Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Have to asked a complete stranger out on a date in person?
Yes 60 38.96%
No 94 61.04%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2010, 11:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If any of those closeted homosexual American quarterbacks want a role model there was a big Australian Rugby League star back in the 90s who came out as gay and everyone seemed to love him. And this is in rugged, macho Australia, which is basically just a Southern Hemisphere version of rugged, manly, republican Texas but with more poisonous snakes and bigger crocodiles and in a game which makes American Football look about as tough as curling.

His name? Ian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
For awhile in New York, I had a PC & a Mac. That was hands down better than just having one or the other. So even if you're a Mac head, getting a cheap PC wouldn't kill you, and vice versa.

For example, I had an .ISO that wouldn't burn through toast, for whatever reason. So I ported it over to the PC, and found a freeware program called ISOburn that was 2 megs and took care of the problem. Macs have a ton of great shit, but that PC flexibility is priceless.
Did you ever try out Final Cut on Mac vs Sony Vegas on PC? I just got a second hand Mac (and then coincidentally listened to your HamRadio 105 where you say it's dumb to buy a brand new Mac) and started using Final Cut over the last three weeks and after hearing it praised to the heavens for years it seems pretty over-rated so far, even compared to the cheapo bit of software I use on PC called Magix. Magix is nowhere near a name brand in video editing but I find it far more intuitive to work on than Final Cut so far.

In fact everything about actually working with the Mac feels pretty goofy and unweildy to me at this early stage. I guess I'll get used to it. On the plus side Final Cut has only crashed once in the three weeks, while the PC would go down a couple of times a week.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

I far prefer Sony Vegas, I do everything on it. DVD editing, XO episodes, you name it. I even did some crude animation with it. That thing is magical.

I wish Final Cut wasn't the default go to program for Youtube vloggers, for one reason: It's not at all user friendly when it comes to editing sound. Over and over I see videos edited with Final Cut that have loud clicking sounds during cuts. This is because a waveform needs to stop at a neutral 0dB position. If it stops anywhere else, it might make that clicking sound.

No one would ever want that clicking sound. There's no conceivable reason. Vegas takes care of it, Final Cut doesn't. It's something that's clearly out of the realm of understanding of the average video editor, and something that could easily be defaulted to function a different way. But in Final Cut, it's not. That's my biggest personal pet peeve.

Also, my mac couldn't read portable hard drives that were formatted to hold files bigger than 4 gigs. In this modern video editing age, many files are larger than 4 gigs. For all the back patting Apple gets as a media machine, that's really not acceptable.

But unless you're doing high level stuff like Doug, I don't think it makes much difference. Back in the early nineties my neighbor was a graphic designer. He used only Apple computers, and with good reason. Making a restaurant menu on a PC back then would be a nightmare.

But now, it's all about the same. It's like XBox & Playstation owners arguing. Basically, it's the same shit, and if you really don't think so, I'd like to remind you that we're all gonna be dead soon and to shut it.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

Just listening to the show now - the resemblance between me and the whore is uncanny. I only wish I'd be given a lump sum of money for any reason; I sure as hell wouldn't be hooking, or be in Canada.

Quick thigh snapshot for proof:

Last edited by kissmisskate; 10-15-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

Hmm...I'll have to give this challenge a try. I'm not really in any position to be around complete strangers, but maybe mild acquaintance will count?
Old 04-01-2010, 03:20 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmisskate View Post
Just listening to the show now - the resemblance between me and the whore is uncanny. I only wish I'd be given a lump sum of money for any reason; I sure as hell wouldn't be hooking, or be in Canada.

Quick thigh snapshot for proof:
ehhh... I'm not totally convinced. I really think were going to need an ass shot for verification.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

funny how keith picked on pua's in earlyer shows and then tells you to do day game cold approaches lol. he is right about not useing stupid lines though, its not what you say but how you say it and thats with confidence and no worries about outcome. make eye contact first and if you get a possative vibe go up and comment on something nice about her or an observation about whats going on around you followed by an open ended question then let her do most of the talking while you be a good listener. if you must have a corny chat up line tell her you almost came out in the same shoes. just remember the only opinion of you that matters is your own, the reason brolo gets laid so much isnt because hes a rock star (though it helps lol) its because his brain dosnt get in the way of his mouth so women find him honest forthright and confident. another good way to help build confidence is stage time, brolo sings, keith does comedy but since i dont have there talent i do karaoke to help get rid of my nerves so now i can talk to people without giving a shit.

if you have a higher thread count than egyptian cotton, GET A LIFE! tm me. fuck dane cook.
http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...eam-masculist/

Last edited by dangerous; 04-01-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: had some more thoughts
Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #27 (permalink)

Lately every time Jeremy is mentioned, I'm picturing the classic cartoon character with a rain cloud over his head (aw); I also think of Depressive Personality Disorder (described below). Anyway, I'm overly excited to meet (er-- diagnose??) everyone on April 15th!

DSM-IV Research Criteria for Depressive Personality Disorder
A. A pervasive pattern of depressive cognitions and behaviors beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
1) Usual mood is dominated by dejection, gloominess, cheerlessness, joylessness, unhappiness
2) Self-concept centers around belief of inadequacy, worthlessness, and low self-esteem
3) Is critical, blaming, and derogatory towards self
4) Is brooding and given to worry
5) Is negativistic, critical, and judgemental towards others
6) Is pessimistic
7) Is prone to feeling guilty or remorseful
B. Does not occur exclusively during Major Depressive Episodes and is not better accounted for by Dysthymic Disorder
Old 04-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
funny how keith picked on pua's in earlyer shows and then tells you to do day game cold approaches lol.

The PUA community is a bunch of douchebags who trick guys into paying them money to teach them shit they should already know about how to talk to people. Chemda and Keith gave brief, straightforward (and free!) tips on how to approach people, none of which included card tricks, faggy nicknames or shiny costumes.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
The PUA community is a bunch of douchebags who trick guys into paying them money to teach them shit they should already know about how to talk to people. Chemda and Keith gave brief, straightforward (and free!) tips on how to approach people, none of which included card tricks, faggy nicknames or shiny costumes.
the lol impied it was a joke but you shouldnt throw the baby out with the bath water. there not all douchbags like that fag on vh1. some of them also teach staightforward stuff we SHOULD know but dont and plenty of it is available for free on the internet. avoid the ones who tell you to use tricks and routines and stick with the ones who basicaly tell you to stop being a pussy and grow a set. look up inner game and natural game.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

I may be posting this in the wrong show thread, so you may already know, but I don't think the person Keith spoke to was a pharmacist. Most likely it was a pharmacy technician, which (speaking as one) is a very lowly-trained person just doing things the pharmacist doesn't have time to do. You know those stupid women that answer the phones and stuff at a doctor's office (not nurses; the nursing assistants)? Pharmacy technicians are less trained at speaking with people than them.