Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Keith's poker play:
He did the right thing. You have to play like you normally would. 62 44.60%
He should have played like a pussy at that moment to ensure a paid spot. 77 55.40%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Myqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Wrong poll. It should be - "Should Myq And Myka Be Once A Week Regular Guests Like Patrice?"

And the only option should be yes.
I think like spencer and heidi being speidi, myq and myka would probably be known as myqa...I say they go on every monday, I need something to start my week off right.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notedhero View Post
I like the couple idea, but I disagree that there is tension. In the case of Myq and Myka, I just feel like when they're together with Keith and Chemda, the show comes off as though 4 people who know each other have been doing this forever, and there isn't the weird tension of "This is Keith and the Girl" to keep them from say what they want to when they want to.
There's a natural tension between every couple just because there's a natural tension in every relationship that's born of the attraction it's based on and fired by the difference in the two personalities who're engaged in it. It can be a good thing, exciting even. Don't misunderstand tension as only a negative thing, especially in romantic relationships and/or entertainment, and don't mistake it as a singular thing. There are different types of it and sources for it.

And like I said, it's underlying so it doesn't have to be that it's front and centre or that the couple always has to come across as uncomfortable. And for pros like Myq and Myka they're obviously more than equipped enough with their god-given lightning reactions in the wit department to play on KATG's level together. I agree with all that other stuff you said, it was a particularly brilliant episode, but now you know what I meant by underlying tension. Every relationship has it and it's intriguing and entertaining to observe - even more so when the couple is talented as fuck.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
As Keith said: "What happened to the age when we took torches to the government"?
Yep. This isn't Washington and Jefferson's America anymore, where defending principle was a reason to spill the blood of leaders, and it hasn't been for a long time. Now more than ever the peons will choose to stay in The Matrix that consumerism has built us where it's nice and comfortable and convenient. It's the same across most of the Western world.

I don't need to tell you any of this shit though, I'm sure you've heard it a babillion or more times from a certain Mr Hicks, if not from just observing the world for yourself. The illusion that we are our own people is well and truly in full effect.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Neither here nor there but i am a bit emnotional lately....

Bucho, Standardman, Cat, Punks, Sparrow, Rhian... And all the others

I love you as i love my best friends, and i'm not drunk right now.

You really all make my days better.

Thank you
Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Hot dogs are sealed. Like sausages. You can peel the casing off of a sausage but to season a hot dog you'd have to pretty much mangle it. Unless, like a sausage, you seasoned it as you made it (like they do with spicy hot dogs.)

I feel like this must be repeating someone else's comment, but I've read them all and I don't see it. Still feels impossible.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
There's a natural tension between every couple just because there's a natural tension in every relationship that's born of the attraction it's based on and fired by the difference in the two personalities who're engaged in it. It can be a good thing, exciting even. Don't misunderstand tension as only a negative thing, especially in romantic relationships and/or entertainment, and don't mistake it as a singular thing. There are different types of it and sources for it.

And like I said, it's underlying so it doesn't have to be that it's front and centre or that the couple always has to come across as uncomfortable. And for pros like Myq and Myka they're obviously more than equipped enough with their god-given lightning reactions in the wit department to play on KATG's level together. I agree with all that other stuff you said, it was a particularly brilliant episode, but now you know what I meant by underlying tension. Every relationship has it and it's intriguing and entertaining to observe - even more so when the couple is talented as fuck.
My mistake if you misunderstood what I was saying. I started to go off on a tangent about tension on the show and KATG in general. I'm totally aware of tension within couples, I just thought you were talking about host/guest tension, and went from there.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

keith you messed up !!!! (Bubble play)

I heard you talking about the poker tournament from tuesday and you where wrong to shove all in with A 10 , dont remember if they where suited not that it makes a diffrence.
i did watch the hand play out, i was the 3rd in chips stack, i had like 12k in chips or so.
IF you had done that exact same move against a smaller stack it would be just fine because you would have still had chips to try to make the money.
now if you had like AA KK QQ AK, you would be at worse a 50/50 to win if you get called, and there is nothing wrong with shoving all in,
a hand like your A 10 would be better suited to come in for a raise and see the flop but if you dont "catch" something you can ditch it, if your opponet bets, you can even put in a raise if its checked to you.
cashing is a priority if you want to keeps money in your account, espically if you can almost guarentee yourself your going to cash.
your stack was FAR to big to be risking your tournament life.
Im not trying to change your mind on how to play just some friendly advice that could help in the future, then again there your cards play them however you want,
just take out that dipshit that won, hes a pain in ass for all players that are there for fun.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Neither here nor there but i am a bit emnotional lately....

Bucho, Standardman, Cat, Punks, Sparrow, Rhian... And all the others

I love you as i love my best friends, and i'm not drunk right now.

You really all make my days better.

Thank you
Awwwwww, shut up Junks, you're the one making days better and stuff.

I'm not saying if I'm drunk.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSol007 View Post
I heard you talking about the poker tournament from tuesday and you where wrong to shove all in with A 10 , dont remember if they where suited not that it makes a diffrence.
i did watch the hand play out, i was the 3rd in chips stack, i had like 12k in chips or so.
IF you had done that exact same move against a smaller stack it would be just fine because you would have still had chips to try to make the money.
now if you had like AA KK QQ AK, you would be at worse a 50/50 to win if you get called, and there is nothing wrong with shoving all in,
a hand like your A 10 would be better suited to come in for a raise and see the flop but if you dont "catch" something you can ditch it, if your opponet bets, you can even put in a raise if its checked to you.
cashing is a priority if you want to keeps money in your account, espically if you can almost guarentee yourself your going to cash.
your stack was FAR to big to be risking your tournament life.
Im not trying to change your mind on how to play just some friendly advice that could help in the future, then again there your cards play them however you want,
just take out that dipshit that won, hes a pain in ass for all players that are there for fun.

I was that dipshit, but i was also there for fun! I had fun winning all the money and will have more fun spending it! I probably succeeded in having the most fun!

As far as the actual hand... do you really think it's a good idea to only reraise QQ+ and AK? I mean if he does that, I will be robbing you pussies until we make the money, then I will have a chip stack that will be extremely difficult to overcome in head up play.

I think Keith just got unlucky that I had the hand I did.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #30 (permalink)

true he did get unlucky but there was no reason for him to shove. but if he is going to do it have a premium hand. otherwise see a flop. but the shove would be in line with the kill phil strategy so there is some merit to it. if he had made that play any other time earlier even 5 or 6 handed it more justifiable. just my opinion.