Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Keith's poker play:
He did the right thing. You have to play like you normally would. 62 44.60%
He should have played like a pussy at that moment to ensure a paid spot. 77 55.40%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I've never laughed harder at a KATG episode than Myq's joke about the dude stealing the butter.
I am glad. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Wrong poll. It should be - "Should Myq And Myka Be Once A Week Regular Guests Like Patrice?"

And the only option should be yes.
Are you saying you want to hear less of me?
(Or can the poll also include an option: "No, they should be twice-a-week guests like Double-Patrice"?)

Thanks either way!
Good work, everyone.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Agree with Bucho, Myq and Myka are now on the same level as Patrice as far as leaving me in stitches for over an hour.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by notedhero View Post
Agree with Bucho, Myq and Myka are now on the same level as Patrice as far as leaving me in stitches for over an hour.
Thanks for being on the same level as Bucho for being left in stitches.

Glad!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Newsy The Intern? Sweet.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah Hero, they're great separate and they're double the awesome together.

Or maybe there should be Couple Tuesday or Wednesday or something so that one week it's Pat and Carmen, another week it's Myka and Myq, another it's Jen and Face (they're not a romantic couple but they act more or less like one), maybe Jesse and his girl come in one week (so he doesn't feel upset at being left out). Any of these guests could still come in solo during weeks where they're not on the couple show, or they could just hog the show for two days in a row like Myq.

The dynamic changes when there's a couple in the studio opposite Keith and Chemda, a nice underlying tension that lends itself to a different kind of funny, and whenever the discussion turns to relationship stuff it's even more interesting than usual. And it ties into the relationship book a little bit.

Last edited by Bucho; 01-28-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: I bit my eyes.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

I like the couple idea, but I disagree that there is tension. In the case of Myq and Myka, I just feel like when they're together with Keith and Chemda, the show comes off as though 4 people who know each other have been doing this forever, and there isn't the weird tension of "This is Keith and the Girl" to keep them from say what they want to when they want to. So I loved not hearing Keith laugh because he didn't want to give Myq the satisfaction. I also loved that Myka was quick to call back to earlier points in the show, and to even do the "Why can't I be first?!" line. That killed me. It was a level of comfort that went beyond the host/guest dynamic. Patrice and Brolo are the only others that are on that level, but Brolo's energy doesn't make me die of laughter the way Patrice's does.

Anyways...I thought Myq had topped himself on the previous episode, so to hear him kill it back to back with Myka this morning was awesome

"I don't need everyone knowing THAT. My telling you that I was a Canadian Popstar in the 90's(despite the fact that it looks like the 80's in my music videos) is not something I enjoy telling people."
-CuriousKlepto
Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

I was the person who said the "Hell Freezing" comment about your chip stack during Tuesday's poker tourney. It was done in jest and if it upset you, Keith, I am sorry. I was finishing off a bottle of Crystal Head Vodka(It sucks, don't waste $) during the game, I meant no harm. I have been a listener for many years and have not had much presence here on the forums and when you announced the poker tourney's, thought it would be great chance to become more involved in the community and have had a great time! Look forward to our next time in on the electronic felt...
Will
Tallahassee, Fl
P.S. You played your cards right, that night, I had no choice but to wait out a good hand with my 1k chips...
Old 01-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As Keith said: "What happened to the age when we took torches to the government"?

Exactly. But no, we're supposed to sit down and shut up when there's a pro-rape vote. Because they shall decide, that's how the system works, right. We must trust those people, right? And violence isnt a solution, right? In the end the right minds will prevail, right?

Bullshit. This is a perfect example of what i think. Scumbags rule in the end and they alweays find a way to use laws against humanity and decency. How many degrading things will people have to witnes and let go before they get that it's time to act and that there wil be no newspaper, book, pamphlet or mild tempered protest or satyrical essay that will get rid of those women abusing, power hungry pigs. Obama hasnt changed shit. Pigs still rule and the weaker ones dont get protected, they're still abused, silence covers anything, everyone shrugs and go on.

Italy's prime minister is a known underage girl abuser. Nobody does anything.
Civilized countries still condone rape. A whole religion helps child-abuse.

What the fuck. If there ever was a time for people to explode, this is.

Sorry. Got to get it off my chest.

ADD: Besides this explosion of indignation, i laughed my ass off for the whole length of this episode. Myq and Myka were on fire!

Last edited by Junkenstein; 01-28-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Wrong poll. It should be - "Should Myq And Myka Be Once A Week Regular Guests Like Patrice?"

And the only option should be yes.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

To be honest, this episode was one of the best in months, in my opinion.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hilarious! Love you guys