Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Have to asked a complete stranger out on a date in person?
Yes 60 38.96%
No 94 61.04%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
Guys, here is a good opening line "Hey". Talk to her like she's a normal person, after you have been talking a while say "I've really enjoyed talking to you but I have to go, did you want to grab a coffee sometime?". If she says no then make up in your head that she's a bitch and you're better off without her.
And if she says yes, you can both ride away on your maaaagical unicorn to rainbow land.

No seriously, I'm with you, I have to like a person before I ask them on a date, meaning I have to hit it off and really, just saying hey gets things started off pretty well.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
No seriously, I'm with you, I have to like a person before I ask them on a date, meaning I have to hit it off and really, just saying hey gets things started off pretty well.
True, but I was thinking more for the challenge Keith put out, the point isn't to find your soulmate the point is to realise that women are just people.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
It's a good movie. If you keep talking to assholes who like it too much you should talk to less assholes.
I guess so, but when most of the Ghost World fans seem to love to brag about how good it is and how dumb people who havent seen it are and how if they saw it their life would change... Well it's fair to assume that non-assholes are the exception and not the norm.

I know they might be right and that they feel the need to share their beliefs but the majority of Mac us... Ghost World fans are hideously snarky. Again, they remind me of sobered up people who go to drinkers and say "you know, you could do better than that". I know. Buzz off, now.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Where do you go from hey? I've walked up to a girl before at a bar, and just asked if I could buy her a drink and that did work, didn't get laid but got to first base that same night.

Can I buy you a drink is just a nice thing to open with cause you then have something to keep you occupied (ordering the actual drink and asking what she wants), but this only works when going out at night. I find it very hard to find a way to start it off with a girl during other situations.

But, even though I don't consider myself part of the group Keith was challenging, I'll still take it on. Let's hope this will work

Facebook | JustBryan.nl | Twitter
"Bryan is a legend!"- OCD-dude
Old 03-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You dont have to spell out that you want to make it a romantic date. Say "Hey". Chat a bit (Booze helps). Then let your body language speak for you. At a certain point you go for the kiss. She's not going to kill you and embarassement goes away with more drinks.

As for the date, that might come after you made out/had sex or you can be both so repulsed from each other that you might not want to ever see each other again. So you exchange fake phone numbers/emails and disappear.

If you like each other then the date should come naturally. Find something cool off the top off your head and ask.

I'm not a ladies man, but for my part, the big step in my teen years was getting over the fear of embarassement or refusal. If you dont make it a big deal, relax and go through and try a lot, it's almost impossible to fail all the time. And looks arent everything (unless you're a slob, which doesnt mean you're ugly, but means that you dont make yourself look decent. And in that case you're just lazy. Think of Danny Lobell).
Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

I find the % of people saying NO is astonishing.... Look, it's not like your going to get lucky. Infact the odds of that happening off the bat is against you. Not unless you found the next Samantha who'll fuck anything that walks by her.

The point is to put yourself out there and at least get a number. Doesn't mean you have to call. Infact, a couple of times I've gotten numbers from chicks and later I rethink about the person in general and it's just depends. By the way, if she calls you... then it means you pretty much made a good impression. & to clear things up... I don't think it counts if you're drunk and you try to pick up a chick. But drinks do help with breaking ice.

And to add to the slob list... ANDY DICK!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

For awhile in New York, I had a PC & a Mac. That was hands down better than just having one or the other. So even if you're a Mac head, getting a cheap PC wouldn't kill you, and vice versa.

For example, I had an .ISO that wouldn't burn through toast, for whatever reason. So I ported it over to the PC, and found a freeware program called ISOburn that was 2 megs and took care of the problem. Macs have a ton of great shit, but that PC flexibility is priceless.

Last edited by McNally; 03-31-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

how many times did moody say "its like that old joke"? he seems like the type of comedian that almost only does shows at retirement homes
Old 03-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

fwiw, the 5th most popular story on Daily American is "Motor Vehicle Accident"
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thumbs up

OMG, I completely forgot about "Greatest American Hero"! I used to watch it religiously!