Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you’re in a relationship, would you do an intense love scene with another actor?
Probably. It’s my job. 184 75.10%
I doubt it. That’s too much. 61 24.90%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I feel like Mat's bullshit worked for him though. As obnoxious as I found him to be, he was mentioned on KATG a lot, and was on Distorted View and a few others I think. It seemed like he was everywhere for awhile. And now that Keith's telling him to fuck off, he's right back on everyone's radar.
The problem with being a parasite though is that best case scenario is you get half as big as the host. And then the host dies. But you're still a parasite.

It might work for a minute, but after that minute's up you're fucked.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #92 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Bob! Where were you? Are you allright? I missed you!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #93 (permalink)

I totally agree with KATG. The guy is (I quote my younger bro.) a "Double Douche." The guy is not a friend and is not being a friend for trying to get into the spot light.
Another thing, his first fuck up was from contacting the paper in the first place. After that, it all went down hill. So... Good riddance.

V/R
Seanie
Old 04-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Bob! Where were you? Are you allright? I missed you!
Sometimes shit just gets busy, man. For example, I saw all of Rust in Peace live recently, as well as Moonsorrow and Finntroll live.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #95 (permalink)

The "Three Strikes Rule" was sorta explained to me in college, when we were discussing Game Theory as it pertains to Evolution. I think it's called the Prisoner's Dilemma and this is how I remember it being described:

Say you catch two guys working together, around a scene of a crime, but you don't have enough evidence to get them for a crime that has a heftier sentence (I think the example was there was an armed robbery, two guys caught, you can get them on weapons possession charges, but not armed robbery) so you charge them for something smaller that you can prove. You split the guys up, and try to get both of them to tattle on each other. If they both do, they both get the longer sentence (say 15 yrs), if only one does, he gets a lighter charge and sentence (say 2 yrs), and the other guy gets the longer sentence. But if neither talks, they both get a moderate sentence (4-5 yrs). So overall it actually makes sense for all criminals to always keep their mouths shut, then they will always average shorter terms.

What the three strikes law does is make it so if you had already kept your mouth shut two other times for the same type of crime, then you are automatically going to get a longer sentence for that crime, but if you tell on your partner, who maybe has never been arrested before, you get a shorter term then you would have if you hadn't said anything, and the new guy gets a longer term, no matter what he does. So the intent is to make it harder for repeat offenders to work the system, and to deter criminals from protecting each other.

Alright, that was a long entry, if no one cares please let me know so I don't post anymore lectures that I remember from various college courses.

Also I remember around the time of the cruise (which Mat was on and is even shown in the Hi/Low portion of the DVD, as well as yours truly) Keith saying that people were trying to convince him not to mention the Jamhole, that Mat was just looking for a plug, so some people out there have got to feel a little vindicated.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #96 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
The "Three Strikes Rule" was sorta explained to me in college, when we were discussing Game Theory as it pertains to Evolution. I think it's called the Prisoner's Dilemma ...
The prisoner's dilemma is pretty much what you explained - details vary but you have its essence. But introduction of the three strikes policy doesn't help resolve the dilemma, it just changes the game. Which is fine. You can do that.

Alternatively, "three strikes" + "private prisons" = "slavery".

Might be the simpler explanation. See e.g. New Worker Features: US prison labour -- a return to slavery? and several other articles.

It's quite a contentious explanation.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #97 (permalink)

I have a cousin in prison for 20 years for Oregon's 'career criminal' deal, which is similar to 3 strikes. He's always been bad, for the short period of time he was out of prison as an adult he was a shit. It was a relief when he got caught again and thrown back in the penn.

On one hand I think that the law was excessive. He was a petty thief and an addict, but he got 20 years for carrying a concealed weapon. On the other had, if they had given him 5 years, he'd be out about now and I would hate to have to see him putting my aunt and grandparents through the shit he put them through last time he was out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
The problem with being a parasite though is that best case scenario is you get half as big as the host. And then the host dies. But you're still a parasite.

It might work for a minute, but after that minute's up you're fucked.
Excellent point. But the trick is that the parasite will probably never realize this, and just continue on feeding off of others, and moving on when the well runs dry.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #98 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanRadio.com View Post
New to the show and don't know all the history, but what a bloody opportunistic weasel this Jamhole dude is! Good on ya for cutting him off.
Holy shit! What a kiss ass!