Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does the man who gave a cop the middle finger deserve the citation he was given?
Yes; he should receive a citation minimum. 50 37.88%
No; it’s a constitutional right for the man to flip off an officer. 82 62.12%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda was so happy and wired. It was a joy to listen!

As for child services, here in Portugal eventually the police was instructed to not ask for ID. My sister in law had a neighbour that was apparently abusive to his wife and kids and when she called she said "I'm a neighbour and that's why I know" but it was voluntary info and they never asked for her name. In small towns it doesn't work so well but in bigger cities it works fine.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

The ACLU doesn't just defend liberals. A few of their decidedly non-liberal clients:

Oliver North (5th Amendment)

Westboro Baptist Church (Religious freedom, freedom of speech)

Rush Limbaugh (privacy issues concerning his medical records)

They've also consistently defended the freedom of speech rights of various hate groups such as Neo-Nazis, the KKK, etc.

Basically they're interested in defending such uber-liberal issues as the constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I do agree with you that at most he should've simply had his citation reversed. But, in this article it states that the ACLU discovered that the city had given out 188 such citations in only two years! That probably has something to do with the large settlement amount.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09083/957786-85.stm

Last edited by Blitzgal; 12-04-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Regarding product placement in Seinfeld, I don't think they did it intentionally, from what I read they just wanted to use everyday products to outfit his apartment.
The idea that he only featured products that he regularly used is fine, but intention (and payment) definitely factors. You have to pay to play when it comes to having labels/logos shown on TV.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
The idea that he only featured products that he regularly used is fine, but intention (and payment) definitely factors. You have to pay to play when it comes to having labels/logos shown on TV.
Along those lines, I remember hearing a few years back on Howard Stern that celebs who do Leno or Letterman can name-drop on those shows and get paid. I remember the example they used was of Drew Barrymore saying she liked Kraft cheese slices in her grilled cheese.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Next time Jesse will be on, Keith will HAVE tto ask him to congratulate him on air!

"Sooooo Jesse, wasnt i good?"
"Gah!"
"What?"
"Huh. Like. Gah!"
"Come Again?"
"Gah! Yes! YOU WERE FUNNY! You're Good! HUH!"

Jesse relapses and escapes to Spain to work as a drunken juggler....
Old 12-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ugh. My sister is a Dave Matthews fan. She has all of these live CDs where Dave just moans for like 20 minutes straight and the same chorus plays from the band. I have no idea how she can listen to that shit. I like a few songs of his but not that much.

I also know a guy who is a super fan and sees DMB at least once or twice a year. He travels the country to see them in different locations.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

I can dig some of their tracks, but I can't see the reson to travel the country to see ANY band perform, let alone one like Dave Matthews.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

call me a sappy, queer, sentimental girlie... But... Maybe because i'm going in a weird time concerning my love life...

Keith's "Thank you Chemda" Chemda "Thank YOU Keith" Keith "Well, it's nice to hear"

The tone of their voices made me feel all warm inside....

They're so lovely....
Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

found this video of the whole Tiger Woods call,,,

Tiger Woods' Voicemail Extended - CollegeHumor video
Old 12-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hey that was me at the show with the Jameson and talking to Matt B outside Slainte. I went to this show and I went to the Match Game before when Andrew WK was there. I said "hi" to Keith and Chemda both times, and we chatted with Chemda for a couple minutes after she gave us cake. I don't know about all the other KATG-related folks. Keith and Chemda seem to actively encourage people to talk to them at events. I recognized Patrice, Emmy, and Newsy, but I figure y'all are there to hang out with your friends. It seems really awkward to start out a conversation with the knowledge so one-sided. I dunno. What would you rather people do?

I diiiiid meet BroLo after the Match Game. I was coming out of KGB bar at 3 in the morning and saw him on the street, so I went up and introduced myself. He was chatting up some girl so I made it short and ran off but he told me to take down his number. So while I'm on the train home I text him "hey this is the dude you met so you have my number too". The next day I get "who is this?". BroLo has no idea who I am and doesn't remember meeting me at all. He was still supernice via text, but that's so funny to me.

So I'm slowly integrating but erring on the side of non-creepiness. I'm sure I'll meet you when I'm supposed to.

Oh and the mic falling over was awesome. That's actually the only joke I remember from the whole set because.. well.. Jameson and all that. Looking forward to the TV episode.