Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who made out the most in the Letterman/Leno Super Bowl commercial?
David Letterman 96 68.57%
Jay Leno 24 17.14%
Oprah Winfrey 20 14.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

What the fuck? God dam it Chemda - did you have to keep the HIV/AIDS debate going?

Pain +1
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Sorry to say it, but Joe was right about women getting HIV easier than men. I had read about that a few years ago. I think the numbers were such that a woman was twice as likely to gets HIV from a man than vice-versa. Although, I don't think it's all that relevant to the discussion about whether men's or women's "sexual numbers" should be equal. And, yes, fifty sexual partners is a lot - for a man or a woman.

The other odd thing about the discussion was the fact that Joe thought 50 sexual partners wasn't that many for a man, but it is a lot for a woman. If you think about it, the average number of sexual partners (for heterosexuals) should be equal for men or women.

Now, maybe men are going to prostitutes (and including those in their numbers), or maybe there is a small minority of women who have lots of partners (e.g. in the hundreds), but mathematically, men and women should have the same average number of sexual partners. Afterall, every time a man has sex with a new woman, both of their numbers increase by one.

I've also read that men typically include oral sex in their count of partners (because they want higher numbers), whereas women do not (because they want lower numbers). Maybe that confuses men into thinking that the average woman has fewer sexual partners than the average man.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm halfway through this show and the nonstop debating is bringing back some memories. I don't think I've had one seriously charged debate since I left New York, and I sure don't miss it. Can't you meet a dude halfway? Shit. I feel your pain, Joe.

That being said, looking forward to seeing you guys again for the marathon! Hugs & kisses!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
But I'm PMS-ing so fuck courtesy.

This guy was lame and flat and depressing in the "what's the point? I just shouldn't bother waking up" way. He also made me want to never ever have sex again.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrit View Post
Sorry to say it, but Joe was right about women getting HIV easier than men. I had read about that a few years ago. I think the numbers were such that a woman was twice as likely to gets HIV from a man than vice-versa. Although, I don't think it's all that relevant to the discussion about whether men's or women's "sexual numbers" should be equal. And, yes, fifty sexual partners is a lot - for a man or a woman.

The other odd thing about the discussion was the fact that Joe thought 50 sexual partners wasn't that many for a man, but it is a lot for a woman. If you think about it, the average number of sexual partners (for heterosexuals) should be equal for men or women.

Now, maybe men are going to prostitutes (and including those in their numbers), or maybe there is a small minority of women who have lots of partners (e.g. in the hundreds), but mathematically, men and women should have the same average number of sexual partners. Afterall, every time a man has sex with a new woman, both of their numbers increase by one.

I've also read that men typically include oral sex in their count of partners (because they want higher numbers), whereas women do not (because they want lower numbers). Maybe that confuses men into thinking that the average woman has fewer sexual partners than the average man.
Ok.

But if I owned a bar this would be on the list of shit that you're not allowed to talk about - both the science of HIV transmission and numbers of partners.

Chemda and many others don't want women to be thought of as sluts - if she could change public opinion then people would be more sexually free. I don't know if it's possible to convince people.

Joe doesn't want the women he was with to have 50+. I don't know the science. Wrong or right he's still going to be grossed out by it. Double standard? Yes. Sexist? Maybe not - if it's only about the women he sleeps with. If he's cool with other women having 50+ generally then he has a point.

All I wanted was some funny
Old 02-11-2010, 02:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I'm halfway through this show and the nonstop debating is bringing back some memories. I don't think I've had one seriously charged debate since I left New York, and I sure don't miss it. Can't you meet a dude halfway? Shit. I feel your pain, Joe.
Really? I think charged debates are the juice of life. Of course it's better if they dont end up in name-calling and insults but generally a good argument is what b rings up the most interesting points of views.

If we all "agreed to disagree", we wouldnt go anywhere.

Of course people with soft skin should abstain (not referring to you McNally)
Old 02-11-2010, 03:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I'm halfway through this show and the nonstop debating is bringing back some memories. I don't think I've had one seriously charged debate since I left New York, and I sure don't miss it. Can't you meet a dude halfway?
I don't think I'm the only one who didn't expect the sentence to end that way.

Thought you'd say you DID miss it.

Not cause you like to argue, but because being part of an adult heated discussion that comes from a good place is spice - it's fun.

No you can't meet someone halfway if you don't believe you're really meeting halfway. It's okay to voice your opinion, McNally. Everyone can grow.

(Chemda happened to be right. And hopefully Joe grew.)

You know what, let's meet halway on this. You're right completely.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

I wouldnt hope that Joe grew after the discussion. He sounded a lot like those guys that say "whatever", after any argument. Still funny, though.

I dont get how anyone could live without ever arguing passionately about their ideas. That sounds so boring. Apparently there's a growing number of people who are so hurt by arguing (in person, not on a forum) and scared to get their sensitive feelings burnt, that they avoid any confrontation. They cut their own souls' balls, basically. (Not you Mcnally, of course)
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The way that Joe talked about HIV/AIDS is eerily reminiscent of the words of recent South African minister Zuma, minister for Aids and Health or something.
While AIDS minister, he testified in a rape case that he did rape an HIV positive woman - but he showered afterwards to avoid the chance of contracting the disease.
The man is the anti-AIDS head of everything! And so he showered after raping to avoid getting it.
BBC NEWS | Africa | New era for S Africa Aids fight?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwindows View Post
. He also made me want to never ever have sex again.
Cheer up, Lily. Joe is a comedian. Most of those guys do not represent the norm in terms of sexual and mental health.