Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does Keith hate movies?
Yes 161 66.53%
No 81 33.47%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2010, 03:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Holland being responsible for all this animal fucking reminds me of a survey I saw a couple years ago in Loaded or Maxim or something, where condom manufacturers Durex had done a worldwide study of which nations' men have the biggest dicks and Holland is in the top three (with Senegal and Czech Republic I think it was). Some of that horse DNA must've gotten into those Dutchies I guess.

I'll just have to take your word for it Kyle, I tried to find a download for that on the Comical Radio site a couple of months ago and gave up when I realised it'd be easier to escape Gitmo.
exactly why i gave up trying to provide a link after a couple of minutes.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith ha the same approach toi movies that he has to anything else. He's hypercritical and even a small flaw pisses him off. So he doesnt hate movies. He's just more prone to dislike stuff than like it, because he's a hard-ass.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

Regarding online dating: has anyone else found that it requires a tremendous amount of time to search, read, write, and reply to all the profiles and messages? That's my impression, having tried online dating in the past. It's also frustrating that only about 10% of messages will get a response, and most will simply delete you without even clicking the "no thanks" option.

What's up with that?

Ladies, if you're reading this, do the fellas a favour and just tell 'em "no."
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I don't think Keith hates movies. He talks all the time about his Netflix, and he often goes to the movies. He always picks the movies he and Chemda watch, and he's all in-the-know about upcoming movies.

I NEVER go to the movies, it's too much of a to-do for me and I rarely watch movies unless I'm on a date or something, and then it's totally just an excuse to make someone sit close to me for 2 hours. Maybe I hate movies???
Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottperezfox View Post
Regarding online dating: has anyone else found that it requires a tremendous amount of time to search, read, write, and reply to all the profiles and messages? That's my impression, having tried online dating in the past. It's also frustrating that only about 10% of messages will get a response, and most will simply delete you without even clicking the "no thanks" option.

What's up with that?

Ladies, if you're reading this, do the fellas a favour and just tell 'em "no."
It does require a lot of effort, but you are looking for the person you're going to spend your life with. I met my fiance on eharmony, but he wasn't the first person I met from that site. As a friend of mine once said, you've got to pick a lot of weeds to find a flower.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Kyle on the = EPIC WIN!!! He had some good comebacks and lines in this episode, he fits in naturally.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

This poll took a bit to decide on. But honestly, I ethink Keith does hat (most) movies, and quite honestly, I can't blame him one bit. Hollywood hasn't had many new, creative ideas in a while. Most movies today are shit, and it amazes me how people try to justify an overpriced movie made from a previously used movie "template", or even worse, all of the "reboots" and "remakes".

Okay, now I'm listening to Keith read the movies from IMDB, the ones he is reading are good (for the most part).

Last edited by Grapist; 02-04-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

In the end i saw Avatar, to understand the hoopla. This isnt the riht movie to base this argument on. It's a retarded toy on steroids and the exact opposite of what Keith likes in a movie. So, it's not a surprise at all that he did not like it.

Sidenote: If that thing is the future of movies, then movies are DEAD. There's nothing in that simple, one-note, three hour tripe that was worth going to an overpriced crowded theater. Not even the 3D.

I dont get it. I was with a bunch of friends. One was a 35 year old lady with kids. A grown up. And she was crying at the end. BAWLING. And trying to explain to me how this thing was deep and about the balance of the universe. Seriously, i'd rather have a world populated by Keiths with their perspective and reasoning criticism than this new generation of men-children, that feed their inner kid more than the actual ones.

It's a shame that these people are ourtbreeding the smart ones.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm with Keith. I welled up at the end of Taking Chance. It was simple, real and unsurprising. I was 19 and a freshmen in college when 9/11 happened. That means my generation has born the burden of these wars. I've had a lot of friends go overseas and thankfully none of them have come back in a coffin. Yet, I know that the experience would be like this, unextraordinary and sad. It hits me because I could easily be in this story and it could happen tomorrow. If you get a chance you should read the story in the Rocky Mountain News that was done on the real life guys who do this and the guy who authored the original story.

Final Salute : News : The Rocky Mountain News
Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlucker View Post
i think the problem is, there is no character development in movies. which leads to dull, basic stories that get dragged on for over an hour.
I actually think the exact opposite. I think Keith is more into movies with a well based and intriguing story with somewhat static characters. I think that the character development process can be somewhat overwhelming to some. I personally love it, but I can understand those who don't. Pulp Fiction is a good example of excellent story with characters that don't do a whole lot of developing. Their personalities are already set in stone at the start of the movie. (Couterpoint: Jules getting into God after surviving the gun fight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Keith ha the same approach toi movies that he has to anything else. He's hypercritical and even a small flaw pisses him off. So he doesnt hate movies. He's just more prone to dislike stuff than like it, because he's a hard-ass.
Keith likes a well laid out story that all fits together. He enjoys American Cheese, not that Swiss cheese crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
In the end i saw Avatar, to understand the hoopla. This isnt the riht movie to base this argument on. It's a retarded toy on steroids and the exact opposite of what Keith likes in a movie. So, it's not a surprise at all that he did not like it.

Sidenote: If that thing is the future of movies, then movies are DEAD. There's nothing in that simple, one-note, three hour tripe that was worth going to an overpriced crowded theater. Not even the 3D.

I dont get it. I was with a bunch of friends. One was a 35 year old lady with kids. A grown up. And she was crying at the end. BAWLING. And trying to explain to me how this thing was deep and about the balance of the universe. Seriously, i'd rather have a world populated by Keiths with their perspective and reasoning criticism than this new generation of men-children, that feed their inner kid more than the actual ones.

It's a shame that these people are ourtbreeding the smart ones.
This argument could be its own thread, haha, but I'll extract one point and that is suspension of disbelief. Some people don't have it, and those people like to call those who do, "stupid". I think throwing yourself whole-heartedly into the movie makes for a more rewarding experience. Some people watch the movie, others experience it. Call me retarded, if you'd like, but I really do enjoy long character driven movies, that I can really get into, emotionally.