Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Ben Lerman have been deported?
Yes; rules are rules. He should have known them and followed them. 85 63.91%
No; everything was blown out of proportion. 48 36.09%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have a hard time lying to officials and especially at an airport where they start to convince you that you are a terrorist (maybe I didn't come to Canada to see family, maybe I do want to kill all the beavers and kidnap Tim Horton) I tense up and probably just make things worse by digging a hole because they just make me feel like I've done something wrong whether I realize it or not.

All the rules and regulations should be laid out clearer for the average Joe (or Ben) when you are buying tickets to other countries where you have no idea about the FILL IN FORM A34 HALF WAY THROUGH YOUR FLIGHT OR DIE rule until its too late. When buying a ticket to Scotland they should ask him what his occupation is and his purpose for going there. "Oh, you're an artist? Unless you want a fat pasty douche to send you home you should do this, this and this."

The jerk who sent Ben home should realize that even though he unknowingly fucked up that he is an artist who clearly can't afford to just throw away a ticket to Scotland like that (he can't even afford a real guitar! Seriously though Ben, love your work) and to give him a break. I understand that there are rules but Ben is a Jew and doesn't even have Christmas to look forward to, so be nice.

Last edited by brianward81; 12-07-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: missing word
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlerman View Post
Unfortunately, not filthy enough.
UK Border Agency | Temporary workers - creative and sporting

125 pounds or whatever their funny money is.......Sorry do this job in Canada lol

and like u said the place has to sponsor you...

This seems like a crock... lol
Old 12-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think what those airport security people look for when they question you is for you to get "normally" nervous. If you really have a bomb or are gonna do some shady shit, then you'll either shit bricks or you'll be super calm. I'm pretty sure it's normal to react the way you did.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Heartless bastard, yes. Fucktard, most certainly. But definitely not unsympathetic, sir! Ben, you are my absolute favorite guest. I get a stupid ass grin every time I see you're on. That said, I don't think you have a right to work in the UK. If they don't want talented people around, then fuck them. But they do have rules, and rules can't be bent just because you're a kickass guy.

Anyway, You and the nonboyfriend need to talk a little more in my opinion. Precious things aren't meant to be meekly let go. Good people attract good people, and you are most certainly a good person. If you think this fella is good, then exhaust all avenues! And wow did that last sentence give me a pervy chuckle...
Old 12-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
“You hold the door open for the world forever; you’re never gonna get inside.”
Keith Malley, you are truly the Confucius of this millennium.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcn View Post
Keith Malley, you are truly the Confucius of this millennium.
Seconded. And Fuuuuuuuck Yoooouuuuuu, and welcome to the forums!

Oh, Ben. Didn't you realise we've had a countrywide ban on fags in clubs since 2007? Sorry, mate.

This show cracked me up. Ben was awesome and hilarious despite the broken heart. The Butterball song was genius (and Keith totally does rock the backing vocals, Chemda)!

I'm disgusted we're never going to get the Lerman back in the UK because of some officious official. That said, I'm still quite impressed by the semi-CSI:Heathrow skills of some pasty-faced, middle-aged, fat-fuck custom official who actually went to the effort of looking up his website. Hoist by your own calendar. What a fucker.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The title of this show only reminds me of an old SNL sketch.....

"Face down, butt in the air...in the bushes..bust me there!"
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Can't wait to hear this show!

Shit Ben, you're not a devious bastard, and god love you for that.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Whenever i hear Ben my mood is uplkifted. Not only he's funny, and adorable, he's also one of the most sweet and down to earth people ever. Has the same "sweet guy" factor that Ray has, but with a different twist.

By the way, anyone who has voted yes, either is a dick, or is trying to pass as one. It's obviouys that thing have been blown out of proportion, and Ben shopuld be way more indignated than he is. But you're all so fucking smuhg, condescending, and holier thjan thou than whenever somebody who isnt you is caught up in a bad situation, you all bec ome "Mr Law and Order". But whenever you'll end up in a prison abroadf for trying to smuggle stuff, you'll cry like babies. Fuck them Ben, you were treated badly and acted youyr best.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 12-08-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Custom Officers jobs are to keep you out of their country. Why should they compromise their countries rules and their jobs to let someone slide through the cracks who didn't know enough to lie in the first place.