoys that rediscovery.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Alec Baldwin's point isn't that he wasn't in good films, I'm sure he agrees Glengarry Glen Ross is a deadset classic.
The Baldwin Bros have always been identified as a bunch of whiny bitches (qute from "South Park, The Movie": "America, the Baldwin house has been bombed" "Oh NO! Not THE BALDWINS!").

Alec's role in GGR was amazing simply because that piece is one of Mamet's best exercise in vicious acting. I've seen it played a couple of times by different actors, lately by an italian group of young people who also played a theatrical version of "Reservoir Dogs" (another acting bench for male actors) and they did it wonderfully. It's written in a way where each role is so perfectly carved and each line is amazingly cruel, that the unskilled come out well (like him) and the skilled come out frighteningly well (Pacino, Lemmon, Spacey).

If you want to see a similar variation on the same theme done badly, look at the always godawful turn of Affleck in "Boiler Room". He plays basically the same fella but worse.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
The Baldwin Bros have always been identified as a bunch of whiny bitches (qute from "South Park, The Movie": "America, the Baldwin house has been bombed" "Oh NO! Not THE BALDWINS!").

Alec's role in GGR was amazing simply because that piece is one of Mamet's best exercise in vicious acting. I've seen it played a couple of times by different actors, lately by an italian group of young people who also played a theatrical version of "Reservoir Dogs" (another acting bench for male actors) and they did it wonderfully. It's written in a way where each role is so perfectly carved and each line is amazingly cruel, that the unskilled come out well (like him) and the skilled come out frighteningly well (Pacino, Lemmon, Spacey).

If you want to see a similar variation on the same theme done badly, look at the always godawful turn of Affleck in "Boiler Room". He plays basically the same fella but worse.
The Baldwin brothers have been the butt of many jokes for a long time but Alec's always had the rep as the one with the talent. Look at him in Miami Blues or The Departed for example and you'll see what everyone's talking about. On tv he's been one of the funniest people around for some time too, the dude might be a primo don (I don't think he is really, he's just being brutally honest in interviews - I wish more actors had real personality like he has) but he definitely has chops.

As an aside I think you over-rate Spacey, that guy has only one mode - smug. He's good when he's cast as someone smug, shithouse for anything else. I think everyone fell in love with him in The Usual Suspects and Se7en and hasn't noticed his one-note range. Pacino's been a joke for decades, still entertaining but not because of skill. Lemmon was one of the greatest of all time, practically genius, we're not going to disagree on how much skill that guy had. Baldwin hasn't gotten a whole lot of great feature roles to shine in and there've been times he's been in utter cack but he's a genuine talent, these days one of the best comic actors in the business.

But my point in picking out GGR was to say that Baldwin isn't saying his career's a failure because he's only been in shit, he's saying it's a failure because he puts a particular measure on success in that field and doesn't feel like he ever reached it.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Agreed on Spacey. That face spouting breathlesxs monologues in that cokehead fest that was "HurlyBurly" (one of those atrocities committed by Sean Penn before he was sanctified) ruined him for me. And he could have redeemed himself with Lex Luthor (being that the character isnt cheesy AT ALL)

Pacino has been a joke after his Hoo-Haa tirades in "Scent of a Woman" and it hurts, cause i still think of him as a good actor. Old, but still good.

I'll have to watch Miami Blues. The Departed would need another viewe, just to go past Jack's great performance ("There's one thing i always tell them darkies. They're not gonna gove it to ya'. You have to TAKE IT. (Cue to Gimme SHelter)". I have goosebumps now.

But a great director can turn nice actors into gold. Watch Basterds and Waltz to get that.