Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is the Catholic girl’s child this jerk-off’s kid?
Yes; not only can that happen, it sounds like it did. 14 8.33%
No; the whole thing is ridiculous and retarded. 154 91.67%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Lizard View Post
Strangely I can't think of a single movie Alec Baldwin was ever in. I've never even heard the of the ones with mentioned, but does this mean that 30 Rock will end in 2012?
One of my favorite roles of Alec Baldwin was in a film from the late 90s called Malice. It was with Nicole Kidman and Bill Pullman. However, what I loved most about that movie was that it was a Y-shaped story - two seemingly unrelated plots joining at the key moment to unravel everything. Plus, it wasn't Aaron Sorkin doing his usual political jerking off on a script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
As an aside I think you over-rate Spacey, that guy has only one mode - smug. He's good when he's cast as someone smug, shithouse for anything else. I think everyone fell in love with him in The Usual Suspects and Se7en and hasn't noticed his one-note range. Pacino's been a joke for decades, still entertaining but not because of skill. Lemmon was one of the greatest of all time, practically genius, we're not going to disagree on how much skill that guy had. Baldwin hasn't gotten a whole lot of great feature roles to shine in and there've been times he's been in utter cack but he's a genuine talent, these days one of the best comic actors in the business.
I have to agree with you on Spacey. He's only as good as the material he's given. He plays smug, ranting smug, self-righteous smug. I loved him in "The Ref" and "American Beauty" because the scripts were good, and the supporting cast was great. Could you have recast those roles and had the same great movie? Probably. For the Usual Suspects, I don't know. Fantastic film on so many levels, but that's a Spacey role.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

By the way, sorry if i'm stating the obvious.... But the story on which the poll is based reminds me of a quote from Sgt Hartman, the DI in "Full Metal Jacket". In the Italian version it' s even more close to what the guy said but in english sounds like:

"Bullshit. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress! I think you been cheated!"

Sir, Yes Sir. Almost.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Now that the photos are up, at first I thought? Who's the man with the gray hair? Any doubts about who he could be were dissipated by the photo of him with Brolo. Wow!
Not to shit on the new interns, but Emmy's captions were awesome. I miss them...

And is that Emmy with the sick hair, teaching Keith how to knit? Whoever it is, your hair, madam, kicks ass.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Why would you characterize Michael Douglas's hair as "almost mullet but not"? I thought it was just a standard businessy haircut, medium-long throughout.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

I like my version better

YouTube - Glengary Glen Ross meets Inspector Gadget - "You Call Yourself A Salesman?"

Also, Chemda: the photos of the food you made makes me HUNGRY!!! Must have been quite a feast.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #26 (permalink)

Seems like they are taking longer to create shows this week.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #27 (permalink)

Classic!

I'm only halfway through this episode, but I have to say, this is going to be one of my all time favorites. Not just because of the content, but because of the style. Keith and Chemda are are totally relaxed and in sync with each other. The opening conversation with the "hot" and the "mega" was great! They are reminding me of some of the great comedy duos, like Burns and Allen ("Say goodnight Gracie." "Goodnight Gracie."). This episode is giving me nothing but joy. I love it.

Thank you so much.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy357 View Post
Seems like they are taking longer to create shows this week.
It was Chemda's birthday, and a long holiday weekend. They have more than 1000 shows. Use this time to get caught up.