Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: the twitter airport disaster.
This man needed arrested and interrogated. You never know. 118 69.41%
It's not only his right to say what he wants, but obviously he was being silly. 52 30.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i give up
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGradStudent View Post
Well clearly the British government could seek it out just fine.
They can also tap your phones, or listen in to your conversations just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGradStudent View Post
or say it casually to a friend in conversation
Not sure you realize it, but that's exactly what twitter is.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Stabby View Post
I suppose nobody should be made to feel guilty for admitting to desiring it though, since as you say, it's human nature. It's cathartic to talk about it.
Please don't get me wrong. I take no issue with your desire. We are all animals, of course we will desire to have sex. Shiiiiiit.. I would've killed about three people today if i acted on my desires.. lol.. I was merely pointing out that having an extra-marital affair based on your desire would be morally questionable. From the last couple posts you seem to be a stand up dude.. But the original statement irked me because it seemed like you felt it was justifiable to cheat. Now i see that is not your stance..

& Junkenstein..

I have no religious or moral obligation to ever marry, but if i find a woman that i feel like i want to spend the rest of my life with, and she feels the same way, I would definitely get married. It would be a testament to mine & her dedication in my eyes. A dedication that i would uphold throughout the marriage because i am a human being who can overlook my petty sexual desires.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
They can also tap your phones, or listen in to your conversations just fine.

Not sure you realize it, but that's exactly what twitter is.
Picard, I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey_James View Post
Please don't get me wrong. I take no issue with your desire. We are all animals, of course we will desire to have sex. Shiiiiiit.. I would've killed about three people today if i acted on my desires.. lol.. I was merely pointing out that having an extra-marital affair based on your desire would be morally questionable. From the last couple posts you seem to be a stand up dude.. But the original statement irked me because it seemed like you felt it was justifiable to cheat. Now i see that is not your stance..
Hehe... I wish I were a stand up dude. The fact is, my drive to cheat has never been as strong as it is now. I wish I could just turn that switch off. Thank god for the lack of opportunities, because my moral compass is all over the place today.

But as you observed, I'm not justifying it -- just admitting to it.

Last edited by Mr.Stabby; 01-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

"Extinction Level Event" by Busta Rhymez just came up on my iPod. He says "A bomb threat on the whole world!" Does the statute of limitations run out on this sort of thing? Because somebody ought to look into it.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
"Extinction Level Event" by Busta Rhymez just came up on my iPod. He says "A bomb threat on the whole world!" Does the statute of limitations run out on this sort of thing? Because somebody ought to look into it.
Bussa Bus!!! Nice choice of music.. lol
Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #48 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Of course threatening to blow up a plane on twitter is the same as yelling fire in a crowded theater, ...
One only has to point out that 'yelling fire' is not primarily a speech act but is instead the raising of an alarm. The same would obtain if instead you used the hammer to break the glass. So you're not really illegalising free speech but the raising of false alarms.

I can't see that this applies to a tweet. The primary purpose of which is - surely - always a speech act? You'd be an idiot to seriously consider a tweet as an appropriate means of raising an alarm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
... the point is simple, will there be a response to what you do, and will that response put people in danger? Yes, it will, it is known what can happen when people tweet things, so the "I didn't know" excuse doesn't fly, like it ever did anyway.
I'm not so sure that the response to 'yelling fire' in a cinema or theatre these days - in many cases - would be anything other than complete apathy.

But it was still an idiotic thing to tweet.

BTW - has anybody considered that every time they've quoted the threat in question here, they've put themselves on a police watch list? Only arskin' like.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
But Keith, you're confusing us! The show is full of examples where you've threatened some form violence or other dark fate upon your numerous transgressors. These outbursts are inevitably followed by Chemda's nervous clarification "Er, Jokes, people! Just jokes!". Should the police look into that or does Chemda's waiver exonerate you?
This is a perfect example. The police should absolutely be looking into this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
This is a perfect example. The police should absolutely be looking into this.
Episode 185 is called I have a bomb.

That's at least 7 hours of interrogation, right there.